Who has The Least Public / Official Engagements?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^

The busiest royal has to be HRH The Princess Royal, no doubt.

Yet in two of the last three years her older brother has done more.

Interesting isn't it how we perceive things.

I think the perception of KM as lazy comes from her time as William's gf when she seemed very reluctant to take on a career or a job.

But that is hardly fair in predicting what she will be like as a Royal spouse. Based on what I have seen of her so far, I think she will be more than willing to take on anything that "the Firm" assigns to her-and do it well.

She has not fumbled in public yet...I can't see her shirking her responsibilities now that she has what she has reportedly wanted for a long time.

Kate may be married to a prince, but from what I can gather from what her and William have said, her main focus is to be a military wife for right now.

Yet in two of the last three years her older brother has done more.

I thing part of it is that Princess Anne just gets on with it all quite quietly where as Charles and to a lesser degree Andrew have a larger fuss around their engagements. anne has spent twenty odd years ploughing through them with no sign of letting down

Again, you don't see most of what he does, he doesn't wear dresses, so there are less or non photos of the events he attends.
And if you have a look at Kongehuset Indefra, you will see that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes.

All CPs wear suits except for Victoria. I don't know what to think of the behind the scene work, I tend to think royals who have lots of public acts also have spent lots of time prepareing their acts behind the door. Anyway, I was not only looking at the acts, also the roles the CPs played in their country. Denmark is a small country (unlike GB), not as much to do as the big countries (GB, Spain), business sector is always important, if CP let his younger brother take the most of a very important sector with important trips to emerging countries like China, Brazil, Mexico and etc promoting Danish business, oh well, Frederick has more interests at sports.

Last edited:
Iluvbertie said:

What's you point?

donnaK said:
, Frederick has more interests at sports.

When was the last time you saw him playing sports? At least he's turned his sporting hobby into a job, representing Denmark at the IOC. A lot of royal work goes un noticed - case in point, last week Frederik went to Mozambique, no pictures nothing and I only knew because I checked the royal calendar. A few weeks back Frederik and his mother visited Greenland completely unknown even to some of the parliamentary staff.

Prince Harry

Assuming the number of royals who are in the royal family so must the English royals be those who do the least work for the tax money people give to the royal household. The one of the English royals who should do more is Prince Harry...

No I don`t have my eyes closed at all.

Good comeback. You should be a writer:flowers::flowers:

But seriously, could you please explain why you think Letizia is teh laziest royal. There is hardly a week where she does not have 3-4 events, if not more. Perhaps you are of the school of thought that as she accompanies her husband, she is not working. I disagree with that strongly. But that may be what you think

So, please take pity on our feeble brains and explain in detail why you think Letizia is the laziest royal

Assuming the number of royals who are in the royal family so must the English royals be those who do the least work for the tax money people give to the royal household. The one of the English royals who should do more is Prince Harry...

Harry is a full-time serving officer in the military and thus is serving his country in that way - as is his brother, William and as both his father and Uncle Andrew did at his age.

The BRF males have always done some military service and based on Andrew's example Harry will be serving until probably his early 40s.

Let's get real. Most of the stuff is fluff.. Some have real "jobs". But, visting this and that and cutting a ribbon here and there are not jobs. Jobs is where you go and earn an income and work very day, not when it suits your convience. This their lot. They think they are working, but in the real world, they are not.

I vote Carl-Philip of Sweden, and his sister Madeleine gets Honorable Mention.

A shame and an embarrassment, both of them. :sad:

You can say that again!:flowers:

Carl Philip and his sister Madeleine are a joke! Neither of them work or do anything for their country that make them worthy of their royal titles. Madeleine spends her time traipsing around the US and is rarely even in Sweden these days and Carl Philip spends his days playing around racing cars and going out on the town with his less-than-classy girlfriend. And this is all on the Swedish taxpayers money!:ermm: I can't see the Swedish monarchy lasting much longer if their royal family has nothing to contribute to their country.

Isn't she working for a charity in the US?

Let's get real. Most of the stuff is fluff.. Some have real "jobs". But, visting this and that and cutting a ribbon here and there are not jobs. Jobs is where you go and earn an income and work very day, not when it suits your convience. This their lot. They think they are working, but in the real world, they are not.

The 'job description' for Crown Princes and Crown Princesses is to do nothing much but open this or that - it is what they are paid to do from whatever source they get paid. That makes it their job.

They do work every day, even if they don't go out to open a hospital wing every day they do a lot of the preparation for that engagement - background reading and briefing on the place and people etc - that is also part of the 'job' - to appear knowledgeable and interested and thus asking sensible questions or making intelligent comments.

To you it mightn't seem a job but it is one.

Harry is a full-time serving officer in the military and thus is serving his country in that way - as is his brother, William and as both his father and Uncle Andrew did at his age.

The BRF males have always done some military service and based on Andrew's example Harry will be serving until probably his early 40s.

Studies or military service - he has a lot of time for partying. British people pay lots of appanage to their royal families and even royalty, who makes military or student should participate in public office - in my opinion.

The laziest royals: York sisters? Grimaldi family?
Madeleine of Sweden seems to have found something to do, with her "job" in New York. But I still can't find what Carl Philip is doing, you're so right! He takes part to some races, and... that's all?

The York sisters are full time students and hence take no royal duties except those in which they appear with their father and/or grandparents. They are no different from Prince William when he was in college....he undertook no royal engagements. But as a result of the agreement between BP and the press (as well as being at St. Andrews in Scotland and not London), who knows what William did in regards to partying when he was in college.

Madeleine without a doubt! The Swedish Royal Family is lucky their monarchy is pretty stable, because if it wasn't she alone would be the reason for abolition! She lives and parties it up in New York with tax payers money and she never comes to events like state dinners but for weddings and other "fun" events she's there! Like when she'll be present at Albert and Charlene's wedding. I think if she wants to keep living this freeloader lifestyle she should do like Martha-Louise and lose her royal highness (Not calling M- L a freeloader at all) and live off her parents money!

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine is not included in the same way in the royal representation duties as the State does not purport appanage to them the same way as the King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prince Consort. As long as Daddy King pays herself from her wallet to Madeleine and Carl Philip continue to live as they wish. There is no Government of Sweden or Swedish people govern.

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine is not included in the same way in the royal representation duties as the State does not purport appanage to them the same way as the King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prince Consort. As long as Daddy King pays herself from her wallet to Madeleine and Carl Philip continue to live as they wish. There is no Government of Sweden or Swedish people govern.

The thing is the king doesn't support her she receives money from the Government like other members of the royal family, to do what? Live in NYC!!!!!
Sweden begins to question the cost of Princess Madeleine - National Royal News | Examiner.com

Do you have any other source than the Examiner, that the Swedish State pays for Madeleine and CP?

British people pay lots of appanage to their royal families and even royalty, who makes military or student should participate in public office - in my opinion.

AFAIK, only the Queen gets money from the British state, and she reimburses the ones who have royal duties.

Charles doesn't receive an apanage, either, his income is from the Duchy of Cornwall. IIRC he supported his sons from this income.

Duchy of Cornwall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QEII and the Dof E are on the civil list. That is all.

business sector is always important, if CP let his younger brother take the most of a very important sector with important trips to emerging countries like China, Brazil, Mexico and etc promoting Danish business, oh well, Frederick has more interests at sports.

You seem to have forgotten e.g. the trips to the US that M&F did, which were to promote Danish business.

Charles gets a lot of criticism for all sorts of things but compared to Frederick of Denmark he's an absolute workaholic. I know Charles is a very hard worker but Frederick seems to have a pretty easy time of it given he's the heir to the throne.

Charles has 20 extra years on Frederik. Both age and experience wise. Frederik does his due I think as does every other heir and their spouse.

What's you point?

When was the last time you saw him playing sports? At least he's turned his sporting hobby into a job, representing Denmark at the IOC. A lot of royal work goes un noticed - case in point, last week Frederik went to Mozambique, no pictures nothing and I only knew because I checked the royal calendar. A few weeks back Frederik and his mother visited Greenland completely unknown even to some of the parliamentary staff.

He likes to watch sports games, or sports related acts, I forgot sailing was also part of his official activities. I already said by the calendar and the Mozmbique trip has always been on the calendar, not the pictures.

You seem to have forgotten e.g. the trips to the US that M&F did, which were to promote Danish business.

Sure Frederick also promoted the Danish business, but the last couple of years, his brother has done a lot more than him especially in the emerging countries that has much growth than an established country like USA.

Last edited:
Studies or military service - he has a lot of time for partying. British people pay lots of appanage to their royal families and even royalty, who makes military or student should participate in public office - in my opinion.

The British taxpayers pay a Civil List to two people - the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

The rest of the British royal family are supported totally from the private incomes of the Queen and the Prince of Wales (as Duke of Cornwall).

The only income Harry gets from the taxpayers is from his duties as an army officer (and his is thus paid the same as any other full-time serving officer).

Harry parties, like many single officers, when off duty but when on duty he works very hard at training to fly one of the deadliest helicopters in the world.

The BRF also have more than enough royals doing royal duties and have made it clear that Beatrice and Eugenie won't be going that route but will be expected to have their own careers on finished their education and Harry will be a serving officer for decades to come so he won't be doing the royal rounds either - like Andrew who didn't take on full time duties until about 10 years ago. So far, for instance, William is the only one of the Queen's grandchildren to represent her overseas and none of them have attended a state dinner - and the Queen determines when these things happen so that is her decision. She is allowing her grandchildren a lot more time than she allowed her elder two children and more like that amount of time she allowed her younger two children before they had to take up some of the workload left by the Queen Mum and Princess Margaret.

He likes to watch sports games, or sports related acts, I forgot sailing was also part of his official activities. I already said by the calendar and the Mozmbique trip has always been on the calendar, not the pictures.

That's your argument? That he likes to watch sports games so that makes him a bad person?
You see almost every royal CP watch a few sports games, they all travel to the Olympics, football matches in their countries, they often fly over to other countries for big games like last weeks Barcelona v Manchester Utd when Prince Felipe went over to wembley to watch the match. They can pass it off as supporting their country, or turn it into an official role like Prince William has but they all enjoy watching sports. You can't pinpoint one man for something almost every royal family does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom