The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Courtier

But didn't Caroline step in the place of her mother until Albert marries? I thought Caroline was doing her mother's charities and functions? Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
But didn't Caroline step in the place of her mother until Albert marries? I thought Caroline was doing her mother's charities and functions? Correct me if I am wrong.
I suppose you are right. :)

Perhaps she has semi given up since Albert is unlikely to marry!
BTW, I was not trying to say that Caroline is not lazy, because I tend to agree with you. I just can't make up my mind about which one is the laziest!!!

Old 02-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Oh no, I wasn't mad! :)I just wanted to know if Caroline still does those things since I don't hear about her very much doing any of them except the Red Cross Ball. The last I heard was that she was stepping in for Albert until he marries. Thank you for clarifying!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fred of Denmark. He is the future king. He needs to step it up.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
...but which royal do you think does not use their position to the fullest extent?
Reading this I want to say, that personally I wouldn´t call a Royal, who doesn´t use his or her position automatically lazy. It can be quite refreshing and impressive, when a born Royal works like everyone else. At least I´m more impressed than about a Royal, who has chosen a medium amount of work and takes some charities over, because its "standard"
From this point of view lazy heirs, who more or less should prepare themselves for the throne and who traditionally should share duties with the Monarch are worst for me. And IMO the uncrowned king of lazy heirs is crown prince Frederik. I know, that he has a baby now and maybe wants to be with him. But Christian wasn´t with him in the past 2 years.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Majesty

here is a thread about the hard working royals

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yals-4465.html
Old 02-28-2006, 06:04 AM

Duchess of Cornwall

I think that The Duchess of Cornwall is quite lazy, she need to take on more solo engagements.

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wish we saw MetteMarit more. she has 3 children and being a mom is her most important role, but she brings a bit of magic to everything she touches and i wish she would do make more use of that.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

i'm sure she's not lazy but the words 'laziest royals' call to mind Queen Elizabeth dunno...she doesn't seem to leave her palaces/castles alot xD
Old 02-28-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
i'm sure she's not lazy but the words 'laziest royals' call to mind Queen Elizabeth dunno...she doesn't seem to leave her palaces/castles alot xD
If By Queen Elizabeth Your mean Elizabeth II I think you need to visit the following website http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page3952.asp and see how many engagement Her Majesty carries out Please remember that she is Almost 80.

This is a very uninformed comment on your part The Queen works very hard.

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Gentry

What about the belgian Crownprince Philippe? It seems his wife works harder dan he does..
Old 02-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol
If By Queen Elizabeth Your mean Elizabeth II I think you need to visit the following website http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page3952.asp and see how many engagement Her Majesty carries out Please remember that she is Almost 80.

she does work very hard. her workload is even more amazing considering her age. if she did only one or two engagements a month i still would be very impressed. most 80 year olds are retired and enjoying a leisurely lifestyle.

its amazing that she summons the energy for all those engagements. i guess she's inherited her mothers DNA.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Duchess of Cornwall, imo. She is married for an year, and I don't see her working in anything.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Queen Beatrix's sons
Old 02-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Duchess of Cornwall, imo. She is married for an year, and I don't see her working in anything.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Queen Beatrix's sons
i think madeleine does a fair amount of royal work for a student and someone who is destined to leave the royal family when she marries. she has a special bond with her duchy which i think is cool.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:19 AM

Lightbulb Support the Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
she does work very hard. her workload is even more amazing considering her age. if she did only one or two engagements a month i still would be very impressed. most 80 year olds are retired and enjoying a leisurely lifestyle.

its amazing that she summons the energy for all those engagements. i guess she's inherited her mothers DNA.
:)
Her Majesty does indeed work very hard and I would like to urge everyone who agrees to support HM, whenever possibe turn up to Royal Engagements in your area, (you can check on http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/page3950.asp ), write positive letters to the press saying how hard the Queen works and write to HM The Queen herself thanking her for her devotion to duty and service, now that her 80th Birthday is approaching you have a perfect excuse to write to Her Majesty. (Remember to start your Letter "May It Please Your Majesty" and end with "I have the honour to remain, Madam, Your Majesty's humble and obedient subject, signature"), and send it to:
Her Majesty The Queen,
Buckingham Palace,
London,
SW1A 1AA,
United Kingdom.

God Save The Queen!

Old 02-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Really? I'd suggest you have a look at the Charles & Camilla Current Events thread. You may be surprised.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Nobility

I think Mette-marit is mostly at home, but that does'nt makes her lazy.
I think it is true that Mathilde has more engagements than Philipe.. I don't think he is lazy either.
I think it also depends on what you are doing, for example; mary visits many fashionshows and Mathilde makes a trip to tanzania... See there is a difference in the work you are doing..!
I personaly think; going to fashionshows is not really working...
One person I think is really NOT lazy; is Letizia. She works a lot, and it is serious work!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

There's a lot that the monarchy is involved in that doesn't reach the press.

When the monarch prepares the heir for the throne there are State Council meetings and a lot of one on one consultations that are meant to be private. If these were more well-known, people would start complaining that they are getting too involved in government.

The heirs and their wives have to walk a fine line. I imagine Philippe is lying low right now because some in the government want to take what little power the King has left. Their lack of action is often more about the politics in the country than being lazy.

Also, big charity events for important causes can sometimes be risky. Fred and Mary hosted a rock concert run by Save the Children, a very worthy foundation. As a public relations event, it was a success but the charity ended up losing money.The foundation had to pull money from its other ventures to pay for the concert.

With that experience, I don't think Mary or Fred are going to chair any high profile charity events for awhile. It simply is too risky for the charities.

Yes, the charities want some press exposure from their royal patrons but the charities don't need a Princess Diana to be successful. Successful fundraising is mostly about getting the attention from the right people and not necessarily from the public at large. So a patronage that doesn't provide a lot of press coverage can benefit the charity if a royal patronage can bring in the big money contributors.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Three words : Duke of York.
totally agree, no top tiered royal in the whole world does less than him. jmo
Old 02-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel

Their lack of action is often more about the politics in the country than being lazy.
That is just generally a very good point. There are often political reasons behind royals' actions (or lack of actions) that the general public is not aware of.