Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elspeth said:
Lady Helen Taylor looks a lot like her mother the Duchess of Kent.

Now that you say that Elspeth, your right. I never really noticed it before.
I think Charlotte looks a lot like her mother- Caroline of Monaco

Yeah, maybe. But if you could find an old picture of the duchess of Kent, the similarity between her and Lady Helen should be even clearer.

Well, some of us are old enough to remember what the Duchess of Kent looked like back in the 1960s and 1970s.;) She hasn't aged gracefully in the last few years, but she was a real beauty in her time.

I was looking at posts 28 and 29, of Caroline and Charlotte. I believe Caroline was about 12 at that time. At 10 or so, she had short hair, and the she started growing it again. At 16, she looked very different, as a matter of fact it is the summer she cut her hair short , after letting it grow quite long, and she wore bikinis, not little girl type two piece bathing suits.

Elspeth said:
Well, some of us are old enough to remember what the Duchess of Kent looked like back in the 1960s and 1970s.;) She hasn't aged gracefully in the last few years, but she was a real beauty in her time.
Oh, well, I must be a little younger than you then, because I don't remember what that generation of royals looked like when they were young at all.

Aiko like Naruhito,
Elisabeth like Philippe,
Ingrid Alexandra like Haakon,
Amalia like Willem-Alexander,
Alexia like Maxima,
Urdangarin boys like Inaki.

Australian said:
I think that Prince Joachim of Denmark looks very much like his mother, Queen Margrethe. Joachim is like the male version of the Queen and the Queen looks like the female version of Joachim! An exaggeration I know, but very close :)
I have thought the same thing myself. Especially if you look at pictures of when they were both teenagers and put the pictures side by side.

magnik said:
Aiko like Naruhito,

In the latest thread on the activities of CP Naruhito and CP Masako, there is a picture of CP Naruhito and Aiko that made me do a double take, she looked so much like him! :wub:

Prince Williams looks like P. Diana but as he grows older (an looses more hair) he look like the windsor.
Queen Elizabeth looks like Queen Mary.
All three of the Windsor boys (Charles, Andrew and Edward) look like their father Prince Phillip.
Beatrice looks like her mother Duchess of York.
Eugenie looks like Andrew.
I think the Greek Princess Alexia looks alot like her cousin CP Frederick
All of the Urdangarin boys look like their father.

Beatrice like Queen Victoria in her young age

source: corbis, wireimage

Arrieta Morales looks exactly like her grandmother Queen Anne Marie (first from the left in the first picture) did when she was a little girl!:ohmy::wub:

Yeah, I see a resemblance. And I like the picture with Anne-Marie, Benedikte and Margarete with what must be their father Frederik IX. Or is that their grandfather Christian X?

Prince Christiam looks like his mum CP Mary.

Furienna said:
Yeah, I see a resemblance. And I like the picture with Anne-Marie, Benedikte and Margarete with what must be their father Frederik IX. Or is that their grandfather Christian X?

that's their father Frederik IX ;)

Really? I think he looks rather old. But maybe not old enough to be their grandfather.

Furienna said:
Really? I think he looks rather old. But maybe not old enough to be their grandfather.

well, he was 41 when Margrethe was born and 47 when Anne Marie was born and that picture was taken when AM was 6, so he was 53 years old at the time;)

Well, I knew he was a rather old father... I guess that explains it.

dbarn67 said:
I think the Greek Princess Alexia looks alot like her cousin CP Frederick
All of the Urdangarin boys look like their father.
I have to agree with you in the first one but disagree in the second, look:
29uvvnt.jpg

40pxs37.jpg

(left: King Juan Carlos, right: Pablo Urdangarín)

source: Diez Minutos, Gamma Press

Frederik and Alexia could pass off for being brother and sister! They look more alike than Frederik and Joachim do.

soCal girl said:
Frederik and Alexia could pass off for being brother and sister! They look more alike than Frederik and Joachim do.

yeah, and Alexia doesn't seem that much alike to Pavlos and Nikolaos, she looks a lot like Fred...;)

I always thought that Alexia looked a lot more like her father than mother...

I think Princess Salma looks alot like Queen Rania

Pablo Urdangarín sure looks like his grandfather Juan Carlos!

Furienna said:
Pablo Urdangarín sure looks like his grandfather Juan Carlos!
Yeah; Juan looks exactly like his father, Pablo looks like KJC, Miguel has some "greek" features and Irene looks a lot like Miguel, but she's still too little to know for sure...:flowers:

and I think that Fred looks a lot like his mother in this pic:

source: Corbis

Last edited:
Queen Sonja looks like her mother Dagny Haraldsen

Polfoto

In this picture both William and Harry really resemble Prince Charles, especially Harry.
In the
close-up Prince Harry looks like small Prince Charles with red hair.

And
another picture of Prince Charles and Prince Harry, where they look strikingly alike (imo).

Last edited:
Okay, excuse me for seeming ignorant here, but Beatrice, who are those women in your picture?

Prince Harry looks like her uncle Charles (brother of Diana)

Queen Elizabeth looks like her grandmother Queen Mary.

Queen Sophia looks like her father King Pavlos.

Prince Joachim looks like her mother Queen Margrethe.

Back
Top Bottom