The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?
Elizabeth II 125 41.39%
Margrethe II 32 10.60%
Beatrix 38 12.58%
Sofia 49 16.23%
Sonja 12 3.97%
Silvia 13 4.30%
Paola 3 0.99%
Rania 23 7.62%
Anne-Marie 3 0.99%
Other, please specify in post 4 1.32%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe all of the current queens are professionals.
All but two ( Sonja and Silvia) were born to reign and were taught early on the royal duties. Sonja had a few years as a crown princess to learn and Silvia just about one afternoon but they both proved to be professionals.
The changes will show when the next generation takes over

Old 12-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
Perhaps it's a difficult choice but...

Who is the most professional Queen?

Elizabeth of England

Margrethe of Denmark

Beatrix of Netherlands

Sofia of Spain

Sonja of Norway

Silvia of Sweden

Paola of Belgium

Anne-Marie of Greece (she isn't ruling but she has the title...)

Rania of Jordan

Other
isnt this poll kind of misleading... Most of these queens are consorts and NOT heads of state/ 2 diferrent positions, indeed

Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II, of course!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
isnt this poll kind of misleading... Most of these queens are consorts and NOT heads of state/ 2 diferrent positions, indeed
Totally right. However, they are all together because the point is representation. I mean, which of these queens is the best representative of her country
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 AM
Nobility

I'd agree with Regina with her comments about Queen Elizabeth II but I'd say that she should get rid of those silly gloves she likes to wear, especially in warm weather, and perhaps for her Diamond Jubilee wear something that makes her look regal, just as she did on her coronation day.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Nobility

I voted for Queen Margrethe ll of Denmark!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Majesty

Beatrix of The Netherlands was the most professional of all,with Margrethe II closely behind.E II is of a different league alltogether,she dates from the time and age that girls only were "trained" to keep conversations going on the hunt and the weather at Balmoral.Not her fault,that was how it was back then.Her job trained her,but the most professional,no.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Courtier

The most professional Queen IMO is the one who just focusses on her job as Queen, rather than distracting herself and rest of the world towards other issues like sentiment/drama/fashion etc.

I would say Sofia of Spain. She had to go through a lot of nonsense in family and marriage. But she puts it all behind just focussing on strengthening the institution of monarchy. That seems to be her only will, wish and desire in life. She never becomes a "cry baby" for not being "loved/taken care of"..
She is the real professional Queen..

If not for her I would have automatically gone for EII, but then she atleast hah an enormously supporting and immensely loyal contingent of husband, uncle, aunts, cousins right from beginning. And she inherited a very historic and comparitively very very stable set-up.. But Sofia seems a lone-fighter..
Old 09-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Gentry

Queen ELizabeth II of England
Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 AM
Royal Highness

Hmm, this is one of thise awkward questions that defies me because I can think of no reigning queen or queen consort who is not utterly professional.

It is very difficult to say that Queen Beatrix was more professional than Queen Elizabeth, just as much as it is not easy to say that Queen Elizabeth is more professional that Queen Beatrix - what elements of unprofessionalism do either of these queens have that makes one more professional that the other?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Royal Highness

Thinking about the question, I believe that there are many highly professional Queens and Consorts who do a great job at representing their country. At the moment I can´t think of anyone who is a complete disappointment or any lady who is unable to fulfill her duty.

Definitely highly professional at their job:
Beatrix from the Netherlands
Queen Sofia of Spain
Silvia of Sweden
& of course Queen Elizabeth II
They all present a great deal of discipline,dedication to serving their country and sound moral values. They have put the need of the nation in front of their own personal needs and they are vrey discreet and keep their private life private.

Mathilde of Belgium and Q.Maxima are quite new in the job, but I am sure they will be fulfilling their role with dignity and charme. They have always done a good work while still being CP & they are both highly educated and have a nice way of communicating with the people.

Queen Rania is great at doing public speeches-she is extremely smart,witty and eloquent.
Nevertheless I find her fashion is overshadowing her work...she is wearing so much European luxury brands,
her outfits are more talked about than her work and her visons for the country.
. Helen Keller
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
E II is of a different league alltogether,she dates from the time and age that girls only were "trained" to keep conversations going on the hunt and the weather at Balmoral.Not her fault,that was how it was back then.Her job trained her,but the most professional,no.
I strongly disagree and consider it an insult to QEII to say that she's just a girl who can keep a conversation going...
Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand the topic question...how could a Queen manage to be "unprofessional"? Be photographed flipping off a photographer or picking spinach from her teeth?

I think all of them, every one of them, is a credit to her country and does a difficult job wonderfully well. I cannot think of even one exception.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Is there any particular reason for not mentioning Empress Michiko, who is a true image of royalty, in the poll?
As for the professionalism, I fully share Moondmaiden23's opinion.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

I also have to say that this is an awkward question. Do you mean Queen Consort or Queen Regnant? Because there is a huge difference between these two IMO.
I like and respect all of the current European Queens. But IMO QEII and queen Sofia are very professional in their jobs.
About disapproving comments toward QEII, she is extremely good and educated for her job, she knows her job really well . She never gives her opinion in public and doesn't give interviews, which I think keeps her neutral and which helps to not make controversial.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Is there any particular reason for not mentioning Empress Michiko, who is a true image of royalty, in the poll?
As for the professionalism, I fully share Moondmaiden23's opinion.
Ah, but you see Michiko is an empress and not a queen - that's an entirely different question!
But yes, of-course Michiko should always be mentioned as her dedication is awe-inspiring given the strict lifestyle she lives under.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

I voted for Princess (still don't like calling her that) Beatrix because she had to do most of her duties alone, Prince Claus left her too soon, so she was left to guide her country and her family alone. I have always liked her style.
Again, like everyone else, Queen Elizabeth who has reigned the longest, has done a Great job, but she also had Prince Philip during her entire reign (I think thats an asset)
But seriously, its hard to pick between Beatrix, QEII, and Margrethe
Among the Regents: I would probably pick Sonja and Sofia
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Ah, but you see Michiko is an empress and not a queen - that's an entirely different question!
But yes, of-course Michiko should always be mentioned as her dedication is awe-inspiring given the strict lifestyle she lives under.
Absolutely agree yes!!The woman is the personification of dedication and style under not so easy circumstances.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't understand the topic question...how could a Queen manage to be "unprofessional"? Be photographed flipping off a photographer or picking spinach from her teeth?
Fortunately we have neither a definition nor an example for that, at present.
But a former would-be-Queen showed us what can be the heights of unprofessionalism..
Undermining the royal family , publicly humiliating her husband, doubting his ability to reign, washing the dirty linen in public, potraying herself as the lone savior of her country and even entire humanity, breaking down into tears at any moment etc etc..

Thanks to a timely divorce, we all had been spared the nightmare of watching all her theatrics in full force, had she become the Queen Consort. Maybe then we might have had a perfect example and definition of "unprofessional Queen"
Old 09-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be impossible to predict whether or not the would-be-queen would have done something embarrassing. The probability is not an exact concept. Speculations on this subject of the Windsor dirty tattle is a contentious topic.

I for one view Empress Michiko and Queen Saleha of Brunei as the most professional.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo