Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is some similarity between Sofia and Irene. How old is Princess Irene in the photograph?

Apparently she first wore her pendant when her sister Sofia turned 18, so Irene might have been as young as 14 there.

Charlotte certainly looks like her father but I rarely, if ever, this George looks very much like him. However, I stumbled across this photo of William and Anne with the umbrella earlier and was so struck by how much he and George look identical.

Wow! If Anne wasn’t in the picture I might have mistaken him for George. That is amazing.

I think William and Peter Philips look very much alike, especially in some older photographs. He does, on occasion, look like Edward and even Charles. And of course there's some of the Spencer look about him, too. William seems to be one of those people whose resemblance to others depends on the photograph and the angle.

I remember seeing Peter in a baseball cap once- and I really saw the resemblance to William there.

I see a resemblance to Edward too.

This was brought up awhile ago, but Edward looks a lot like George VI

When Philip passed, there was a photo of him and, I think, a separate one of Edward side by side. Maybe it was for the DofE awards website?? They had the exact same smile. It was amazing. They were both beaming, wide grins. Totally identical.

I hadn’t noticed the resemblance to George VI though. Hmmm….

Wow! If Anne wasn’t in the picture I might have mistaken him for George. That is amazing.

Prince William and Prince George seem to have their hair parted identically.

Maybe its my aging eyesight but does Infanta Sofia have a slight resemblance to her fathers cousin Doña Simoneta Gómez?

I think Prince Charles looks like the Queen Mother around the forehead and thick eyebrows.

Princess Marie Esmeralda,Lady Moncada and her late mother the Princess of Réthy bear a really strong resemblance!

I think Prince Charles looks like the Queen Mother around the forehead and thick eyebrows.

Does King Charles III resemble either of the Queen Mother's parents The Earl and Countess of Strathmore?

Does King Charles III resemble either of the Queen Mother's parents The Earl and Countess of Strathmore?

The Earl of Strathmore

435px-Claude_George_Bowes_Lyon%2C_14th_Earl_of_Strathmore_and_Kinghorne.jpg

The Countess of Strathmore
333px-The_Countess_of_Strathmore.jpg

The Queen Mother certainly resembled her mother. I don't really see much resemblances between King Charles and his great-grandparents.

The Queen Mother certainly resembled her mother. I don't really see much resemblances between King Charles and his great-grandparents.

Yes I can see a resemblance between mother and daughter.

yes Lady S does look a lot like the queen mother, but Charles does not look like either of the couple.

Prince Charles when he was younger looked like Grand Duchess Alexandra Iosifovna of Russia.

IMO the only ones who look like the Bowes Lyons are Andrew and Eugenie.

Charles has always been a bit of a generations back one (who ever that may be, be). Anne is a mix as is Edward.

The Queen herself between her mother and paternal grandmother (so many of the royal women share a resemblance to Mary: Zara, Anne, Louise, Isla).

Of the grandchildren Peter and Zara look like the Windsors side. Harry does look like Charles but mainly the Spencers. William looks like the Windsors (with a hint of Diana), Beatrice is Ferguson (apart from the eyes) and Eugenie the Bowes Lyon. James and Louise look like the Windsors.

The Queen and Princess Mary, Princess Royal looked alike definitely.

Back
Top Bottom