The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who do you think is the "most professional" queen, and why?
Elizabeth II 125 41.39%
Margrethe II 32 10.60%
Beatrix 38 12.58%
Sofia 49 16.23%
Sonja 12 3.97%
Silvia 13 4.30%
Paola 3 0.99%
Rania 23 7.62%
Anne-Marie 3 0.99%
Other, please specify in post 4 1.32%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I vote HM Queen Elizabeth II because she always rules for over 50 plus years since she become crown as Queen i respect her and im admire her and many people never let her down like that because she nearly 80 years old

Old 01-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Gentry

c
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
The thing is Queen Sofía has done many great things for the poor people in Latin America with her foundation and she comes to this part of the world a lot so people adores her, when she comes to my country is like the Beatles, airport and streets full of people; it also has to do with the historical bond between Spain and America
Yes and no.Let me explain. Eventhough in our countries she makes people go to the streets like the Beatles on their heyday, the love she conveys is not "fan love", like the one late Princess Diana usually conveyed on her trips (don't get me wrong, I adore princess Diana, but people used to have those hysterical/frenzy reactions usually seeing with rock stars, or at least, that's what could sometimes be seen on the media) but true and deep love.

Yes, the Spain/America bond exists, but that is just not enough to explain the love people have for her, which, for what I have seen on the media, it is not response she only gathers here.

I do believe Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe, Queen Paola, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa have the same approach (my apologies, I am not that familiar with Queen Sonia and Queen Silvia although I believe they equal their "peers" approach, while it seems that protocol prevents Queen Elizabeth II to show a similar one but who is, without doubt, the most admired queen in the world) but the rest queens seem not to have such a response on foreign countries as Sofia does, even if those countries have a bond that matches the Spanish/American one, AFAIK.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:08 PM

I think Anne-Marie. Despite not being a reigning Queen for very long, she was much loved and she has amazing grace and elegance in exile. She's happy to just bob along with the tide and not be pushy or flashy.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

It is difficult to compare queens. Each of them lives in country with different culture and their roles are different too. I voted for queen Elisabeth II. But I also admire Sofia of Spain and Rania of Jordan.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Beatrix of the Netherlands
Old 01-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermj
c

Yes and no.Let me explain. Eventhough in our countries she makes people go to the streets like the Beatles on their heyday, the love she conveys is not "fan love", like the one late Princess Diana usually conveyed on her trips (don't get me wrong, I adore princess Diana, but people used to have those hysterical/frenzy reactions usually seeing with rock stars, or at least, that's what could sometimes be seen on the media) but true and deep love.

Yes, the Spain/America bond exists, but that is just not enough to explain the love people have for her, which, for what I have seen on the media, it is not response she only gathers here.

I do believe Queen Beatrix, Queen Margrethe, Queen Paola, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa have the same approach (my apologies, I am not that familiar with Queen Sonia and Queen Silvia although I believe they equal their "peers" approach, while it seems that protocol prevents Queen Elizabeth II to show a similar one but who is, without doubt, the most admired queen in the world) but the rest queens seem not to have such a response on foreign countries as Sofia does, even if those countries have a bond that matches the Spanish/American one, AFAIK.
What I was trying to explain with my Beatles remark is that she's incredibly popular and loved in our countries (since you are Latin American as well ) and has made an impact in the whole world, she's more known in this side of the world than many of our political representants.

And about the bond Spain/America, the thing is Queen Sofía lives in Spain and many of our cultural roots are from there so she's more able to relate and understand us latinamericans than any other queen (with the exception of Maxima when her time comes, let's hope it's looong time )
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Hands down Queen Elizabeth II, not only has she been at it the longest, but she's completely dedicated her life to her position.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

Elizabeth II and Sofia of Spain.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

i also voted for queen elizabeth in first place. it's hard to beat her as she definetely shows elegance, savoir-faire in whatever she does. her protocolar skills are superb, thing that cant be said some other queens, and she definetely was made for being queen. the queen mum did a great job teaching her the skills to be the ruler of such a beautiful country.
i also think sofia and beatrix are great queens and go just behind. rania, in my opinion, will follow them soon, but she is a bit too young to compare her with the other queens, who have been in the role for a lot more years. she still needs to learn a lot but i'm sure she will be (one of) my favourite one in some years time, when the new generation rules.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Aiieee... I have problem to choose just only one of them...
Old 01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Sofia of Spain. She is in everywhere! Most of queens doesn´t travel so often or go to many duties but she does. by the way she helps lots of people with her foundation.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Courtier

I voted for Queen Sofia. She does a great job in every senses!!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Nobility

Sonja, the best queen of all . She was not born into this world and is doing a great job !:)
Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Nobility

Smile

I think both Sofia and Beatrix are very professional queens.
Sofia in the role as "consort".(IMHO)
Beatrix is involved in everything from politics to opening a museum.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Ofcourse you have to separate the Queen regents and Queen consorts. but i have voted for Queen Silvia of Sweden. She is an fantastic good queen and she have really been taken to the hearts of the Swedish people, and I often think that it´s her who is the one who is born as royal and not the king beacause she is so much more professional. Ofcourse she is not as known outside of Sweden as for instance Sofia or Elisabeth beacuse of the Size and importance of Sweden, wich is not that high.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

In terms of reigning queens, my first choice would be Queen Elizabeth II; however, I think highly of the other reigning queens. My reasoning for QEII being my first pick is because of the many years of devotion she has given her country and for how well she has balanced changing times with tradition and protocol. In addition, she is Queen of many countries and IMO seems to keep abreast of issues, etc. facing those countries. Also, despite the fact she may not be as down-to-earth as some other Queens, one is able to see that she is a conscientious, spiritual, and modest woman who tries to do right for her Commonwealth.

In terms of Queen Consorts, I would say Queen Sofia is my first choice (although I have no criticisms of the other Queen Consorts). Queen Sofia is hard-working and appears very supportive of her husband, her children and grandchildren. She also seems to connect really well with people and has seems to have a gentle way about her.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

Margrethe II of Denmark
Elizabeth II of England
Old 02-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

I think QE2 is just great!!

I think when King Hussein was alive Q Noor was also very professional.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Courtier

I think that Queen Margrethe of Denmark is the queen of all the queens :)

Old 02-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

So far for reigning queens Elizabeth II is winning, while for consort queens the one ahead is Sofía:)
Go Sofía