Your favourite Danish Royal?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As to being the sharpest knife in the drawer - well, isn't it a very old prejudice that if you stutter a bit or is not extremely eloquent in public you are not sharp? I'm in on a bet that he is plenty sharp :) - and in my eyes not showing off just makes him even sharper.

I totally concur with you UserDane.

If someone who has completed studies in political science at Harvard University, USA, and graduated with an MA in Political Science from Aarhus University, completed extensive military training in all three services and furthermore is fluent in Danish, English and French (German as well I think) can be called "not the sharpest knife in the drawer"......I wonder what people who has less qualifications can be called? :whistling:

Most of all I wonder, how many of those giving fuel to the rumour of him not being the the sharpest knife in the drawer, can come up with the amount of qualifications and competences he possess? :whistling::whistling: My bet is - not many if any at all!

Princess Mary, but the now ex-Royal the Countess Alexandra has class and always looks wonderful.

Odette, I do think that very much depends on who you ask ;).

He is one of the best educated royals in the world.......and he has got a wonderful sense of humor :flowers:.

My comment had to do with the reputation he may have among a lot of people. A lot of self effacing people are not being taken seriously because they do not like the limelight or steal all the conversations. P Frederick may fall into this category. I think he is cute. With regard to education he is like most princes these days educated in Ivy League Universities. ( Haakon, Pavlos,Nikolaos, Felipe, Albert etc etc.) However, and this has nothing to do with P Frederick, a lot of people are highly educated but not "street smart" This does not mean they are not intelligent, they may be experts in one field and totally ignorant in another.:flowers:

My comment had to do with the reputation he may have among a lot of people.

I know. I never read your comment as if it was your personal oppinion Odette :flowers:.

With regard to education he is like most princes these days educated in Ivy League Universities. ( Haakon, Pavlos,Nikolaos, Felipe, Albert etc etc.)

You are right most princes these days are educated in Ivy League Universities.

What makes me write that Frederik is one of the best educated royals in the world is, that he - in addition to having graduated with a MA and having completed extensive military training in all three services, which most CP's have - also has 1) completed an education as the Danish eqvivalent to a Navy SEAL and 2) masters at least three languages fluently - French, English and Danish. German I am not sure about but I do think he speaks that language fluent as well.

Being a Navy Seal and speaking that many languages separates him from the other CP's (and P's) in regard to education.

Besides from that - what does it matter that he stutters a bit? His has a wonderful and relaxed sense of humor, which he very, very often displays in public. IMO that testifyes that he is both intelligent, has great social skills and feels comfortable in public.

So IMO, the rumour is untrue, unfair and malicious. It is based opon the complete ignorance of those spreading it. Indeed they are the once who are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer - not CP Frederik.

I do not think so. He is not reputed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer but he is cute enough. However the ladies have stolen the spotlight for so long he seemed to have faded in the background.
I met a Danish couple who is madly in love with the entire family but they could not say enough good things about Mary..........

This sounds like gossip. If you wish to comment on Prince Frederik's reputation, please back up with facts from reputable published reports.

Thanks,

Mandy
Royal Forums Administrator

I've removed a couple of posts that were complaining about the above moderator request. You're all experienced enough posters to know the routine - keep these sorts of complaints off the thread because it's not fair to other posters if threads get derailed this way. Anyone wanting to complain may do so by private message.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

CP Frederik of course.
He's well educated, loves to sail, is wonderful at what he does. And extremly handsome.

CP Mary comes next because she is the most bravest woman I know for leaving her home to travel around the world to be with the man she loves.
x

. . . . You are right most princes these days are educated in Ivy League Universities.

What makes me write that Frederik is one of the best educated royals in the world is, that he - in addition to having graduated with a MA and having completed extensive military training in all three services, which most CP's have - also has 1) completed an education as the Danish eqvivalent to a Navy SEAL and 2) masters at least three languages fluently - French, English and Danish. German I am not sure about but I do think he speaks that language fluent as well.

Being a Navy Seal and speaking that many languages separates him from the other CP's (and P's) in regard to education.

Besides from that - what does it matter that he stutters a bit? His has a wonderful and relaxed sense of humor, which he very, very often displays in public. IMO that testifyes that he is both intelligent, has great social skills and feels comfortable in public.

So IMO, the rumour is untrue, unfair and malicious. It is based opon the complete ignorance of those spreading it. Indeed they are the once who are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer - not CP Frederik.
When discussing people like CP Frederik I aways remind myself that a superior education is often mistaken for a superior intellect. However in the case of Denmark's Crown Prince, his achievements are spread across such a wide range of both academia and the military. that I don't doubt his intelligence.

As to his stutter? Well. since he is multi lingual, has a MA and has mastered the Navy Seal equivilent he seems more than just a little "sharp"!

Queen Margrethe without any doubt.

Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim as close seconds!

Crown Princess Mary is my favorite, but Crown Prince Frederik, along with their children, are not far behind. I also like Princess Marie. She has spunk.

My favourite member is Princess Mary. :)
I like all the others too. They are a sweet family.

Definitely Queen Margrethe, I think she makes an absolutley perfect Queen Regnant. But I really like all of them - in fact, this is the only European royal family about which I can say that I genuinely like all of its members (except Marie, and I don't dislike her, I'm just remaining neutral and withholding judgement until she's been around longer and I've seen more of her).

My favourites :

- CP Mary
- CP Frederik
- Queen Margrethe

my favourites, crown prince's family.. especially christian..

Princess Mary and P.Marie is growing quite fast on me. She is quite interesting to follow another favorite member is P.Nathalia

CP Frederik,because he seems relaxed and humorous,apart from well-educated.

My favourite members of the Danish Royal Family are:

* Queen Margrethe
* Prince Joachim
* Princess Marie
* Nikolai, Felix and little Henrik
* Princess Mary
* Christian and Isabella
* Princess Nathalia

My favourite members of the Royal Family are:

1) Little Christian and Isabella;
2) Queen Margrethe;
3) Princess Mary;

My favourite members of the Danish royal family are

:princess Mary, Prince Fredrick, and their children
:princess Marie, Prince Joachim, Princes Nikolai, Felix and Henrik
:Countess Alexandra and her husband, Martin

Without a doubt - Queen Margrethe :flowers:

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and their children. :)

Prince Christin & Princess Isabella

Marie, and Henri de Monpezat. Nobody ever uses his original name....

My fave is Princess Marie and her family.

Back
Top Bottom