Who is the most professional Crown Princess?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the most professional crown princess?

• Victoria of Sweden

Votes: 128 29.3%
  • Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 18 4.1%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 84 19.2%
  • Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 68 15.6%
  • Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 48 11.0%
  • Letizia of Spain

Votes: 75 17.2%
  • The Duchess of Cornwall

Votes: 15 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria has only herself to worry about. She doesn't have to juggle her career with a husband or family so I would think that she can't help but do a good job.

Victoria has only herself to worry about. She doesn't have to juggle her career with a husband or family so I would think that she can't help but do a good job.

i don't think that takes away merit from her though. it's in fact and in my opinion the complete opposite. while she would be able to stay at home looking after her children or taking time off if she did have a family, now she can't and for her there's no excuse to attend events or represent sweden abroad. besides, victoria does an excellent job already and her position as princess and future regent in her own right makes her have an "upper status" among the other princesses. as queen elizabeth more than once said, her life is from britain and britain should always be her main priority.

for me princess laetizia
I like her way to be, her calm, her intelligent way to intgrate royal family

For me, professionality is the amount of "serious" work a Crown Princess does (on her own), the responsibilities and duties she has (for herself) and the respect and acceptance that go with it.

From that perspective my Top 3 are

Victoria of Sweden
Maxima of Netherlands
Mathilde of Belgium

MM & Mary cannot keep up with the workload of these 3, I would say, and Letizia does almost nothing herself. Didn't want to compare the Dutchess of Cornwall with the other Ladies as she's a different generation - but her workload is huge, of course.

Victoria - she has never given me the impression that she wished she was somewhere else or someone else when she's on the job.

She will make a wonderful Queen for Sweden. :p

I agree, she is #One

1. Mathilde of Belgium
2. Victoria of Sweden
3. Mette-Marit of Norway
4. Maxima of Netherlands
5. Letizia of Spain
6. Mary of Denmark

Which of these Crownprincesses have personal secretary/assistants or Ladies in waiting? That must be a little factor too in how they interact with people and carry out their duties. Does all of them have ladies in waiting? Or some might be alone and has innate professionalism to carry out the duties professionally as well.

Which of these Crownprincesses have personal secretary/assistants or Ladies in waiting? That must be a little factor too in how they interact with people and carry out their duties. Does all of them have ladies in waiting? Or some might be alone and has innate professionalism to carry out the duties professionally as well.
All crown princesses has ladies / lady - in waiting and private secretaries / secretary.

No, the Dutch crownprincess doesn´t have a lady in waiting of her own, she sometimes ´borrows´ one of her mother-in-law. Likewise I have never heard about a lady-in-waiting for the Belgian CPss and in Spain even the Queen doesn´t have a lady-in-waiting, so Letizia surely doesn´t have one either. Don´t know about Mette-Marit, Victoria and the Duchess of Cornwall though. Mary does have her own ladies.
I guess they all have private secretaries, or depending how the court is organized, they share one (or more) with their spouse.

I voted for Maxima but Mathilde came in a very close second. My classifcation comes from how they react to the people. When I watch video's of them they always seem to make everyone feel special and that they are interested in hearing what they have to say. They work hard for their family and country while successfully juggling busy households aswell

Don´t know about Mette-Marit, Victoria and the Duchess of Cornwall though.

Victoria has gotten female Aide-de-camps instead of a lady-in-waiting some years ago.
Of course Victoria is the most professional crown princess. She knows the game from the beginning. She can´t remember a life as one of many. She can´t be "kicked out" by a divorce. The ppl love her, because they are still having cute baby Victoria in their hearts.
This means a completely different self-conception than the other princesses and this shows.
That´s why it would be interesting to see the result of a poll without her. Here many felt obliged to vote her, just as one would feel obliged to vote the ueber-perfect longtime Queen Elizabeth II as most professional queen.

Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium is the perfect crown princess.
But i think, that she's sometimes a little bit to perfect.

I don't think of it so much in terms of who is the most professional because I don't think any of them are bad at their job or position it's more for me who impresses me the most and in fact they all do to some degree.

It's true that Mette-Marit,Letizia and Masako for various reasons are more low-key. and do more joint apperences then solo ones.Masako has awful pressures on her that play into her limited public role.I think they have to contend with the fact that if they are very high profile they may be seen as trying to outshine the women that already the Queen Consorts who also happen to be their mothers-in-law they can't be seen as trying outshine them.Mathilda has to contend with this but given her background that gave her an understanding of what would be expected of her and how it was done she has been able to handle all her roles with seemless grace and istictive knowledge to do jsut the right thing.
The Duchess of Cornwall is also rather low-key,she lacks a dynamic public persona I think she is doing well but she dose not really stand out to me.
I think it's interesting that Mary and Maxima are often seen as the most dynamic and charismatic of the group and that both have a certain star quality not all that different from Princess' Diana,Grace and Caroline I tend to agree with this but I think it's also because they are not in hampered by the postions their mothers-in-law hold since Margarethe and Beatrix are reigning not consort Queens.Given that Maxima and Mary had to contend with a different culture and way of life and launguage an both have worked on this and helping their new countries while being wives and mothers I think they impress me the most at this pont.I voted for Mary because of her interest in mental health problems and her aiding those most left out of society with the founding of The Mary Foundation but Maxima is right there too.
I also admire Mette-Meirt and Letiza for adapting to their families and countries needs and giving respect for the postions of their mothers-in-law.:)

As another poster said, this is a very tricky question because the definition of
Crown Princess varies from country to country. Princess Caroline duties are different from CP Victoria, whose duties are different from Letizia and Maxima.

If you are referring the wives of current Crown Princesses, I admire CP Mathilde of Belgium as the most "professional". She has the perfect balance of warmth and poise, as well as the "regal" aura about her that I like to see in a Royal Princess. My personal preference is that a Princess behave like a Princess and yet keep a certain warmth and accessibility as well. I think Mathilde does that very well.

The duties are different so are the expectations I put Victoria and Caroline in a different catagory from the CP who marry into it or the princess who are daughters of the soverign-Anne of the UK or Madeleine of Sweeden for example all require a different standard.

-Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
-Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium
-Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
-Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands
-Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
-Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway

I would say Victoria and Mathilde

As another poster said, this is a very tricky question because the definition of
Crown Princess varies from country to country. Princess Caroline's duties are different from CP Victoria, whose duties are different from Letizia and Maxima.

If you are referring the wives of current Crown Princes, I admire CP Mathilde of Belgium as the most "professional". She has the perfect balance of warmth and poise, as well as the "regal" aura about her that I like to see in a Royal Princess. My personal preference is that a Princess behave like a Princess and yet keep a certain warmth and accessibility as well. I think Mathilde does that very well.

*edited to correct errors in text*

I don't feel in a position where I can decide about the most professional of them. First you should know how the most proffesional princess looks like . . . duteous, intelligent, a good mother, beautiful?
I think they all do a great job.
I don't know. I voted for Mette Marit . . . can't explain why. It's only a feeling.

I vote for CP Victoria (i can agee that she dont belong here)
followd by CP Mathilde

1. Crown Princess Mary
2. Crown Princess Mathilde
3. Crown Princess Maxima

Dear all, i'll prefer The Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei. She's young, dinamic and even beautiful! Owh, what a PREFECT! Flowless..!!! Am i right? :)

Letizia of Spain
Victoria of Sweden
Maxima of the Netherlands

Mathilde of Belgium

I don't have any concrete reason for my choice. I guess Mathilde just seems so relaxed in the photos I've seen of her. Not uncomfortable in any of the different situations.

No doubt in my mind it has to be Victoria of Sweden.
She was raised as such, trained and worked at it since a very young age.
The ladies who were married into the position are trying to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom