Which Royal Life Would You Like Turned Into A Movie?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
What's your opinion?
About which Royal Life should be made a film (if there doesn't exist one yet)?
Is there a special Story you would like to see as a movie?
:flowers:

I would love to see a movie about my favourite Royal Couple:

Sonja and Harald 's lovestory (a bit Cinderella like:rolleyes: )

Their fight for love and their final victory :rolleyes: ;)

Hakkon and MM - It's like a real Cinderella story with MM background etc...

Her_Majesty said:
What's your opinion?
About which Royal Life should be made a film (if there doesn't exist one yet)?
Is there a special Story you would like to see as a movie?
:flowers:
I would like to see HM Queen Elizabeth II's life be filmed.

I think a movie about King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie would be good. Such a story :flowers:

Not Royal, but truly a woman before her time and after Elizabeth 1st the most influential woman in Elizabethan England. I think that "Bess of Hardwick's story would make an amazing film.

I'd love too see the story about the beginning of the relationship between Felipe and Letizia, too see how they managed to hide their love!
Very interesting movie!

Except for the current film out on QEII (because of the drama involved)I am not in favor of any of the current royals having a movie made about their lives I think that is more suited to a documentry styled film or television show.The one I think would be interesting and dramatic is the life of Princess Margaret and her love her great love Peter Townsend and her marriage to Lord Snowdon and her family life and her life in the later years that is the one I would most want to see.

I think a movie about the life of Mette-Marit could be interesting.

I would love to see a decent movie on the Romanov family. I say this because the only two big ones, Nicholas & Alexandra and Rasputin were more about politics (N&A) and legends (R) than about the actual family. You can only tell who the girls are based on a single scene, and only if you have a previous knowledge of the family. I'd just like to see one that focuses more on the family and less on the politics and rumours and legends surrounding them.

I'd also love to see another film based on the lives of Queen Victoria and her children!

I would like to see something on Princess Lilian and Prince Bertil. Their love story would make a wonderful movie.

And one on Charles and Camilla. Partly because I wasn't happy with "Whatever Love means". :)

well since I'm a goner for sappy love films... :lol:

* Duke and Duchess of Windsor; their lifes before and after the abdication
* King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid of Denmark; I would love to see "him" directing an orchestra and "her" being the brilliant strategist she was
* Infanta Cristina & Iñaki: I mean, I know their lives almost by heart:lol: but I would have loved to be a fly in the wall when he proposed to her...:wub:
*CP Frederik and CPss Mary; the couple of the moment, I would like to know more of them as teens and young adults
* King Hussein and Queen Noor; their life together seemed so filled with bliss for both of them, and don't forget the situation Jordan is, so KH's life must have been pretty interesting

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

and in more "serious" matters...
*Anne, the Princess Royal; I would like to know anything about her:lol:, I mean, she's one of the least known "major" royals
* A trilogy or something like that about the Glücksburg dynasty from Christian IX to Frederik, Charles, Felipe, Haakon, Pavlos, etc

Last edited:
Penny Lane said:
Except for the current film out on QEII (because of the drama involved)I am not in favor of any of the current royals having a movie made about their lives I think that is more suited to a documentry styled film or television show.The one I think would be interesting and dramatic is the life of Princess Margaret and her love her great love Peter Townsend and her marriage to Lord Snowdon and her family life and her life in the later years that is the one I would most want to see.

I thought that had already been done! It's called "The Queens' Sister" and screens in Australia tonight. (Hear its rather risque)

I decided to watch 'The Queen's Sister' tonight as there wasn't much else on.

'Interesting' isn't the word that initially comes to mind :ermm:..no, I could use a much more descriptive word than that but I dare not say anything I normally wouldn't.

I am glade the creators made it known that it wasn't a movie based on facts!

I would like some movies about older royals. I fear that movies about the present day ones will be to sugary and sweet & won't be that interesting.

Some of the topics I would like to see filmed:

+ Life of Stadholder/King William III. Stadholder of the United Provinces who 'stole' the British crown from his father-in-law and who fought Louis XIV. The movie would start with the death of his father and I would like to see him standing at one of the windows of the inner-court in The Hague when he saw the mob tearing apart his teacher/ governor/enemy, the republican de Witt.

+ The fleeing of the Portuguese court to Rio de Janairo for Napoleons armies and the creation of an imperial capital there. Would love to see all the court intrigues, the crazy mother of the King and the horrible spanish wife who lacked every sense of tact.

+ The life of Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia, starting with her sisters wedding in England.

+ The life of Emperor Napoleon III, the uneasy marriage of hios parents, his moves on the political path, his rise and finally his fall.

+ The Mexican adventure of Archduke Maximilian and his wife Princess Charlotte of Belgium, who became Emperor and Empress of Mexico. The movie would end with the mad Carlota being visited by her sister-in-law, Empress Elisabeth (Sisi), who brought 2 big dogs to the castle where Carlota was lockjed up, as she knew Carlota was frightened of them.

+ The rise and life of Emperor Constantine the Great.

I would love to see a movie about Max and Angela of Liechtenstein or just the Princely House itself. So many secrets.

wymanda said:
I thought that had already been done! It's called "The Queens' Sister" and screens in Australia tonight. (Hear its rather risque)
I haven't seen it yet but I hope it was well done.There have been movies done on the Duke and Duchess of Windsor I never know who's side to take in thisn one-their's or the opposition.Interesting that since he had no children Queen Elizabeth would still have been Queen only it would have been 20 years later -had he not abdicated.I think there have bee films done on the Romanav's maybe not the defenitive one though hopefully that will come I think it's such a sad one to tell all those beautiful young princess' and the young prince.I do enjo reading and learning about them.Of course they have doen the movies on Anastasia but they are fictionalized accounts.

Beatrix & Claus of course...
It would be moving to see a movie about the life of Prince Claus...
His choice between marrying the love of his life or starting a career as a Diplomat in Africa...
Then being happy with his family and later becoming ill...
movie-material.

A Mette-Marit movie could be interesting or a movie about Máxima "from an argentine girl to the future Queen of the Netherlands"

We must wait a little to run a movie about Maxima! She is not yet a Queen, and she is waiting her third baby! It's too early to run a movie about her.We don't know if she could turn to be a new "Lady Di" (hope not! I wish her marriage to Prince Willem Alexander should be a perfect succes! :D ), so..not a movie yet, please!

My favorite female Royal to run a movie could be Farah Diba...but I rather like to see movies on dead persons that on ones who are still alive, for we can show a round judgement about them, then. It's the same for Queen Sofia of Spain. :rolleyes:

Vanesa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queens Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix of the Netherlands and Queen Salote of Tonga. All great monarchs and great personalities.

Last edited:
I think a film on the Shah of Iran would be interesting; although it would be important to maintain neutrality.

I would like to see a film of the royal family of Greece.

I'd love to see a movie about Queen Paola. Also one about Caroline of Monaco. And one about Astrid/Leopold/Liliane would be enthralling, I'm sure. Oh, and Stephanie of Belgium too!

I'd like to see one about Mary Donaldson and her courtship...and one that leaves plenty of room for multi-layered interpretations of her motives...

(no doubt, I'll get beat about the head for this veiled criticism! :rolleyes: )

I wouldn't be surprised if some television interests in Australia were already kicking this one around the proverbial office.

Since it seems to be a mystery as to how they met and how long they dated, I would love to see a story done on Mathilde and Philip. :flowers: (I know I spelled their names wrong, I always do, but you guys know who I mean!;) )

Mette-Marit and Haakon's story is something I would believe would make a great movie.

Maxima and W-A would be another interesting story to watch.

sesa said:
Since it seems to be a mystery as to how they met and how long they dated, I would love to see a story done on Mathilde and Philip. :flowers: (I know I spelled their names wrong, I always do, but you guys know who I mean!;) )

I would love to see who they would have play Mathilde. I actually want to see a movie made about the entire family. King Leopold & Queen Astrid King Albert & Queen Paola and their children and grandchildren.

But the family is so private that the chances of a movie of any kind being made about them are incredibly slim. But hey you can always dream;)

There are so many great stories of royals out there!

*Mette-Marit's life could be made into a Lifetime movie... it's Lifetime material I think, both love and loss, and they could add the sappy stuff.:lol:

*The Iranian royals just as the monarchy was falling apart would be very interesting to watch.

*Another Lifetime movie, Noor and Hussein of Jordan!

*Princess Grace's life is definately going to be a movie someday... it's just too interesting not to be. I think they should start it off Lawrence of Arabia-esqe, with her death first, or Ranier and the kids remembering her, then fill in her life.

What actress do you guys think could play Grace, or any of the other royals? I think Gwenyth Paltrow would be a good Mette-Marit, or if it was made in a few years, this new actress, Sara Paxton maybe could.

I'd love to see a film on the Greek royals, beginning when the 3 children- Sofia, Constantine and Irene, were young and thier lives in exile. Then leading upto Constantine becoming King so young and the final overthrow of the monarchy.

That for me would be interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom