The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am shocked shocked I tell you that no one picked Maxima!

Maxima came and conquered a new country, is very popular, appears to have a loving relationship with her husband and daughters (as well as Queen Beatrix) and is commited to her UN position as well as her position as Crown Princess.

I definitely agree that everyone's opinion is objective...but its Maxima for me.

Well, that would go for CPesses Mary or Mette-Marit (apart from coming to a foreign country), too!
And the fact that no one "voted" fo her before you doesn´t mean she´s not interesting. But this thread is called "the MOST INTERESTING royal", not "one of the interesting royals"...

Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am shocked shocked I tell you that no one picked Maxima!

Maxima came and conquered a new country, is very popular, appears to have a loving relationship with her husband and daughters (as well as Queen Beatrix) and is commited to her UN position as well as her position as Crown Princess.

I definitely agree that everyone's opinion is objective...but its Maxima for me.
Maxima may be popular in the Netherlands or Argentina and among royal watchers, but she doesn't attract international attention (or at least, she hasn't attracted yet). That's why I thought this could be Rania or William. I have to add, though, the term 'interesting' is indeed a bit indefinite or 'hazy', if you like.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Maxima may be popular in the Netherlands or Argentina and among royal watchers, but she doesn't attract international attention (or at least, she hasn't attracted yet). That's why I thought this could be Rania or William. I have to add, though, the term 'interesting' is indeed a bit indefinite or 'hazy', if you like.
I wouldn't know about Rania were it not for this forum.
I think each royal is interesting to each country.
Prince William might be the one more "worldwidely" known, but i wouldn't call him interesting. IMO he's known for being Diana's son.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

I really got my attention three princess. CP Maxima, CP Mary and CP Mette-Marit and their families
Old 02-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I wouldn't know about Rania were it not for this forum.
I think each royal is interesting to each country.
Prince William might be the one more "worldwidely" known, but i wouldn't call him interesting. IMO he's known for being Diana's son.
I never found William interesting either. I thought the question was about the royal that people worldwidely find very interesting.

'Who is the most interesting royal right now?' Not a personal question. For example, it doesn't matter who we have most heard of, just what's going on out there, which royal attracts the international media these days (whether it's because of his/her humanitarian work, charities, fashion choices, relationships/affairs etc.).
Old 02-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Well, that would go for CPesses Mary or Mette-Marit (apart from coming to a foreign country), too!
And the fact that no one "voted" fo her before you doesn´t mean she´s not interesting. But this thread is called "the MOST INTERESTING royal", not "one of the interesting royals"...
I stand by my statement, as I said...saying someone is most interesting is an objective statement. Anyone can pick someone who is well known in their country, dresses the best, comes from the most well known monarchy, gets the most magazine covers, etc. What is obviously most interesting to you may not be most intresting to me or someone else.

And based on the the United Nations asking for her to assist in Microfinance, when she could just be a figurehead on any particular program. I would hazard a guess that they think Maxima is interesting as well.

With that being said, Maxima is MOST interesting to me. Just as I would respect your choice as its your choice, I don't think its out of line to ask you to respect my opinion as well.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Courtier

With that being said, Maxima is MOST interesting to me. Just as I would respect your choice as its your choice, I don't think its out of line to ask you to respect my opinion as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on! No one disrespected anyone. No reason to feel offended....
Old 02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm also a great admirer of Princess Haya bint Al Hussein of Jordan, the Sheikha of Dubai (: She is just wonderful!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I stand by my statement, as I said...saying someone is most interesting is an objective statement. Anyone can pick someone who is well known in their country, dresses the best, comes from the most well known monarchy, gets the most magazine covers, etc. What is obviously most interesting to you may not be most intresting to me or someone else.

And based on the the United Nations asking for her to assist in Microfinance, when she could just be a figurehead on any particular program. I would hazard a guess that they think Maxima is interesting as well.

With that being said, Maxima is MOST interesting to me. Just as I would respect your choice as its your choice, I don't think its out of line to ask you to respect my opinion as well.
I agree,Máxima IS the most engaged in matters not just concerning fashion or her own square mile in Holland,the Lady has a large variety of global interests and is a keen and respected global advocate in any of her causes.She IS the "hostest with the mostest" in "her field",no doubt,and not just because she's "ours" ,she is just top.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Maxima
Queen Noor
Prince Harry
Old 02-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Gentry

I would say Prince Carl-Philip because of his new girlfriend and of course Crownprincess Victoria for her wedding.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd say CP Maxima and Queen Rania. They are interesting to me because of the work they are doing in and out of their respective countries.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

I´m interested in:
1. Princess Letizia, because of her personality and charisma and her progress in her work as a princess
2. Crown princess Victoria, because of her work, the upcoming wedding and a beautiful love story with Daniel Westling
3. Prince William, because of his charisma and progress in his work as a prince
Old 02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Nobility

At the moment the most interesting for me is CP Victoria of Sweden due to her engagement and her wedding coming up in June and everything involved with that eg the recent photos released etc

Once the wedding happens we will then also start on waiting for a baby!!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Gentry

for me or for the others? because for me the most interesting are the greek royals and from them i could say nicolas and tatiana because of their wedding that's coming in summer.

gregory
Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Courtier

For me the most interesting royals are generally the spouses of the royals, because more and more these days, royals marry non-royals...Here is my list of three:

1. Mette-Marit - how amazing that a (young) single mother with various other issues (drugs?) managed to marry a prince...and WOW what a revelation, she is fantastic!...And I guess I admire Haakon for taking a woman like that on and how he loves and supports his stepson Marius is very admirable...

2. Mary - just because she is Australian and I am Australian, I am about the same age as her, I also lived in Sydney in 2000, and I was single...So I guess I am living vicarously through her...What if it had been ME in that pub in the Rocks on that day at that particular time...If only?

3. The Greek Royal family - the fact that they were ousted from Greece almost 40 years ago...live in various other places in the world, the US and UK, make a big deal or and effort to 'speak Greek at home with each other'...and for the most part I think the Greek people don't want them back...but they still carry on with what is basically a facade...Because isn't being the sovereign of a state, having a state? If they are not in Greece, they are not really Royal because they are not ruling over anyone? They are perplexing, fascinating and intriguing...

Tags
letizia, raina