The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is your favorite European crown princess?
Mette-Marit of Norway 8 7.08%
Victoria of Sweden 23 20.35%
Mary of Denmark 29 25.66%
Maxima of the Netherlands 11 9.73%
Mathilde of Belgium 24 21.24%
Letizia of Spain 18 15.93%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 12:39 AM
Royal Highness

I voted Mathilde. She is the perfect CP and does not need all the attention to be considered that! But Maxima is near last on my list cuz she is just too emotional.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

My answer:

1. Mary
2. Mathilde
3. Victoria
4. Maxima
5. Mette Marit
6. Letizia

Old 12-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Courtier

I voted for Letizia. She really has come into her own these last months. Not to say that the other Crown Princesses aren't nice, I just like Letizia the best.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
I voted for Letizia. She really has come into her own these last months. Not to say that the other Crown Princesses aren't nice, I just like Letizia the best.
I did too, am surprised at how little votes she has
Old 12-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder if people are basing their votes on superficial qualities like how pretty a princess is, what their wardrobe is like, how shiny their hair is or things like that.
Or whether they are actually looking at the hard work and commitment of these women.
Because it is obvious to me that if you balance the role they play in their respective nation, the work load of some of these women, the amount of public pressure and attention levelled at them on a daily basis and the limitations and requirements of their respective royal households, certain women would come out way ahead of the cloud.
Victoria of Sweden being the future Queen as opposed to just being a consort has a much more important and bigger role than the other women in this poll.
Letizia of Spain comes from a much more conservative monarchy than Mary of Denmark and has more restrictions placed on her in that the Spanish monarchy is not as modern as the Danish one. Also there is much more media and political attention on the Spanish monarchy because there are much more Spanish speaking countries than Danish speaking ones.
Mathilde, Mette Marit and Maxima all have young children to rear while Letizia, Mary and Victoria do not.
These princesses are just more than pretty faces and clothes hangers for designer gowns and suits.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Courtier

princess Letizia
Old 12-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Mathilde :)

Mary and Maxima was very close....they're our faves, but Mathilde is the one we like the most all together! She's a perfect Crown Princess- she's smart, beautiful, really loves her family...she really fulfills the word Crown Princess!
Old 12-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
I wonder if people are basing their votes on superficial qualities like how pretty a princess is, what their wardrobe is like, how shiny their hair is or things like that.
Or whether they are actually looking at the hard work and commitment of these women.
Because it is obvious to me that if you balance the role they play in their respective nation, the work load of some of these women, the amount of public pressure and attention levelled at them on a daily basis and the limitations and requirements of their respective royal households, certain women would come out way ahead of the cloud.
Victoria of Sweden being the future Queen as opposed to just being a consort has a much more important and bigger role than the other women in this poll.
Letizia of Spain comes from a much more conservative monarchy than Mary of Denmark and has more restrictions placed on her in that the Spanish monarchy is not as modern as the Danish one. Also there is much more media and political attention on the Spanish monarchy because there are much more Spanish speaking countries than Danish speaking ones.
Mathilde, Mette Marit and Maxima all have young children to rear while Letizia, Mary and Victoria do not.
These princesses are just more than pretty faces and clothes hangers for designer gowns and suits.
IMO the question is very simple . This thread is not about who the best dressed or prettiest CP princess are.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Courtier

Mary because before 2000 she lived a normal australian life
Old 12-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
[...]Letizia of Spain comes from a much more conservative monarchy than Mary of Denmark and has more restrictions placed on her in that the Spanish monarchy is not as modern as the Danish one. Also there is much more media and political attention on the Spanish monarchy because there are much more Spanish speaking countries than Danish speaking ones.
[...]These princesses are just more than pretty faces and clothes hangers for designer gowns and suits.
Yes, I also voted for Letizia, because, as I posted on the thread about the favourite royals, Letizia was already a successful woman before marrying the Prince of Asturias and gave up all her promissing and meritfull career in name of love. More: she's proving to be a very professional, sober and discreet princess, improving remarkably fast, during these past months. As a woman of the XXI century, I must vote for Letizia, a commited princess, who faces the job in a very professional way.
...Well, of course it has to do with the fact that Monarchy in Spain is much more fragile than in Denmark or the Netherlands, so the royals must behave more professionally, with busy schedules and all that. They MUST prove their work is necessary and profitable for their country... But you know what? I think I could not admire a person just for his/her beauty and glamour. Of course glamour catches a lot of attention, but nowadays it is not tolerable that someone gains your admiration just for that (at least not my admiration) and the Princes of Asturias are really commited to Spain and the Spanish people, in such a way that Spaniards (like that Barcelonan businessman who confessed he would just vote Felipe, if there was an election for president!...) indeed respect them for their merit...
Old 12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I voted Mathilde. She is the perfect CP and does not need all the attention to be considered that! But Maxima is near last on my list cuz she is just too emotional.
when she cried during her wedding at the moment that man played an argentinian song, I thought she did so with great dignity.
(she was less dignified on the last celebration of the queens birthday with a red alipino on her head, oddly dressed and dancing too wildly)
Old 12-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Majesty

do we got any more votes its mary in the lead
Old 12-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Majesty

this poll will be closed december 22, stockholm time
Old 12-25-2004, 03:59 PM
Majesty

and the winner is

Crown Princess MARY of Denmark

Closed Thread