The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?
Elizabeth II 125 41.39%
Margrethe II 32 10.60%
Beatrix 38 12.58%
Sofia 49 16.23%
Sonja 12 3.97%
Silvia 13 4.30%
Paola 3 0.99%
Rania 23 7.62%
Anne-Marie 3 0.99%
Other, please specify in post 4 1.32%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
Every country has citizens that obviously admire their own monarchs but I can't see any comparision between being a queen of a small country and that of the largest monarchy in the world.
Japan is the largest monarchy in the world with over 130million people. As you say the Commonwealth is 16 monarchies but at least 4 of those have their own monarch and some member countries are republics so you can't count it as one monarchy.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would say Queen Elizabeth II. She lives and breathes the job.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy

Considering the head start she has in years as Queen, there would be something very wrong if it were not Elizabeth II.

In all the years she has been Queen I do not think she has ever put a foot wrong once.

May she reign for a few more years yet.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Japan is the largest monarchy in the world with over 130million people. As you say the Commonwealth is 16 monarchies but at least 4 of those have their own monarch and some member countries are republics so you can't count it as one monarchy.
The Commonwealth has 53 member states of which 16 are sovereign nations and their Queen is Elizabeth. The combined population of the sovereign states is about the same as Japan- both just under 130 million. So, I don't understand your point. Elizabeth deals with her 16 sovereign nations and still has plenty of contact with the other 37 states. Japan has er, Japan- oops only one country.The British Monarch is the hardest working and a fine example for all royals everywhere.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Rania of Jordan
Old 12-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Aristocracy

Elizabeth II for heaven sake... she's a queen for more than 50 years... but I also think Rania is a very professional as a queen...
Old 12-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
The Commonwealth has 53 member states of which 16 are sovereign nations and their Queen is Elizabeth. The combined population of the sovereign states is about the same as Japan- both just under 130 million. So, I don't understand your point. Elizabeth deals with her 16 sovereign nations and still has plenty of contact with the other 37 states. Japan has er, Japan- oops only one country.The British Monarch is the hardest working and a fine example for all royals everywhere.
The point I was making is that the commonwealth is not one monarchy. Of the commonwealth countries that are monarchies some have their own monarch and the remainder share the same monarch but are seperate countries and cannot be regarded as one monarchy. As for Japan, what difference does it make if it is only one country?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
The point I was making is that the commonwealth is not one monarchy. Of the commonwealth countries that are monarchies some have their own monarch and the remainder share the same monarch but are seperate countries and cannot be regarded as one monarchy. As for Japan, what difference does it make if it is only one country?
Perhaps it depends on the Monarch's state of mind. (As soon as I typed that I thought of insantiy, but that's not what I meant! lol)

From different biographies that I have read QEII seems to think about the UK and her Commenwealth as "one big family" So perhaps she kinda views it as one large monarchy, with many "sub families" I'm not claiming that I know what she thinks, I'm just saying that I got that impression from her biographies. Usually though, her biographies are more about political history than about her personally.....but I digress.

Maybe that fact that they are all seperate countries might make the job more difficult. I mean, you would have to keep up on all the different customs of your people in all of those countries. So in comparison, the fact that Japan is only one country might, in a way, make things less complicated. Japan definitly has a definitive culture. The Commonwealth has many cultures, and each seems to be important to HM QEII.......

Has my post made sense or is it excruciatingly confusing?

~QM
Old 12-06-2006, 06:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMaharet
Has my post made sense or is it excruciatingly confusing?

~QM
Yes it does make sense and you're correct about the different cultures. In Britain there are six nations, Scots, English, Welsh, Irish, Manx and Cornish, each with their own culture and traditions. Add the other commonwealth countries to that and it is some mixture.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
I think your post is confusing.
There are 16 sovereign nations who only have Queen Elizabeth as Head of State; there are 31 Commonwealth members who have their own Head of State and there are 6 nations who have their own monarchies and Head of State but are members of the Commonwealth. There is no nation that has the Queen as Head of State, and that is what a monarch is, and has their own monarchy. Queen Elizabeth is Head of State of 16 countries and none of these have other monarchies.
A Head of State has to deal with many things and being Head of State of one country- that is less work that being Head of State of 16 countries.
She still has Commonwealth work for the other 37 countries to deal with- work which no other monarch has.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Nobility

I know this seems petty, but the term 'Head of State' is a diplomatic one, which evolved from the early 19th century to refer to non-monarchs who were the symbolic or temporal head of their nation (presidents). Thus Her Majesty is our Sovereign.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Commoner

its queen sofia because she is so passionate and loving...she had helped many other people thru her foundation!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Commoner

Queen Sofia of Spain and Queen Elisabeth II of the United Kingdom
Old 12-31-2006, 04:31 PM
Gentry

I'd have to say Queen Elizabeth of England.........Especially after the death of her mother and sister a few years ago she kept right on going and kept up her 'obligations'. Her stamina at 80 yrs. old is unbelievable. For good or bad (in her personal life, I mean) her devotion to her country and duty is unmatched. She has truly sacrificed for her status.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Commoner

I definatley have to say the most professional Queen is

Queen Elizabeth II

followed very closely by

Queen Sofia
Queen Silvia
Queen Beatrix

The least professional Queen is Paola!....(IMO)
Old 01-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

IMO there is a difference in the role of a queen as Queen Beatrix and a queen as Queen Sofia. Qeen Beatrix is a head of state and has to present herself like that. Queen Sofia is the woman beside King Juan Carlos, the head of state. So she has a slightly different role.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:45 PM
Majesty

how often does the different queens give intervjues by them self. More like long intervjues. Them talking about their lices or on a special subject.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

it has to be Queen Elizabeth because she has remained loyal and devoted to her country despite turmoil within her family. she has stuck through abuse and bad media from all the press and despite this has served her country as queen for over 50 years and many more years before this - remember her 21st bday address saying she would devote her whole life whether it be long or short to serving her people in the UK and the commonwealth well she has certainly done this with professionalism. Many lessons for the young royals to learn from queen elizabeth

Old 02-24-2007, 02:32 AM
Royal Highness

Queen

Sofia
Beatrix
Margerethe
Old 09-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

I think they all professional

1: I love the work and effort Queen Paola puts in "Child Focus" to help childern, and in her foundation. She is a woman who does not like to be the center of attention, but behind the scenes she works verry hard
2:I find queen Beatrix a hard working woman who knows what she wants
3: Queen Rania is an example for woman all over the world, she is harworking, intelligent