The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Who is the most tender, loving mother?

Who do you find the most tender, loving mother between the crown princesses? Who is born to be a mother? And why do you find that?
  • Princess Mathilde
  • Princess Maxima
  • Princess Mary
  • Princess Laetizia
  • Princess Mette-Marit
Are their big differences between approach?

Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

i think they are all loving, caring, nurturing women. none are better than the other. all of them are excellent examples and i especially like seeing the natural interaction with their children and families. only time will tell but seeing how naturally sweet and well behaved their children are i have no fears for the future of their countries.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

I think all of those women are great mothers, some in different ways than others, but their children all love them and appreciate their care.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Courtier

I also think they are all loving mothers. But, especially Mathilde, in my mind, was born to be a mother. It's her field of study, and she has a very caring, calm and loving presence. Her interaction with her children gives me the impression that she listens to them. She has such a rapport with them and sees them as individuals. Or, I'm maybe just biased because I like her the most!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Nobility

It's difficult to say because all we have to judge them by are photo shoots and public appearances.

I think Maxima stands out from the rest. I love to see pics of her with her three girls. She seems really relaxed and natural around them.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

Wow, that's a really difficult question. I would have to agree with the rest and say that I believe all of them are sweet, tender and loving mothers. All of them (or at least so it seems from pictures and photoshoots) have a different way of being around their children. I've always loved Maxima;s way of being around her girls very spontanious and herself, and ever since I've seen Letizia with Leonor last summer and during little SOfia's presentation with both girls, I love the kind of mother she has become as well.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Who do you find the most tender, loving mother between the crown princesses? Who is born to be a mother? And why do you find that?
  • Princess Mathilde
  • Princess Maxima
  • Princess Mary
  • Princess Laetizia
  • Princess Mette-Marit
Are their big differences between approach?
we have to know very well with intimity , the privathe lifethe princesses you deal with???i'm afraie this is note the case for the most of us
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

They are all great moms but who would you like to have as a mother. You can see differeces between the princesses, some are born to be one and other have to grow in their role.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

I have a hard time selecting also because I have some very favorite royal princesses right now but from what I see, this generation of parents really seem to show their children a lot of love in public. I am sure the older generation of royals loved their children but you usually didn't see it in public, this generation is more relaxed and seem to just be themselves where ever they are no matter who is watching, I love that about them!!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Commoner

Like most of the posts before this, I'd have to agree and say they're all loving, caring mothers. However personally I'd say that Princess Mary takes the cake. In my opinion, she just seems to be so caring for her two children and when she looks at them you can just see the love in her eyes. It's really beautiful. I've read somewhere that Mary is pregnant again? I was rather shocked - is there any truth to this?
Patrick.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

i don't think there's any truth to the rumor, (i may be wrong) but i didn't think you could get pregnant while breast feeding, or is that an old wives tale?
as to the other question "who would you want for your mother" i'd feel lucky with all of them. mathildes gentleness, maximas exuburance, mary's compassion, letizias sweetness, mette marit calm kindness and vice versa i think all descriptions describe each of them at different times.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

If talking about lovely mother, then where is Princess Diana????
Old 09-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

They all are tender and loving mothers I think. We know that from those only photos and from time to time some videos. Not memories about these mothers yet because they children are to small for that. All photos say the same about moternal's love.
Which one of those ladies is the most tender and loving moter I don't know because I don't know them so good as my own mum.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I think they are all loving, great mothers who seem devoted to their children. No exception.

I honestly don't see a difference among them in that area.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. It is highly improbable that any of them will appear non loving ,non caring, at least in public. All the children are beautiful and lovely and they all seem like loving mothers, connected to their children.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

As with all the previous members, I think they all seem tender and loving but, you can't tell a book by it's cover.

I remember an interview with Prince Charles, William and Harry and the boys were giving Dad hell in a really funny, tender and guy-kind of way and I remember being surprised because we were constantly being told that the BRF were neither warm nor demonstrative. It was in the papers, on the television, in all the tabloids, even at their mothers funeral and yet here was this little tableau played out in front of us. They were warm, witty, diabolically wicked and displayed the sort of closeness and love that no words can describe and cannot be faked for the cameras.

I always thought that Charles had gotten a bad rap but what a way to be proved right.

It is the same with any of the Crown Princesses. We only see them for a moment and it all looks good but I am betting that when CP Victoria has a child her parenting skills will receive an overwhelmingly negative review because we will all see her without her child more often than with by virtue of her status as Heir to the Throne and worse when she becomes Queen. Rather like Prince Charles in fact.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Serene Highness

It is difficult to judge which royal woman is the most loving mother, because we can see them only in pics. To say something about their attitude to children one has to live with them 24/7 and at least be a close neighbor or family friend. I guess each of them has different parenting style and they love their kids, of course in their own way.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 AM
Serene Highness

I think the thing that would kill me if I was a royal mother is the fact that no matter how hard you tr y, you will miss major milestone of your childs life and your children will become very close to their minders. I really can't imagine that any of these women would have children just so the royal name goes on to the next generation. They just have to parent different for their lifestyle and the committeeman to the crown.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

AS anyone thought about Princess Caroline? My vote's for her. She managed to raise 3 children all by herself under the circumnstances we all know and was brave enough to repeat te maternity experience at 42... Way to go MUM!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Serene Highness

It's easy to make assumptions based on what you see on photos, but I doubt we could ever really give substance to what we see since we don't know these people intimately to make any judgment.