The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Princess Margaret not only seemed lazy, but foul tempered.

I always overlooked it though. I think she got kind of a raw deal in life.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Nobility

I would have to agree that as much as I like them I can't see what Car-Philip and Madeleine actually do. Do they have jobs that I am unaware of in which case it might not be so bad?
Also I would say Prince Laurent of Belgium but I don't know that much about him.

The hardest working I would say in Princess Anne, Princess Royal

Old 05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia has seven official events this week, so she is hardly lazy. Prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine are lazy IMO.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
She is? I have a hard time beliving that
You only need to check her threads, as it has been pointed out, she has seven public engagements this week. I don't know how she can be called the laziest royal
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Madeleine without a doubt! The Swedish Royal Family is lucky their monarchy is pretty stable, because if it wasn't she alone would be the reason for abolition! She lives and parties it up in New York with tax payers money and she never comes to events like state dinners but for weddings and other "fun" events she's there! Like when she'll be present at Albert and Charlene's wedding. I think if she wants to keep living this freeloader lifestyle she should do like Martha-Louise and lose her royal highness (Not calling M- L a freeloader at all) and live off her parents money!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
I understand why this comment however. Because Letizia nearly does not solo engagement.
But this has changed the last couple of years. I'm pretty sure she has more solo events this year than Mathilde, Mary (maternity leave) or MM. Where has MM been anyway ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia has seven official events this week, so she is hardly lazy. Prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine are lazy IMO.
So is Kate with zero act.
Letizia did 200-300 acts each year (not by inflated British way of counting acts) consistently. If she is lazy, I don't know what to think of most of other royal consorts.
Anyway, I think all minor royals like C-P or Madeleine should be excluded being discussed here since they don't (will not) have a big role in the monarchy. Among all the major royals, the laziest are IMO

Heir: Frederick of Denmark
Consort: MM and Kate (a bit too early, but I can see it happening)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Heir: Frederick of Denmark
Consort: MM and Kate (a bit too early, but I can see it happening)
Frederik, uh why?
Catherine has been married for just over a month - she's the wife of the second in line to the throne who is currently in military training. The pair have made it clear they won't be doing royal engagements until Williams training is over. She will be he future Princess of Wales then Queen, she will not be allowed to be lazy. Silly assumption IMO.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Frederik, uh why?
Catherine has been married for just over a month - she's the wife of the second in line to the throne who is currently in military training. The pair have made it clear they won't be doing royal engagements until Williams training is over. She will be he future Princess of Wales then Queen, she will not be allowed to be lazy. Silly assumption IMO.
Compared his schedule to other heirs the last few years, not just recently (he is busier the last month or so).
Royals are supposed to serve the country, no excuse not to do any engagement under any circumstance unless due to illness (or sickness) IMO. Perhaps you are right that Kate wouldn't be allowed to be lazy in the future, but the two-year break is long enough to be called 'lazy', I doubt it would have been allowed in Spain.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Kind of quick to call Kate lazy IMO.

First of all, she has only been married for a month on Sunday.

According to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Yay! So we have the Glamour Gala on the 9th Trooping on the 11th DOE Birthday on the 12th followed by polo match in the afternoon and gala at night and Order of Garter on the 13th
. I wouldn't consider the polo match to be a royal engagement although the event is being played for a charity. And on June 30th she starts a two week tour of Canada and California.

How is serving as a pilot for the Search and Rescue being lazy? Or am I missing something?

Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Compared his schedule to other heirs the last few years, not just recently (he is busier the last month or so).
Royals are supposed to serve the country, no excuse not to do any engagement under any circumstance unless due to illness (or sickness) (at least that's the Spanish standard) IMO. The two-year break is long enough to be called 'lazy'.
Again, you don't see most of what he does, he doesn't wear dresses, so there are less or non photos of the events he attends.
And if you have a look at Kongehuset Indefra, you will see that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^^^^

The busiest royal has to be HRH The Princess Royal, no doubt.
Yet in two of the last three years her older brother has done more.

Interesting isn't it how we perceive things.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Majesty

I think the perception of KM as lazy comes from her time as William's gf when she seemed very reluctant to take on a career or a job.

But that is hardly fair in predicting what she will be like as a Royal spouse. Based on what I have seen of her so far, I think she will be more than willing to take on anything that "the Firm" assigns to her-and do it well.

She has not fumbled in public yet...I can't see her shirking her responsibilities now that she has what she has reportedly wanted for a long time.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kate may be married to a prince, but from what I can gather from what her and William have said, her main focus is to be a military wife for right now.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Yet in two of the last three years her older brother has done more.

I thing part of it is that Princess Anne just gets on with it all quite quietly where as Charles and to a lesser degree Andrew have a larger fuss around their engagements. anne has spent twenty odd years ploughing through them with no sign of letting down
Old 05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Again, you don't see most of what he does, he doesn't wear dresses, so there are less or non photos of the events he attends.
And if you have a look at Kongehuset Indefra, you will see that a lot of work goes on behind the scenes.
All CPs wear suits except for Victoria. I don't know what to think of the behind the scene work, I tend to think royals who have lots of public acts also have spent lots of time prepareing their acts behind the door. Anyway, I was not only looking at the acts, also the roles the CPs played in their country. Denmark is a small country (unlike GB), not as much to do as the big countries (GB, Spain), business sector is always important, if CP let his younger brother take the most of a very important sector with important trips to emerging countries like China, Brazil, Mexico and etc promoting Danish business, oh well, Frederick has more interests at sports.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie

What's you point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
, Frederick has more interests at sports.
When was the last time you saw him playing sports? At least he's turned his sporting hobby into a job, representing Denmark at the IOC. A lot of royal work goes un noticed - case in point, last week Frederik went to Mozambique, no pictures nothing and I only knew because I checked the royal calendar. A few weeks back Frederik and his mother visited Greenland completely unknown even to some of the parliamentary staff.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry

Assuming the number of royals who are in the royal family so must the English royals be those who do the least work for the tax money people give to the royal household. The one of the English royals who should do more is Prince Harry...
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
No I don`t have my eyes closed at all.

Good comeback. You should be a writer

But seriously, could you please explain why you think Letizia is teh laziest royal. There is hardly a week where she does not have 3-4 events, if not more. Perhaps you are of the school of thought that as she accompanies her husband, she is not working. I disagree with that strongly. But that may be what you think

So, please take pity on our feeble brains and explain in detail why you think Letizia is the laziest royal
Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What's you point?

My point was stated in the first sentence of my post - that Charles actually has been doing more than Anne yet people see Anne as doing more than Charles.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
Assuming the number of royals who are in the royal family so must the English royals be those who do the least work for the tax money people give to the royal household. The one of the English royals who should do more is Prince Harry...

Harry is a full-time serving officer in the military and thus is serving his country in that way - as is his brother, William and as both his father and Uncle Andrew did at his age.

The BRF males have always done some military service and based on Andrew's example Harry will be serving until probably his early 40s.