The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Nobility

You all have some wonderful reasons for spending time with your chosen royals

I am really shallow - I want 48 hours with CP Haakon because he's hot (I would like to talk to him about his Dignity mission etc) but mainly because he's hot.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just want to go in the Dutch jewelry vaults and play. Bottle of wine and Maxi would be fun!!!

Old 01-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I would love it but invisible to them.... I'd love to see how is their everyday (between them) life.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

I sometimes think many people hold them on a sort of pesdestal since we only see them with public faces on and at their best. If we find out Mathilda is bossy or Mary can be overly picky or what ever faults they might have and they are just people like us it could be a real let down.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:26 AM
Royal Highness

I like to spend it with the Duchess of Cornwall.

I want to know everything, starting with how her parents met, to what her grandmother thought of APB. I have so many questions. I would keep her there for 48 months.

I want to see pictures of her family, parents, grandparents, greatgrandparents.

I want a private tour of Clarence House and St. James' Palace including the private quarters and if she can sneak me into Buckingham Palace and give me a private tour I will be happy.

I want to know when she acquired each piece of jewelry and from whom.

Now if Queen Elizabeth II would allow me into her jewelry vault and a private tour of the royal collection that will be nice.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Commoner

I would like to spend 48 months with Prince Harry in bed! LOL!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^Too much information...
Old 01-15-2015, 09:33 AM
Serene Highness

Holy cow...Not what ment but alrighty then.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

There are so many royals I'd love to spend forty eight hours with!

I would love to spend forty eight hours with Elizabeth II in a casual setting at home with her immediate family. It would be interesting to see how she acts towards her family and what she is like with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I can imagine that she's one of those grandparents/great-grandparents who is interested in their grandchildren/great-grandchildren and wants to know how they are at school or other aspects of life, what they like doing in their spare time, etc (I once read that she talks to Prince Harry a lot about social media).

Or, I would also like to spend forty eight hours with Queen Maxima, just going to a café to have a chat. She seems like a very interesting royal and she is one of my favourites. She also seems very likeable. I think forty eight hours with CP Mary would also be interesting; I'd love to see her ball gowns and I would ask her things such as was it easy adjusting to a Danish lifestyle as she had known the Australian lifestyle before she married CP Frederik, how fast did she pick up and learn the Danish language (because she seems to speak it quite well, but then again, she has been a member of the DRF for ten years now so that's kind of expected I guess) and about life in the DRF in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
You all have some wonderful reasons for spending time with your chosen royals

I am really shallow - I want 48 hours with CP Haakon because he's hot (I would like to talk to him about his Dignity mission etc) but mainly because he's hot.
I understand your reasoning. I would love to spend forty eight hours with Prince Carl Philip for the same reason.

Within the non-reigning houses I would love to spend forty eight hours with CP Alexander of Serbia, because he seems interesting and I would like to know what life was like for him in exile and how he felt about not being allowed to return to Serbia (and indeed how he felt when he returned). I think forty eight hours with the Duke of Vendôme would also be interesting as I would like to ask him about what he thinks is the general attitude towards royalty in France and if he ever thinks it would become a monarchy again (even though the latter is unlikely to happen it would be interesting to hear from the perspective of a French Royal), and other questions about what he does.

With children, I would like to spend forty eight hours with either Princess Estelle (then I could also spend time with CP Victoria who is another one of my favourites) or Prince George (or even better, the two of them together, but that will probably never happen). I would bring my little cousin to meet Prince George because I have a feeling they would get on well together as they sound very similar (of course this is just based on what I have read when it comes to Prince George) and they are also a month apart in age (in some places they resemble each other too, we've always said that my little cousin should be a Prince George look-a-like). Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia as well as King Philippe and Queen Mathilde's children would also be cute to spend forty eight hours with IMO.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
If you could spend 48 hours with any living royal, kids included, and participate in any royal event such as banquet, royal visit, ceremony or just shop and chill with, who would it be and why?

I would choose Maxima and going shopping because it would great fun I think.

Nope. But England is which I'd choose if I had too, allies and all, most solid history with the States, being where I am from. Lol. What I am saying is I wouldn't want to spend 48 hours with them. My reasons are common sense based. First the Queen isn't bound by any law in her country. Which is fine of course because she dutifully obeys laws, of course. For a 48 hour liaison, just to visit and have a cup of tea, you, your family, any and all known associations in the past ten to twenty or more years of any found and correlated would be heavily vetted, and all during the 48 hours. You'd never see them alone, there would always be an armed guard capable of removing or doing away with you at any time, whether by the royals or one of their uniforms. Before you even lift that cup of tea, lol. How is that not being treated somehow subhuman. Sip, sip, swallow. Cherrio. Right, then those tv shows where people pass out and wake up somewhere else? Not so ridiculous. While they might look big on tv, they are Royals. Just say they were like your own real family, welcomed you in and you had a nice time, left in one piece to tell the tale. Imagine a family of medical professionals, you blink, and there is a medical name for it and medical code if it's is done wrong. The way you speak, what you say, how it sounds, you guessed it, how you learn peeps through and psychology beams, really all it is to some people, medical science. Or on one of those days where the royals seem like anyone else, right, sure they do, but if they talk, some kind of secret might come out of their mouths from the time they were in their honorary military uniforms, it's like they never quit wearing, so don't expect much to be said and everything to be filmed. Sure they might be highly frustrated and love to welcome everyone with a handshake or even a hug, come visit, throw parties, feed the world and heal everyone in it, the unmarried of them sow some oats and settle for the biggest charity cases to wed with the most attractive features to them, but dna and intelligence has to pave the royal line. etc. etc. So did I wanna spend 48 hours having every blood test known to man, etc medical testing and fork over an egg for the royal line? Nope. lol. Not a chance in this universe. I am happily married too btw and wouldn't leave him for any crown . They do not have a thing in this world I want or that I'd want either to be the least bit curious for that heavy of a vett and I am real well rounded honest and obey the law with hardly any affiliations or otherwise known as acquaintances. However to prevent a 48 hour rendezvous like that, I am fairly certain it could get to a huge number of people quite quickly. I do though I like the royals. I do kind of wonder what would fall out the Japanese family tree, but don't go knocking because something big, tall and Buddhist monk or some kind of monk might fall out also wielding a medical degree that both might be impossible to quit looking at long enough to flee from personal captivation leading to asinine speculation I might regret. lol. Over on the Empress's side. I like Japan too. There is a cute little story about a duck, named Ping, children's book. I don't remember who wrote it. It could be like that on her side, kind of, huge, not much is written on her side. I guess I discovered the sole question I'd ask. But, I don't need to know.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
I like to spend it with the Duchess of Cornwall.

I want to know everything, starting with how her parents met, to what her grandmother thought of APB. I have so many questions. I would keep her there for 48 months.

I want to see pictures of her family, parents, grandparents, greatgrandparents.

I want a private tour of Clarence House and St. James' Palace including the private quarters and if she can sneak me into Buckingham Palace and give me a private tour I will be happy.

I want to know when she acquired each piece of jewelry and from whom.

Now if Queen Elizabeth II would allow me into her jewelry vault and a private tour of the royal collection that will be nice.

lol. Eventually she might just tell you a little story about her ex husband.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

lol @ the 48 months in bed one. She'd (?) wake up someone else I guess. Maybe she will spend that long, but, bedsores can be deadly.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

I would split the two days up. I would love to have lunch with Queen Elizabeth and talk about history. After lunch Prince Charles could show me his gardens and give me a talk on them In the evening I would dine then with Prince Williams and Kate.

The next day I would spent with Princess Tess and Prince Louis and just observe what they did for one day. They would set the schedule.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

I have four royals that I'd like to spend 48 hours with, But there is a part of me that thinks I'd be really disappointed and even shock with them when my time was up. Be honest if some of this princes and Sheikhs weren't wealthy or royal would girls even like them or want to be with them?? We only see them at events and pictures they choose to share, I have a feeling that they are total different people behind close doors. But there is a curious part me that would love to really see the side of them they keep hiding from us. It would be a fun 48 hours though even if I found out that royal was lazy, boring, or just mean person to everyone around them.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

For me, first 8 hours with Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie. I want to talk to her about everything. She's soo cute and I feel jealous of her,lol, because of how sweet she is! Next 8 will be with Queen Mathilde. Same agenda! And get to pinch her children's cheeks!
Remaining 32 hours will be with her nephew Joachim van België! I will try to stretch that 32 hours to forever for both of us. Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha xD
If we find out that it's a no-no for us to be together, I'll have him write a letter for me in the last hour we're together. Sure, I'll be giving him a letter, too! Whatever the contents are depends on what we want to tell each other
Old 05-30-2015, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

If I ever have the chance to meet only one for 48 hours I would like to spend two days with Prince Harry. If I had to choose a woman I think Crown Princess Victoria would be the most approachable...
Old 05-30-2015, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Letizia. I want to ask her about her Iraq experience as a journalist. I also want to know if considering her professional background, being a Queen is worth the sacrifice to personal freedom and independence.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've been thinking about this for a few and to be honest, I don't think there is an adult royal that I would actually want to spend 48 hours with. I know them from the media and their public lives but what do they get from 48 hours from me? UH.. must do 48 hours and be polite. Not my cuppa tea.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I want to spend with two Queens. Thirst Mathilde to see her in everyday life but would like more the Queen Elisabeth is in itself a living history. Amount things could you say about the foreign leaders she meet , for the war days and so many other things. 48 hours is very little.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:55 PM

If I could spend time with a single royal I would probably spend time with a single princess or heiress of some sort. I have spent time with a lot of royals and they seem down to earth and really knowledgable in many fields.