The Most Handsome Prince?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastair_r

Gentry
City
Glasgow
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how many Royal Princes there are in Europe who are not part of the main Royal families ? X

Well, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but here's my answer:

There are the princes of Greece (Crown Prince Pavlos-married, and Prince Nikolaos and Prince [something else] who are not married0
the Princes of Serbia (Hereditary Prince Peter, Prince Alexander, and Prince Philip.
There is also Prince Emanneul Filiberto of Savoy.

Alastair_r said:
Anyone know how many Royal Princes there are in Europe who are not part of the main Royal families ? X

Dozens and dozens. Hannover, Orléans, Bourbon, Savoia, Habsburg, Romanov, Hohenzollern, Bragança, Wittelsbach (Stuart), Karagordjevic, Sachsen-Coburg (Bulgaria), Württemberg, etc.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Dozens and dozens. Hannover, Orléans, Bourbon, Savoia, Habsburg, Romanov, Hohenzollern, Bragança, Wittelsbach (Stuart), Karagordjevic, Sachsen-Coburg (Bulgaria), Württemberg, etc.
...AND... Waldeck, Schaumburg-Lippe, Wettin, Reuss, Hesse, Baden, Anhalt, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Wied, Bentheim and Steinfurt, Salm-Salm, and so on, and so forth, etc....
:wacko:

I found a list online once that listed the first 1,000 people in the Order of Succession to the British throne. Of course, it wound its way through to members of the other monarchies of Europe, one by one. Intermixed with the big names and houses which are most familiar were all these princes and families and places I'd never even heard of. It really impressed upon me how many princely titles are out there.

Butterwicke said:
...AND... Waldeck, Schaumburg-Lippe, Wettin, Reuss, Hesse, Baden, Anhalt, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, Wied, Bentheim and Steinfurt, Salm-Salm, and so on, and so forth, etc....
:wacko:

I found a list online once that listed the first 1,000 people in the Order of Succession to the British throne. Of course, it wound its way through to members of the other monarchies of Europe, one by one. Intermixed with the big names and houses which are most familiar were all these princes and families and places I'd never even heard of. It really impressed upon me how many princely titles are out there.

Butterwicke, could you post the link to the webpage where you found the list of the first 1,000?

Freedom said:
Butterwicke, could you post the link to the webpage where you found the list of the first 1,000?

Wikipedia has first 1253 people in the line of the Succession to the British Throne.
Here is the link: Line of the Succession

can u post the pics of the youngest prince of greece!he is so cute

Avalon said:
Wikipedia has first 1253 people in the line of the Succession to the British Throne.
Here is the link: Line of the Succession
My appreciation goes to Avalon for supplying the requested link! :flowers:

The likelyhood of someone who is, for example, 654th in the line of succession ever finding themselves sitting on the throne is probably about as statistically likely as The Queen growing a second head. (That would bring new meaning to the Royal "We", now wouldn't it?)

Nevertheless, it is a testament to how fascinating the topic is to the general people as well as to academia.

The first fellow monarch to appear on the list is HM King Harald V, who is 60th in the line of succession to rule Britian. Sweden, Denmark, and the Netherlands also appear, though HM Queen Beatrix doesn't figure in till number 781. (Note it is only the Protestant monarchies that appear. Catholics cannot succeed in Great Britain and as such are barred from the list.)

And in between the above big names are the names of less well-known and non-ruling families and titles. As to whether or not these more obscure princes are handsome?... well, I'll leave it to those who have the time to hunt down photos of them all.

(Incidentally,
HRH Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark appears on the list at number 231.)

Yes, thank you. The pictures are really interesting...

And after reading about all the Princes (handsome or not) without crown, nor throne, we can't avoid to think how many Monarchies there were only some years ago, and how they were put to rest.

Vanesa.

Who is the Most Handsome Prince?

I don't know if I can start this, but I thought I'd do a thread to see who do you think is the most handsome (good-looking, sexy, and attractive) prince.

Last edited:
For me they are :

-Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
-The Prince of Asturias
-Prince Carl Philip of Sweden

:D

Prince of Asturias
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway

Prince William:wub:Andrea Casiraghi

1. Prince Hashem

2. Prince Carl Philip

3. CP Frederik

4. Prince Hamzah

And if they would be Princes, Andrea and Pierre Casiraghi of course. :flowers:

No one choose Willem Alexander? :D

Of course the Prince of Asturias.

It´s easy to pick the most handsome: Felipe, Prince of Asturias

The others I had to think a little:
2. Haakon, Crown prince of Norway
3. Carl Philip, Prince of Sweden

Harry (BRF)
Daniel (Sweden)
Guillaume & Felix (Luxembourg)

all have natural good looks.

Dress him in uniform and.... Prince of Asturias:blush:
And for second CP Haakon, not for his look (although he is good looking) but for his way to be ( he seems to have a very strong character:flowers: -like my husband :winkiss:).

It's a difficult question because one has to decypher the differences between handsome, attractive, good-looking and I suppose sexy too. I'd normally choose Crown Prince Frederik in these "favourite" questions, but in terms of being the most HANDSOME, I would certainly say it would be Crown Prince Felipe - tall, dark, handsome, mediterranean swarthy looks, husky voice, the most piercing blue eyes and olive skin - almost like a traditional 50's film star! I think Crown Prince Frederik is good looking and certainly quite the macho man and is Crown Prince Haakon! Prince William is more of an attractive type (no longer a pretty boy as he's matured more in his looks) rather than handsome and Prince Harry is quite simply a fiery red-haired bloke with a princely title! Prince Philip has always been a handsome man as was Prince Andrew although not so much nowadays. Princes Edward and Charles have never floated my boat in terms of their handsomeness and I'm afraid I cannot find Crown Prince Willem-Alexander particularly attractive although he is generally a handsome fellow with a nice voice. Prince Carl-Philip is goodlooking in a kind of masculine sexy kind of way, but not handsome. The Luxembourg princes are quite attractive in their own way and most of the Middle Eastern princes are always handsome looking because of their darker, swarthy looks.
I think Prince Daniel is an all round handsome chap although I say handsome more so than being attractive.
I suppose at the end of the day for me "handsome" is not just about physical looks but a general aura of someone.

Last edited:
Can't make up my mind between Prince Carl Philip and Prince Haakon. But then I prefer the later, he seem to look more grown up to me.

Frederik gets my vote

Prince Jigme Dorji of Bhutan. I haven't seen pictures of any of the other princes from there but all the family I've seen are gorgeous, so I imagine I'd find them all handsome. It is very hard to make a decision.

1. Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
2.Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark

Haakon wins in my favourite two as I like taller men
(my hubby is 6'7")

1) Carl Philip of Sweden
2) Frederick of Denmark
3) Haakon of Norway
4) William of Wales (He's going bald like his grandfather!)
5) Philippe of Belgium
6) Wilhelm-Alexander of the Netherlands
7) Felipe of Spain

Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Carl Philp of Sweden are my choices! But Felipe would be better as his height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom