Who has The Least Public / Official Engagements?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Carl-Philip, hands down. The man is 31 years old and is still working on his college degree. Shameful.

I know Beatrice and Eugenie are in college but what about the summer?Can anyone explain to me what they do in the summer?

Also,Andrea,Charlotte,Pierre come off as lazy.Whenever I see them they are always shopping,going to parties,and on vacation.I know they dont have titles but they are still in line for the throne.Though Im glad they keep themselves out of scandel and do a little bit of charity.

I know Beatrice and Eugenie are in college but what about the summer?Can anyone explain to me what they do in the summer?

Both have done internships over summer breaks in the past years.

Princess Beatrice takes three days off from her summer job within a week | Mail Online

Princess Beatrice takes three days off from her summer job within a week | Mail Online

Princess Beatrice "to work at Financial Times" - Telegraph

Princess Eugenie arrives for her first day as a working woman... accompanied by her bodyguard | Mail Online

And of course Beatrice was also an extra in Young Victoria in 2009.

They don't do any royal duties because in the BRF a full-time student is a full-time student and not expected to be working as a royal.

William didn't do royal duties while on vacation from St Andrews over his summer holidays so it wouldn't be fair to expect his younger cousins to do any either.

Also,Andrea,Charlotte,Pierre come off as lazy.Whenever I see them they are always shopping,going to parties,and on vacation.I know they dont have titles but they are still in line for the throne.Though Im glad they keep themselves out of scandel and do a little bit of charity.

They can do want they want, they're not Royals.;)

I agree Letizia is probably the busiust Crown Princess outh there, I think she works very hard, harder than most other princesses.

I vote Carl-Philip of Sweden, and his sister Madeleine gets Honorable Mention.

A shame and an embarrassment, both of them. :sad:

Agree for Carl-Philip and Madeleine.

And agree also on Princess Letizia she is the busiest Princess of all. Just count the number of engagements by a week, it outnumber those of the other crown princesses.

I understand why this comment however. Because Letizia nearly does not solo engagement.

I would like to point out that not everything a Crownprincess, Princess, Prince etc. is doing, is making it to the big tabloids, and certainly not everything goes always abroad. I've seen pictures of Crownprincess Mette-Marit that has never occured in here. It is in magazines, from events she took place in. But since it is impossible to find it on the internet, it isn't possible to make a link to the picture either. And since everything posted in here must be able to trace and so on, it isn't that tempting to start to scan and post it either, giving the correct source from where the picture was taken. It is too difficult for the people moderating in here to check it out. It is much easier with a link, and it is also neccesary according to the board rules.

I collect pictures of some royals, and I have a lot of pictures of Mette-Marit that has never been on this board.

So both her and probably others might do more than what it looks like from reading newspapers and magazines. :flowers:

It is hard to say who the laziest royal is, because of what I think about what I just wrote. But I'm not very impressed with CP Frederik of Denmark, and neither Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden. The first seem to still be all about party party, and the other one, well noone is really sure about what he is doing. He is supposed to be a student, but all those years, he should be a professor in several areas by now.

But I could be wrong. :)

Prince Carl Philip (lazy for his country's duties??? yes. lazy for party,cars and girlfriend? no, he's damn active)

Letizia is always having duties, she works a lot. how can she be lazy? if shes lazy, then ALL CP princes are lazy as well.

about Mette-Marit. she's in fact not lazy. just because she's not very active on royal engagements, doesnt mean shes not working. right now shes at University, and this time of the year is dificult because of exams and school works. i bet shes working hard to finish her course. studying is not a lazy thing!

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

I don't follow CP's Letizia or Mette-Marit, but even a casual observer can see that they work VERY hard and are always on the go.

This in spite of the fact that both are mothers to very young children.

I cannot be easy AT ALL.

^^^^
Must have your eyes closed, check out the current events threads in the Spanish Royals section. She's hardly lazy.

The busiest royal has to be HRH The Princess Royal, no doubt.

^^^^
Must have your eyes closed, check out the current events threads in the Spanish Royals section. She's hardly lazy.

The busiest royal has to be HRH The Princess Royal, no doubt.

No I don`t have my eyes closed at all.

Princess Margreat also came off as lazy.She often showed up late or left early for her duties.

Princess Margaret not only seemed lazy, but foul tempered.

I always overlooked it though. I think she got kind of a raw deal in life. :sad:

I would have to agree that as much as I like them I can't see what Car-Philip and Madeleine actually do. Do they have jobs that I am unaware of in which case it might not be so bad?
Also I would say Prince Laurent of Belgium but I don't know that much about him.

The hardest working I would say in Princess Anne, Princess Royal

Letizia has seven official events this week, so she is hardly lazy. Prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine are lazy IMO.

She is? I have a hard time beliving that;)

You only need to check her threads, as it has been pointed out, she has seven public engagements this week. I don't know how she can be called the laziest royal :ermm:

Madeleine without a doubt! The Swedish Royal Family is lucky their monarchy is pretty stable, because if it wasn't she alone would be the reason for abolition! She lives and parties it up in New York with tax payers money and she never comes to events like state dinners but for weddings and other "fun" events she's there! Like when she'll be present at Albert and Charlene's wedding. I think if she wants to keep living this freeloader lifestyle she should do like Martha-Louise and lose her royal highness (Not calling M- L a freeloader at all) and live off her parents money!

I understand why this comment however. Because Letizia nearly does not solo engagement.

But this has changed the last couple of years. I'm pretty sure she has more solo events this year than Mathilde, Mary (maternity leave) or MM. Where has MM been anyway ?

Letizia has seven official events this week, so she is hardly lazy. Prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine are lazy IMO.

So is Kate with zero act.
Letizia did 200-300 acts each year (not by inflated British way of counting acts) consistently. If she is lazy, I don't know what to think of most of other royal consorts.
Anyway, I think all minor royals like C-P or Madeleine should be excluded being discussed here since they don't (will not) have a big role in the monarchy. Among all the major royals, the laziest are IMO

Heir: Frederick of Denmark
Consort: MM and Kate (a bit too early, but I can see it happening)

Last edited:
Heir: Frederick of Denmark
Consort: MM and Kate (a bit too early, but I can see it happening)

Frederik, uh why?
Catherine has been married for just over a month - she's the wife of the second in line to the throne who is currently in military training. The pair have made it clear they won't be doing royal engagements until Williams training is over. She will be he future Princess of Wales then Queen, she will not be allowed to be lazy. Silly assumption IMO.

Frederik, uh why?
Catherine has been married for just over a month - she's the wife of the second in line to the throne who is currently in military training. The pair have made it clear they won't be doing royal engagements until Williams training is over. She will be he future Princess of Wales then Queen, she will not be allowed to be lazy. Silly assumption IMO.

Compared his schedule to other heirs the last few years, not just recently (he is busier the last month or so).
Royals are supposed to serve the country, no excuse not to do any engagement under any circumstance unless due to illness (or sickness) IMO. Perhaps you are right that Kate wouldn't be allowed to be lazy in the future, but the two-year break is long enough to be called 'lazy', I doubt it would have been allowed in Spain.

Last edited:
Kind of quick to call Kate lazy IMO.

First of all, she has only been married for a month on Sunday.

According to
Yay! So we have the Glamour Gala on the 9th Trooping on the 11th DOE Birthday on the 12th followed by polo match in the afternoon and gala at night and Order of Garter on the 13th
. I wouldn't consider the polo match to be a royal engagement although the event is being played for a charity. And on June 30th she starts a two week tour of Canada and California.

How is serving as a pilot for the Search and Rescue being lazy? Or am I missing something?

Compared his schedule to other heirs the last few years, not just recently (he is busier the last month or so).
Royals are supposed to serve the country, no excuse not to do any engagement under any circumstance unless due to illness (or sickness) (at least that's the Spanish standard) IMO. The two-year break is long enough to be called 'lazy'.

Again, you don't see most of what he does, he doesn't wear dresses, so there are less or non photos of the events he attends.
And if you have a look at Kongehuset Indefra, you will see that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom