The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?
Elizabeth II 125 41.39%
Margrethe II 32 10.60%
Beatrix 38 12.58%
Sofia 49 16.23%
Sonja 12 3.97%
Silvia 13 4.30%
Paola 3 0.99%
Rania 23 7.62%
Anne-Marie 3 0.99%
Other, please specify in post 4 1.32%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

1. Queen Elizabeth II - the image of Royalty.. she seems to be the most professional Queen. I always get the feeling she was born as a Queen.
2. Queen Beatrix
3. Queen Margrethe II

The 3 head-of-states, the three reigning Queens, really look most professional to me.
Of course the other Queens are very professional, too.. but the 3 reigning Queens are still on the top of my list.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Elizabeth II, she's a real queen! very devoted and professional!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the most professional is Queen Elizabeth II. She is a wonderful queen!!
Old 04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth II !
Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA... View Post
Perhaps it's a difficult choice but...

Who is the most professional Queen?

Elizabeth of England

Margrethe of Denmark

Beatrix of Netherlands

Sofia of Spain

Sonja of Norway

Silvia of Sweden

Paola of Belgium

Anne-Marie of Greece (she isn't ruling but she has the title...)

Rania of Jordan

Other
I suppose those women are all professional in their own ways because their roles are somehow different from their counterparts. Our queen, as well as the Queen of Denmark and the Queen of the Netherlands are queens regnant that their offices are very different from other queens who are royal consorts. Each country has their own traditions, social preference, taste etc etc that it is rarher difficult to name who the most professional in this respect. In my opinion, they are doing very well in their own unique ways.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenissima View Post
I suppose those women are all professional in their own ways because their roles are somehow different from their counterparts. Our queen, as well as the Queen of Denmark and the Queen of the Netherlands are queens regnant that their offices are very different from other queens who are royal consorts. Each country has their own traditions, social preference, taste etc etc that it is rarher difficult to name who the most professional in this respect. In my opinion, they are doing very well in their own unique ways.
I completely agree. Comparing queens regnant with queen consorts is like comparing apples and oranges.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

A professional Queen? Not long ago someone said that to Queen Sofia and she answered that she was not a professional Queen, she was a Queen when she was in her mother´s womb. I really can´t remember where I read this but perhaps someone can.
As the daughter of a King she was certainly a wonderful choice for a the wife of a King.
I think she does a wonderful job and if there were such a thing as a professional Royal, well I would choose her.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Aristocracy

In my opinion the most professional queen would have to be Queen Anne Marie of Greece, purely because of everything that has happened to her and her family whenever she is called upon to perform a duty of some type she is always their with her smile ready for the public and the cameras that look towards her.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Beatrix
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Sofia
Queen Margrethe
Old 11-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
A professional Queen? Not long ago someone said that to Queen Sofia and she answered that she was not a professional Queen, she was a Queen when she was in her mother´s womb. I really can´t remember where I read this but perhaps someone can.
As the daughter of a King she was certainly a wonderful choice for a the wife of a King.
I think she does a wonderful job and if there were such a thing as a professional Royal, well I would choose her.
I agree with you, Sophia was my choice as Queen , yet I do see a difference between the consorts, monarchs and non reighning monarch (Anne Marie). QEII is probably the most proffesional monarch, Sophia most proffesional Consort, and Anne Marie the most proffesional non reigning queen.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I totally concur, Serenissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl View Post
Comparing queens regnant with queen consorts is like comparing apples and oranges.
You are absolutly right, Politikgirl

And comparing queens regnant, queen consorts and non reigning queens consorts to one another is like comparing apples to oranges and oranges to pears.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Nobility

Certainly one cannot compare reigning queens to consorts and I am duty bound to say QE2 but I have to say I like Sophia of Spain for the right woman in the right country at the right time her husband made a smart choice there
Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 AM
Nobility

I voted for Queen Elizabeth II. They are all good Queens IMO, but I think that Queen Elizabeth is more in the press and more "out there" at least here in the US. (by "out there" I don't mean odd, I mean more in the public eye)

We here in the US don't really hear of other queens

Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course, Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Majesty

a bit of a tribute to some of the queens
from youtube
Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think that it would be an impossible decision to make.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
a bit of a tribute to some of the queens
from youtube
Thank you . . that was wonderful!

Needless to say I voted for Queen Elizabeth II as she is my queen and has never once wavered since she became queen. She made a vow to all her subjects and she has never backed down, which brings me to Consorts.

He may not be King but he is a Royal Prince and the Duke of Edinborough is the most hardworking and supportive consort any monarch could wish for. When you take his nature into account it really is an achievement that he hasn't bowed or broken with the stress.
STRESS IS A PSYCHO-PHYSIOLOGIC AROUSAL RESPONSE OCCURRING IN THE BODY AS A RESULT OF A STIMULUS WHICH BECOMES A "STRESSOR" BY VIRTUE OF THE COGNITIVE INTERPRETATION OF THE INDIVIDUAL. ( Everly, G.S., and Rosenfeld, R., The Nature And Treatment Of The Stress Response, pp. 4-5.)
Or in plainspeak: Stress is created when one's mind overrides the body's basic dersire to choke the living daylights out of some jerk who desperatedly deserves it!!

And I am betting that over the last 60 odd years there have been more than a few really deserving candidates!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Serene Highness

I chose QEII.If I could choose more than one,I would say Q.Margrethe and Q.Sofia.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

It is of course Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Fabiola of Belgium.She is kind and good,a marvellous person and she was a marvellous Queen.