The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?
Elizabeth II 125 41.39%
Margrethe II 32 10.60%
Beatrix 38 12.58%
Sofia 49 16.23%
Sonja 12 3.97%
Silvia 13 4.30%
Paola 3 0.99%
Rania 23 7.62%
Anne-Marie 3 0.99%
Other, please specify in post 4 1.32%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Commoner

for me absolutly Queen Rania!!

Old 10-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI
That is an impossible question, because you would have to know how well each of them fill out their role in their society.
Exactly MargreteI! If I should vote in this one I would have to vote for the only one I would really know anything about - which is my own queen, Margrethe II (***which would of course also be an excellent choice...****)

Old 10-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamaria
But when I hear or read the word "Queen" the person I automatically think of is QEII. Also, I have noticed that the media most often refers to her with the simple word Queen, while with all the others, including Margarethe and Beatrix, the first name is added as an examplatory bit of sorts .
I think that depends which media make the reference; in the monarchy where I live, the queen is always our own queen, Margrethe II. I would expect the same goes for the Dutch, Swedes, Norwegians etc. While I don't want to underestimate the significance of QEII, there are three queens in Scandinavia alone, and I think the Scandinavian queens have a more prominent place in the media in this region than QEII so where I live, she is always referred to as QMII of England in the same way that reference is made to queen Silvia of Sweden, queen Sonja of Norway, etc.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Nobility

I'm sorry, but a lady in a tiara should not be dragging on a cigarette or let it dangle from her expensively lipsticked mouth...I won't mention names...
Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry?? Are you referring to QMII since I just mentioned her (and since you mention a cigarette...).
Does smoking have anything to do with how a person does his or her job? Granted, it can be a nasty personal habit but apart from that....??
Old 10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Let's stick to the topic- the most professional Queen. All of these Queen's (with the exception of Rania) are of a different generation and to younger generations things that may be "taboo" or scandalous now were perfectly acceptable just a few years ago.

Thank you

Royal Chit Chat Moderators

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 10-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

Queen Sofia of Spain
Old 10-31-2006, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Undoubtedly QEII, as much as I admire some of the other Monarchs, not one of them has the same level of respect or experience.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

As Queen of 16 realms with 130 million people and Head of the Commonwealth with over a billion people I don't think any other monarch has the work Queen Elizabeth has. She has constitutional work to do - every day she has to deal with official papers from all her realms and has meetings every week with her Prime Minister. Harold Wilson explained succintly how good a monarch she is- he was shocked about his lack of information that she expected him to discuss with her so he spent several hours each week after that first visit to ensure his ability to deal with the political and constitutional discussion.

She has been Queen for nearly 55 years and has given birth to 4 children also- 2 whilst being a reigning monarch. Every country has citizens that obviously admire their own monarchs but I can't see any comparision between being a queen of a small country and that of the largest monarchy in the world.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Rania al Abdallah of Jordan, by some posters labelled as 'the most professional Queen' (unfortunately without valid and backing arguments to state it) has made by far the poorest performance I have ever seen on a state visit, no matter it was by a Queen or a First Lady.

These days we can see a lot of pictures and images in the media on the Jordanian royal couple. It is that the reporter says that the skinny long-haired lady with the trousers and the shopping bag really was The Queen of Jordan. I would not have believed it otherwise.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
Queen Rania al Abdallah of Jordan, by some posters labelled as 'the most professional Queen' (unfortunately without valid and backing arguments to state it) has made by far the poorest performance I have ever seen on a state visit, no matter it was by a Queen or a First Lady.

These days we can see a lot of pictures and images in the media on the Jordanian royal couple. It is that the reporter says that the skinny long-haired lady with the trousers and the shopping bag really was The Queen of Jordan. I would not have believed it otherwise.

Henri, she was on a CNN discussion programme with other famous guests including Bill Clinton just recently and she was amazing- so articulate; no problems with her speech- no mumbling, poor syntax or grammar even in her second language and her opinions were very valid and intelligent too. Hence I can see why some would want to vote for her
Old 10-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
Henri, she was on a CNN discussion programme with other famous guests including Bill Clinton just recently and she was amazing- so articulate; no problems with her speech- no mumbling, poor syntax or grammar even in her second language and her opinions were very valid and intelligent too. Hence I can see why some would want to vote for her
Then we need a definition of 'a professional Queen'.

I see people nominating her 'because she is always so gentle and sweet' or 'because she is always so well-dressed'. In my option a professional Queen manages the businesses and the properties of the House, gives outlines to the Household (in Queen Beatrix' case some 800 persons, in Queen Elizabeth's case probably more), is sharp on an impeccable and smooth functioning of state occasions, enforces all her (political) privileges to be respected to the maximum.

Queen Rania. No. I'm sorry.
Nice puppet. Good figure for the catwalk.
No Queen.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I see people nominating her 'because she is always so gentle and sweet' or 'because she is always so well-dressed'. In my option a professional Queen manages the businesses and the properties of the House, gives outlines to the Household (in Queen Beatrix' case some 800 persons, in Queen Elizabeth's case probably more), is sharp on an impeccable and smooth functioning of state occasions, enforces all her (political) privileges to be respected to the maximum.

No Queen.
It is important to remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You don't have to agree with it...just respect their right to Have it.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to agree with Henri M I always think that she Behaves like Celebrity not a queen.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia
I have to agree with Henri M I always think that she Behaves like Celebrity not a queen.
And that's the best thing about the forum...you and Henri are entitled to your opinion...just as Juliana is to hers.

I think the term "professional" is subjective and I loathe to compare the Queens (just my personal opinion) because its really apples and oranges and all royal households operate differently.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Sofia of Spain
Old 11-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:

No Queen.
Her showing up for the state visit in the Netherlands despite her pains by her broken ankle indicates professionalism.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98
Her showing up for the state visit in the Netherlands despite her pains by her broken ankle indicates professionalism.
Exactly! It's easy to criticise her wardobe/appearance on this trip and personally I don't think she looks half as bad as some people are making out but at least she turned up.

She could have very easily skipped it and stayed at home allowing her husband to take centre stage but she didn't. That demonstrates a great deal of professionalism and commitment to her role, imo.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
I'm sorry, but a lady in a tiara should not be dragging on a cigarette or let it dangle from her expensively lipsticked mouth...I won't mention names...
From recent reports, we won't see anymore QMII smoking in public. Much more professional IMHO.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Courtier

I have to say that all the queens are impressive, devoted to their duty and their people. They're all real role models!