Who Is The Most Professional Queen?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?

• Elizabeth II

Votes: 143 43.1%
  • Margrethe II

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • Beatrix

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • Sofia

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • Sonja

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Silvia

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Paola

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Rania

Votes: 24 7.2%
  • Anne-Marie

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other, please specify in post

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juanita

Royal Highness
City
Country
Portugal
Perhaps it's a difficult choice but...

Who is the most professional Queen?

Elizabeth of England

Margrethe of Denmark

Beatrix of Netherlands

Sofia of Spain

Sonja of Norway

Silvia of Sweden

Paola of Belgium

Anne-Marie of Greece (she isn't ruling but she has the title...)

Rania of Jordan

Other

All of the older ones are pros, I think, having lots of experience and having started the job when it was harder to do than today.

I think Queen Elizabeth because she handles everything that is thrown at her no matter what it is. Plus 50+ years as a monarch..how much more professional can you get?

I think it is fairly difficult to compare them, as the countries are different. In addition to that, Elizabeth, Margrethe and Beatrix as reigning queens have completely different positions than the others.

I would separate the Queen Regnants (or Monarchs) from the Queen Consorts. The two types of Queens play different roles.

Elizabeth, Beatrix, and Margrethe are very different queens but they reign over very different countries so they've adapted to what their country needs.

Of the Queen Consorts, I'd say I'm most impressed by the way that Sonja and Harald work as a team. They are seamless, that is part of what a good queen consort does. I see that also with Sofia and Juan Carlos of Spain.

norwegianne said:
I think it is fairly difficult to compare them, as the countries are different. In addition to that, Elizabeth, Margrethe and Beatrix as reigning queens have completely different positions than the others.
Of course they have different positions and responsibilities!! And we can't compare them, like you said! But i think that all of us have differents points of view, and i could think that queen elizabeth is the most professional (and i'm not saying if she is or not!) and you could think that Margrethe is most professional (and again i'm not saying that she is or not!) So we will always have different opinions! ;)

ysbel said:
I would separate the Queen Regnants (or Monarchs) from the Queen Consorts. The two types of Queens play different roles.

Elizabeth, Beatrix, and Margrethe are very different queens but they reign over very different countries so they've adapted to what their country needs.

Of the Queen Consorts, I'd say I'm most impressed by the way that Sonja and Harald work as a team. They are seamless, that is part of what a good queen consort does. I see that also with Sofia and Juan Carlos of Spain.
Yes!! You (moderators) can do that! And then we can "compare" them! ;)

If it's about Reigning Queens, then I suppose I have the first place given to HM Queen Elizabeth II, followed by HM Queen Margrethe II. Each of them represent the values of their country.
And I think Queen Rania of Jordan is the best Queen Consort.

Reigning Queen: Elizabeth II
Queen Consort: Sofia of Spain; it would be hard to find another Queen who has more activities than her (it probably works in case of every member of Spanish RF:))

I think it's a very difficult question! Who is the most professional queen? I don't know. All I know is that I see several very strong and great women who do a terrific job. I'm not really aware of the official duties (in and out of the spotlights) of all the queens, but I know that queen Beatrix is a real pro. She works very hard, knows what she is talking about and runs the monarchy like it's her own company. I surely do respect that very much...

When I think of professional I think of buisness like and to me Beatrix fits that description perfectly.

1- Elizabeth II.

For me, she always put Duty before personal life and she is very devoted to the Crown, Country and Church.

2 - Queen Rania.

She works very hard, she is an example to follow for women, and I simply like her inteligent way of talking about the different issues.

Last edited:
"Professional" to me implies hard-working, dedicated, selfless, dutiful, all words that to me describe Elizabeth II (also Margrethe but her role is somewhat different as others have pointed out). For the Consorts my choice is definitely Sofia, who came to Spain virtually unknown and has managed to do a lot to enhance the image and prestige of the Spanish RF while also helping with many causes on behalf of her subjects. I'm sure with time Rania and the other more "junior" members of royal families will achieve that status but for my vote it's EII and Sofia.:)

Queen Sofía of Spain, she has managed to create a foundation that helps a lot of people in the world without dismissing her royal duties as the King's consort

Queen Sofia.

Actually, I do believe they are all great queens. What makes me think of her as the "best" is -as I have posted on other boards before - that she has been Spain's best ambassador all over the world, is always ready to go wherever her presence is needed, she is always flawless and I do not think the other queens are so loved in foreign countries as Queen Sofia is loved on this side of the Atlantic.

I have not doubt most "subjects" love their queens and kings, princes and princesses and I do know most of them are truly admired worldwide, but Queen Sofia is not just admired, she is loved on this shores. Even King Juan Carlos, who is really admired, is not as loved as she is.

The thing is Queen Sofía has done many great things for the poor people in Latin America with her foundation and she comes to this part of the world a lot so people adores her, when she comes to my country is like the Beatles, airport and streets full of people; it also has to do with the historical bond between Spain and America

I vote HM Queen Elizabeth II because she always rules for over 50 plus years since she become crown as Queen i respect her and im admire her and many people never let her down like that because she nearly 80 years old

c
crisiñaki said:
The thing is Queen Sofía has done many great things for the poor people in Latin America with her foundation and she comes to this part of the world a lot so people adores her, when she comes to my country is like the Beatles, airport and streets full of people; it also has to do with the historical bond between Spain and America

Yes and no.Let me explain. Eventhough in our countries she makes people go to the streets like the Beatles on their heyday, the love she conveys is not "fan love", like the one late Princess Diana usually conveyed on her trips (don't get me wrong, I adore princess Diana, but people used to have those hysterical/frenzy reactions usually seeing with rock stars, or at least, that's what could sometimes be seen on the media) but true and deep love.

Yes, the Spain/America bond exists, but that is just not enough to explain the love people have for her, which, for what I have seen on the media, it is not response she only gathers here.

I do believe Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe, Queen Paola, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa have the same approach (my apologies, I am not that familiar with Queen Sonia and Queen Silvia although I believe they equal their "peers" approach, while it seems that protocol prevents Queen Elizabeth II to show a similar one but who is, without doubt, the most admired queen in the world) but the rest queens seem not to have such a response on foreign countries as Sofia does, even if those countries have a bond that matches the Spanish/American one, AFAIK.

I think Anne-Marie. Despite not being a reigning Queen for very long, she was much loved and she has amazing grace and elegance in exile. She's happy to just bob along with the tide and not be pushy or flashy.

It is difficult to compare queens. Each of them lives in country with different culture and their roles are different too. I voted for queen Elisabeth II. But I also admire Sofia of Spain and Rania of Jordan.

Beatrix of the Netherlands

Silvermj said:
c

Yes and no.Let me explain. Eventhough in our countries she makes people go to the streets like the Beatles on their heyday, the love she conveys is not "fan love", like the one late Princess Diana usually conveyed on her trips (don't get me wrong, I adore princess Diana, but people used to have those hysterical/frenzy reactions usually seeing with rock stars, or at least, that's what could sometimes be seen on the media) but true and deep love.

Yes, the Spain/America bond exists, but that is just not enough to explain the love people have for her, which, for what I have seen on the media, it is not response she only gathers here.

I do believe Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe, Queen Paola, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa have the same approach (my apologies, I am not that familiar with Queen Sonia and Queen Silvia although I believe they equal their "peers" approach, while it seems that protocol prevents Queen Elizabeth II to show a similar one but who is, without doubt, the most admired queen in the world) but the rest queens seem not to have such a response on foreign countries as Sofia does, even if those countries have a bond that matches the Spanish/American one, AFAIK.

What I was trying to explain with my Beatles remark is that she's incredibly popular and loved in our countries (since you are Latin American as well;) ) and has made an impact in the whole world, she's more known in this side of the world than many of our political representants.

And about the bond Spain/America, the thing is Queen Sofía lives in Spain and many of our cultural roots are from there so she's more able to relate and understand us latinamericans than any other queen (with the exception of Maxima when her time comes, let's hope it's looong time:D )

Hands down Queen Elizabeth II, not only has she been at it the longest, but she's completely dedicated her life to her position.

i also voted for queen elizabeth in first place. it's hard to beat her as she definetely shows elegance, savoir-faire in whatever she does. her protocolar skills are superb, thing that cant be said some other queens, and she definetely was made for being queen. the queen mum did a great job teaching her the skills to be the ruler of such a beautiful country.
i also think sofia and beatrix are great queens and go just behind. rania, in my opinion, will follow them soon, but she is a bit too young to compare her with the other queens, who have been in the role for a lot more years. she still needs to learn a lot but i'm sure she will be (one of) my favourite one in some years time, when the new generation rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom