The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

From what I've read here, King Michael of Romania had a MOST eventful life, at least up until his abdication. He was a real force, and "player" as they say. His story would be interesting on film, especially filmed in the exotic landscape of Romania, in the royal buildings there, and other unique structures, which Prince Charles loves. Charles owns a wee cottage there, so he can visit at ease. He loves it that much. So I read anyway, with a picture of his cottage. (it's really small enough to be called a cottage.)

Old 02-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Aristocracy

I would like to see filmed:

Life of Elena, Queen of Italy and Albania and Empress of Etiopia;

Life of Giovanna, last Tsaritsa of Bulgaria;

Life of Astrid, Queen of Belgium;

Life of King Umberto II and Queen Marie José of Italy;

Rita Hayworth and Prince Aly Khan' lovestory, it's like a real Cinderella story;

A decent movie or miniseries about Queen Marie-Antoinette of France and Catherine the Great.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Majesty

I'll be fair and say that I quite dislike films about royals because even if they try to be truthful most of the producers/ directors can't help themselves introducing gossip or invented scenes... Documentaries are the best IMO
Old 03-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I would like to see a film of Princess Charlotte of Wales and her spouse, Prince Leopold.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

'The Heroine of Gaeta - Maria Sofia, Queen of the Two Siclies'. There was some old Italian one about her husband, but her life has everything for a great movie.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-22-2015, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Seems like the only movies being made about royalty (at least in the US) are about British royals. Think it would be interesting if a movie was made about Prince Daniel and CP Victoria, how they met, etc.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'd like to see a movie on George V and Queen Mary.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Commoner

I would like to see a movie on the ruling family of Dubai. Haya and Mohammed just so I could know whats going on with that monarch behind closed doors lol.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I also want a movie or book on the relationship of Victoria and Daniel from start to now.
I want a book on Queen Silvia to learn how she endured becoming Queen of Sweden, im sure there are some in Sweden but I'm not there.
Would like to learn more about Leichenstein (sp) the people and the royal family.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-10-2018, 02:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the future I'd like to see a book or movie of P.Charlene and the Grimaldi family "The true story" And i undecisive whether it would be a sweet Hallmark or Disney movie or an episode of Feud

In the distant future though...
Old 06-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Are you talking about living royals, or royals of the past ? If you go back in history, there are so many interesting royal lives that it is difficult to pick one in particular.

Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth I seem to be the two historic royals who have been featured the most in movies and TV series in the English-speaking world. For some reason, however, there has been a surge in interest recently in the 16th century (and late 15th century) and we got lots of TV series and movies (in English and other languages) focusing on characters of that period like: Henry VIII; the Catholic Kings of Spain (Ferdinand and Isabella) and their successors (Charles I / Charles V and Phillip I); Catherine de Médicis and her children (Francis II, Charles IX, etc.); Mary, Queen of Scots, and so on so forth. The Bourbon kings of France (Louis XIII, Louis XIV, Louis XVI and, to a lesser extent, Louis XV) also get a lot of airtime and, in the process, we sometimes also see the Stuart kings of England, or William III of Orange for example.

Personally, I would like to see a movie (in English) about Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, later King Karl XIV Johan of Sweden. I am also interested in the life of Isabella II of Spain (she appeared briefly as a child in Spielberg's Amistad, but the movie was not about her).
Old 06-10-2018, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I think the life of Catherine de Médicis is very deserving of a movie ,her husband & children with the exception of Margot are all but largely figures.

The Confessions of Catherine de Medici: Book Trailer

Old 06-10-2018, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

Personally, I would like to see a movie (in English) about Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, later King Karl XIV Johan of Sweden.

There was DESIREE, starring Marlon Brando and Jean Simmons.
Michael Rennie played Bernadotte.

(I'd like to see one about Catherine Medici that didn't portray her as an evil poisoner).
Old 06-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I also think Pedro II of Brazil definitely deserves a movie that is accessible to an international audience. His biography(in Portuguese), As Barbas do Imperador, by the Jewish-Brazilian historian and anthropologist Lilia Moritz Schwarcz is very interesting, especially considering that the author is left-wing and not a monarchist as far as I know.