The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Nobility

I like queen Margrethe , and princess Mary!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Margrethe!

My favourite danish royal has to be Queen Margrethe. She seems like a wonderful person : she seems to be a very friendly and intelligent woman, not to mention she is an accomplished artist.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Margrethe is clearly the first for me.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Margrethe. She has been up to the task a lifetime and knows how to keep her distance from the journalists without seeming aloof.
She has mastered the royal job to perfection.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

I think I'll choose CP Frederik.He seems nice to me,although I haven't seen many Danish members choosing him.Is there anything wrong with this man?
Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I think I'll choose CP Frederik.He seems nice to me,although I haven't seen many Danish members choosing him.Is there anything wrong with this man?
I do not think so. He is not reputed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he is cute enough. However the ladies have stolen the spotlight for so long he seemed to have faded in the background.
I met a Danish couple who is madly in love with the entire family but they could not say enough good things about Mary..........
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Margrethe first and foremost as she is the epitome of regal elegance and has such talents and inteligence.

Frederik second as he's a nice chap and it's interesting to see him developing. I prefer Joachim's English speach though which is excellent.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Iakynthi, so far only two Danish members has written a post on this thread. H.M Margrethe and I .

Our posts are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe View Post
1. Queen Margrethe

2. Princesse Isabella

3. Prince Christian

4. CP Frederik

5. CP Mary

6. Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
The Prince Consort Henrik. Why? I simply like him.

After him comes CP Frederik.
As you can se CP Frederik is on both our lists of favorits .
Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
He is not reputed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.......
Odette, I do think that very much depends on who you ask .

He is one of the best educated royals in the world.......and he has got a wonderful sense of humor .
Old 11-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Royal Highness

He does - which makes him my favourite - I have always loved the way he does not feel it necessary to always present himself as a royal (contrary to e.g. his younger brother).

As to being the sharpest knife in the drawer - well, isn't it a very old prejudice that if you stutter a bit or is not extremely eloquent in public you are not sharp? I'm in on a bet that he is plenty sharp - and in my eyes not showing off just makes him even sharper.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
As to being the sharpest knife in the drawer - well, isn't it a very old prejudice that if you stutter a bit or is not extremely eloquent in public you are not sharp? I'm in on a bet that he is plenty sharp - and in my eyes not showing off just makes him even sharper.
I totally concur with you UserDane.

If someone who has completed studies in political science at Harvard University, USA, and graduated with an MA in Political Science from Aarhus University, completed extensive military training in all three services and furthermore is fluent in Danish, English and French (German as well I think) can be called "not the sharpest knife in the drawer"......I wonder what people who has less qualifications can be called?

Most of all I wonder, how many of those giving fuel to the rumour of him not being the the sharpest knife in the drawer, can come up with the amount of qualifications and competences he possess? My bet is - not many if any at all!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mary, but the now ex-Royal the Countess Alexandra has class and always looks wonderful.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

For me, Queen Margaret.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Mine is definetly Crown Princess Mary.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Odette, I do think that very much depends on who you ask .

He is one of the best educated royals in the world.......and he has got a wonderful sense of humor .

My comment had to do with the reputation he may have among a lot of people. A lot of self effacing people are not being taken seriously because they do not like the limelight or steal all the conversations. P Frederick may fall into this category. I think he is cute. With regard to education he is like most princes these days educated in Ivy League Universities. ( Haakon, Pavlos,Nikolaos, Felipe, Albert etc etc.) However, and this has nothing to do with P Frederick, a lot of people are highly educated but not "street smart" This does not mean they are not intelligent, they may be experts in one field and totally ignorant in another.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
My comment had to do with the reputation he may have among a lot of people.
I know. I never read your comment as if it was your personal oppinion Odette .

Quote:
With regard to education he is like most princes these days educated in Ivy League Universities. ( Haakon, Pavlos,Nikolaos, Felipe, Albert etc etc.)
You are right most princes these days are educated in Ivy League Universities.

What makes me write that Frederik is one of the best educated royals in the world is, that he - in addition to having graduated with a MA and having completed extensive military training in all three services, which most CP's have - also has 1) completed an education as the Danish eqvivalent to a Navy SEAL and 2) masters at least three languages fluently - French, English and Danish. German I am not sure about but I do think he speaks that language fluent as well.

Being a Navy Seal and speaking that many languages separates him from the other CP's (and P's) in regard to education.

Besides from that - what does it matter that he stutters a bit? His has a wonderful and relaxed sense of humor, which he very, very often displays in public. IMO that testifyes that he is both intelligent, has great social skills and feels comfortable in public.

So IMO, the rumour is untrue, unfair and malicious. It is based opon the complete ignorance of those spreading it. Indeed they are the once who are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer - not CP Frederik.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I do not think so. He is not reputed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he is cute enough. However the ladies have stolen the spotlight for so long he seemed to have faded in the background.
I met a Danish couple who is madly in love with the entire family but they could not say enough good things about Mary..........
This sounds like gossip. If you wish to comment on Prince Frederik's reputation, please back up with facts from reputable published reports.

Thanks,

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator
Old 11-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've removed a couple of posts that were complaining about the above moderator request. You're all experienced enough posters to know the routine - keep these sorts of complaints off the thread because it's not fair to other posters if threads get derailed this way. Anyone wanting to complain may do so by private message.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Old 04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

CP Frederik of course.
He's well educated, loves to sail, is wonderful at what he does. And extremly handsome.

CP Mary comes next because she is the most bravest woman I know for leaving her home to travel around the world to be with the man she loves.
x
Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
. . . . You are right most princes these days are educated in Ivy League Universities.

What makes me write that Frederik is one of the best educated royals in the world is, that he - in addition to having graduated with a MA and having completed extensive military training in all three services, which most CP's have - also has 1) completed an education as the Danish eqvivalent to a Navy SEAL and 2) masters at least three languages fluently - French, English and Danish. German I am not sure about but I do think he speaks that language fluent as well.

Being a Navy Seal and speaking that many languages separates him from the other CP's (and P's) in regard to education.

Besides from that - what does it matter that he stutters a bit? His has a wonderful and relaxed sense of humor, which he very, very often displays in public. IMO that testifyes that he is both intelligent, has great social skills and feels comfortable in public.

So IMO, the rumour is untrue, unfair and malicious. It is based opon the complete ignorance of those spreading it. Indeed they are the once who are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer - not CP Frederik.
When discussing people like CP Frederik I aways remind myself that a superior education is often mistaken for a superior intellect. However in the case of Denmark's Crown Prince, his achievements are spread across such a wide range of both academia and the military. that I don't doubt his intelligence.

As to his stutter? Well. since he is multi lingual, has a MA and has mastered the Navy Seal equivilent he seems more than just a little "sharp"!