Who has The Least Public / Official Engagements?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have notised that all that say that Frederik is lazy are people outside Denmark. I totally disagree with you that he is lazy. He is doing his duty perfect and i remember the queen said that she would give Frederik some space when he got children because she missed so much of Joachim and Frederiks childhood when she became queen, and she will not let that happen to her children.

betina said:
I have notised that all that say that Frederik is lazy are people outside Denmark. I totally disagree with you that he is lazy. He is doing his duty perfect and i remember the queen said that she would give Frederik some space when he got children because she missed so much of Joachim and Frederiks childhood when she became queen, and she will not let that happen to her children.

That´s tru betina

Because they're ALWAYS on vacation,parties,fashion shows,shopping,etc... I know that Andy was in Montreal last summer studying ,but summer there is like, two month long.

Lafawnduh said:
The Casiraghi's.
The're not Royal and aren't Grimaldi Princes (maybe one day?).

Prince Laurent of Belgium

hilal said:
Prince Laurent of Belgium

does he have a non-royal job? if he is a full time royal, he appears to do very little...

I don't think he does have a non-royal job but I could be wrong.

He is anti-conformist and lover of finery.

and fast cars.

he is not a lover of the media, at all.I think his wife still works part time though.

How can we know this? We just can compare their public visits isn't??What are our royals doing when they are at home? Does their staff do everything for them?

It's really hard for me to judge the "laziness" of certain royals, as I live in the US and I don't get to see much media coverage of them. :D
But can I throw a vote in for Laurent too? And Philippe? I don't see them doing much. Mathilde works very hard as far as I can see but I don't usually notice Philippe with her. I could be wrong. Laurent does have an excuse now, with the birth of his twins of course.....

although, i like him as well as the work he does for animals, i'd have to say prince laurent. he doesn't seem to participate in many roayl functions and activites.

Gita said:
Edward, Earl of Wessex in my opinion.

In 2005 Edward carried out 349 official engagements in the UK and overseas - hardly evidence of him being lazy.

Don't forget that for each of these engagements there would need to be briefings about the people to be met and the work of the organisation etc. This is behinds the scene work that isn't counted in the number of engagements but is the preparation needed to do the engagement properly.

Ernst August of Hanover

HRHAmy said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted as a thread yet, but which royal do you think does not use their position to the fullest extent? I tend to see other royals like the royals of Monaco (specifically caroline and family) always on vacations rather than doing more for the people in Monaco. And others like Charles and Camilla that are out there almost everyday at functions for their people. In your mind who is the laziest royal?

didem said:
Charles
Camilla
Duke of York

Could you tell me why you say they are lazy?

Charles carried out 501 engagements in 2005 - many with Camilla. Camilla has been royal for less than a year and has done many engagements as well by going with Charles. (Remember when they count Philip's they include those in which he accompanies the Queen and therefore it is only right that Camilla accompanying Charles is included in her count).

Andrew did even more.

How many do you think they need to be doing in order to not be classed as lazy?

As they are averaging about 1.5 engagements per day - some taking many hours not including the hours needed in preparation and follow-up - I would hardly describe any of them as lazy.

chrissy57 said:

Charles carried out 501 engagements in 2005 - many with Camilla. Camilla has been royal for less than a year and has done many engagements as well by going with Charles. (Remember when they count Philip's they include those in which he accompanies the Queen and therefore it is only right that Camilla accompanying Charles is included in her count).

Andrew did even more.

As they are averaging about 1.5 engagements per day - some taking many hours not including the hours needed in preparation and follow-up - I would hardly describe any of them as lazy.

And also realize that the original question posed was "In your mind, who is the laziest royal?" For most of us these are opinions, and opinions are hard to change, even with presentation of solid fact. :)

If By Queen Elizabeth Your mean Elizabeth II I think you need to visit the following website Welcome to the official website of the British Monarchy and see how many engagement Her Majesty carries out Please remember that she is Almost 80.

This is a very uninformed comment on your part The Queen works very hard.

She does.

If people want to know what lazy is, check out Prince William. You could light a fire under his spoiled behind and he still wouldn't work.

Andrew did even more.

Prince William doesn't even average that in a MONTH, apparently. He's getting a free ride because his Mommy was Diana. Enough. :)

Well, you see, he has a real job. He is an active duty member or the Royal Air Force, so that takes up a lot of his time and he is right now on a tour of New Zealand and Australia, representing his grandmother. Ifr he wasn't an active serving officer, you might have a point, but he is, as is his brother.

He's getting a free ride because his Mommy was Diana

A pointless contribution with a) no relevance and b) nothing to support it whatsoever. Nice one ;)

I like this contribution, "Madame Royale". :) Nice one indeed.

Laziest royal

It is definitely Prince Andrew. Hanging around with jet setting people. Having a job that sounds like it was created to have something to do. He needed to take lessons from Princess Diana on how to make a difference.

Prince Laurent of Belgium & The Duke of York.

It is definitely Prince Andrew. Hanging around with jet setting people. Having a job that sounds like it was created to have something to do. He needed to take lessons from Princess Diana on how to make a difference.

The title was not 'created' for Andrew. Andrew took over the position from the Duke of Kent who stepped down from the position. He held the position for many decades. Part of the job includes traveling, and meeting with people, and making business connections. And of course Diana was never seen on yachst, or sun bathing or on vacation ever right?

He may not be the hardest working man, but he does work. He devoted a good chunk of his life to the navy. He often comes here to Canada, for work related to the Canadian military, as a commonwealth country.

He served as patron for MEA, a group to promote better relations with the middle east, and is the royal patron for Fight for sight, one of the leading charities to combat blindness.

He may not be the hardest working member of his family, but he is not just jet setting and drinking champagne for fun. He does work, and represent numerous good causes.

I'm not sure if this has been posted as a thread yet, but which royal do you think does not use their position to the fullest extent? I tend to see other royals like the royals of Monaco (specifically caroline and family) always on vacations rather than doing more for the people in Monaco. And others like Charles and Camilla that are out there almost everyday at functions for their people. In your mind who is the laziest royal?

I'm sorry but they are not nuns or missionaries. Royalty are celebrities, like a Hollywood starlit. Yes they do have obligations to their people, but they do have private lives and fun. They go on vacation imagine that. Charles and Camilla I am sure do as well. The queen goes to Balmoral every summer. Diana went on vacations too, she was not Mother Theresa 365 days a year.

roseroyal said:
IMHO, Prince Harry.

You're kidding right? Prince Harry just qualified as an apache helicopter pilot in the military. He doesn't do many public events yet because he's active duty military.

does he have a non-royal job? if he is a full time royal, he appears to do very little...

No he doesn't. But after the major corruption scandal a few years ago, when he was actually interogated by the police and had to appear in court, it is speculated he was not welcome at royal engagements any more.

There is also rumor that he is the reason Elisabeth can thank him for being Crown Princess when her father takes the throne. Supposedly Baudoin disagreed with Laurent on many issues including religion, and wanted to push Laurent further away from the throne. He dropped from second to third and is now even further with the birth of nieces and nephews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom