Which Royal Life Would You Like Turned Into A Movie?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The two stories personally I would like to see very much are:
1. King Hussein and Queen Alia
2. Haakon & Mette-Marit

I´d love to see a really good movie about Charles and Camilla...
Also interesting: Beatrix and Claus, Rainier and Gracia Patrica

I´d love to see a really good movie about Charles and Camilla...
Also interesting: Beatrix and Claus, Rainier and Gracia Patrica

Charles and Camilla, maybe with Diana in it too would be very interesting and dramatic!

A god film about the Shah of Iran should be fine. And a nice, very long serie should be wonderful too.I wish they could make some good film on Nasser-ed-Din Shah Qajar, the story is worthy to see, even if there is a murder at the end...Ugh. :neutral:

Another nice film to do, will be one about Queen Victoria and a GOOD one about Nicholas II and his wife Empress Alexandra.

I like much more films about ruling Monarchs and not about our nowadays petit-bourgeois kings and queens. I like ACTION, DRAMA and people who faced difficulties in order to fight them.

Vanesa.

I'd love to see a film on the Greek royals, beginning when the 3 children- Sofia, Constantine and Irene, were young and thier lives in exile. Then leading upto Constantine becoming King so young and the final overthrow of the monarchy.

That for me would be interesting.

I was about to write exactly the same. :)
It'd be very interesting!

There are so many great stories of royals out there!

*Mette-Marit's life could be made into a Lifetime movie... it's Lifetime material I think, both love and loss, and they could add the sappy stuff.:lol:

*The Iranian royals just as the monarchy was falling apart would be very interesting to watch.

*Another Lifetime movie, Noor and Hussein of Jordan!

*Princess Grace's life is definately going to be a movie someday... it's just too interesting not to be. I think they should start it off Lawrence of Arabia-esqe, with her death first, or Ranier and the kids remembering her, then fill in her life.

What actress do you guys think could play Grace, or any of the other royals? I think Gwenyth Paltrow would be a good Mette-Marit, or if it was made in a few years, this new actress, Sara Paxton maybe could.

either Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, or maybe Kate Beckinsale with blonde hair?

I think the best would probably be Nicole Kidman- she's got the cool elegance that Princess Grace did.

Others

I would love to see a film on royals that are hardly heard about in the media. Such as the story of King Leka I and Queen Susan of Albania, especially about their life in exile in Africa and Susan's upbringing in Australia. I'd love also if there was a film about Crown Prince Naruto and Crown Princess Masako of Japan (although it would have to take a neutral stance). There are so many stories about overlooked royals that would satisfy a lot of curiosity, if only put into films. :flowers:

Last edited:
-Haakon and Mette-Marit's story
-Princess Caroline's life could be a great story(raising the Casiraghis alone,her love story with Prince Ernst..)

Since I am a sucker for biographies and documentaries about any royal and historic figure, I would probably love to watch a well done movie about any of the royals.
The operating word however is well done.
Since I can do very well without any of those silly b-movies that never get their facts right (anybody remember those horrid Charles and Diana movies Catherine Oxenberg anybody? Or worse even Fergies life? Shiver...)
I much enjoyed the recent "The Queen", so something along those lines, some credible and still entertaining biography would be great.

Would like to see a movie about Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier. I'm not too convinced about a film on Diana. Her life as already been like a fiction made of disasters, revelations and all. Choosing an actress would be very difficult IMO, and we all have already an opinion on her life. I wouldn't want Hollywood to make a blockbuster about her. Just to weird for me ...

We must wait a little to run a movie about Maxima!

I agree. I believe Máxima can provide us with much more interesting material with time. Besides the controversial wedding (her father's issue and so), I don't know what else we could expect to find out about her story in a movie. I mean, there hasn't been too much of a drama surrounding her story with W-A... it looks rather fairy-taleistic to me. She didn't struggle that much, and she's doing really well as a Princess. Maybe in a couple of decades.

As an early Sissi-fan (and absolutely dissapointed with the Romy Schneider's saga), I would like to watch a realistic movie about her. Showing her eating disorders, her true relationship with Emperor Franz Joseph...

I would love to see one on Edward and Sophie.

They are such private 'normal' people who keep themselves and their little girl out of the public eye - it would be nice to be a fly on the wall.

I really want to see a very nice and romantic movie about Claus and Beatrix. Optional I'm satisfied with a very good movie about other royals:flowers:

I would like to see Grand Duchess Maria Theresa because she has been through alot. From living under the rule of Fidel Castro to having to learn english and living in New York City, and then having to move to Geneva and then there is the meeting of Grand Duke Henri. And then to having beautiful children and living happily ever after.

My dream one will be Charles and Camilla but it will be very difficult.
The love stories of Haakon and MM, Federik and Mary, and Felipe and Letizia will be very modern romantic and great love stories.

Last edited:
I would like to see Grand Duchess Maria Theresa because she has been through alot. From living under the rule of Fidel Castro to having to learn english and living in New York City, and then having to move to Geneva and then there is the meeting of Grand Duke Henri. And then to having beautiful children and living happily ever after.

I totally agree with you. Love to see a movie of her live

I can't wait to see the love story of Elizabeth I and Prince Philip, but I think films like this will only start coming out when one of the two, if not both, meet their Maker, knock on wood.

I especially want to see a film from Prince Philips point of view, I think it will be very interesting, how he grew up, his poverty as a young prince, meeting Elizabeth, adjusting to royal life, royal support through the years, troubles and conflicts, growing old together, a long-lived life of love between the two.

Sounds good to me.

I would also like to see a movie about about the Queen and Prince Philip because they have been through everything and have stayed together for 60 years, but if their is one made it will probably be after they are gone.

Although I would love to see Felipe & Letizia's love story into a film I think Haakon & MM's story would be nice. Having MM's background and becoming CPss of Norway. I think it would be nice..;) It's like Cinderella!!:wub:

Like I said before, I think Haakon and Mette-Marit's story would make a good movie. It might be Lifetime material though, so people, especially women like my mother, who is obsessed with Lifetime (not that there's anything wrong with that) would really, really love it. Grace Kelly's life is going to be made a movie at some point. It's almost inevitable. I just hope that they do a good job with it.

It's a little too early for a Diana movie, but maybe in some years to come.

Queen Elizabeth II could have quite a few movies made of her from a few different points. We have "The Queen", which IMO was a wonderful film, which about the time around Diana's death, those crucial days. There could also be one made about her early rule after her father's death, the impact his death had on her and her rule etc.; her life with Prince Philip and their children and all of the drama involved (Diana and Fergie could be intricate parts of the film); even one about Prince Philip himself, his birth in Greece, having to get out, the actions of his parents (his father leaving, mother being institutionalized and then going to a convent), the death of his sister and her family, his life in the Navy, marriage, etc., or one of these points. He really has had an extremely interesting life.

Maybe a couple of years from now a movie on Diana focusing on her life than rather then her last year.

I too would love to see a movie about Princess Masako's life. It would be such a fascinating insight into the history, culture and politics of Japanese society. The gender issue as well as the [seemingly] great sacrifice she made would add such human drama.

I also would like to see a movie about Prince Phillippe of Belgium. It would be interesting to take a look at this quiet, shy, and awkward person whose fellow countrymen have such negative perception of. I would love to know/see how he plans to overcome this challenge, and his thoughts on his peoples' opinion of him. I have a sense that the prince is a complex character, and I find him quite mysterious. I would love to find out how he came to choose his wife, which turned out to be such a gift to him.

Mette-Marit and Haakon are also good subjects. There is always the class issue when royals marry commoners, but in this case Mette-Marit's background was almost impossible to overlook. I would love to know what kind of negotiations took place in order for her to be accepted not only by the family, but how Haakon pursuaded the government and secured Mette-Marit's position as future queen. I love Haakon - he made a leap of faith by refusing to conform and ended up a winner. I love this story!

Last edited:
+ The life of Empress Maria Feodorovna of Russia, starting with her sisters wedding in England.

I agree. It would be af great story but also very sad.

I would like to see films about Kaiser Wilhelm II,Queen Frederika,the King Don Juan Carlos I and especially that of the Queen Dona Sofia.Also big films about King Farouk the King of Egypt,Shah Reza Phalavi and that of his wife The Empress Farah,Emperor Hirohito,Queen Sirikit,and the Queen Dona Victoria Eugenia.Maybe a film of Letizia but I am not too sure.One about Mary would be interesting.

Although I would love to see Felipe & Letizia's love story into a film

I would love to see Felipe and Letizia's love story too:wub:... really lovely!!

I would like to watch a lot of royal lifes on screen for ex;
1.Late King Farouk of egypt mainly in exile,I watched many movies about him before exile but I think his life in exile was more interesting"divorce from his second wife,relationship with italian singer then a sudden death at age 45."

2.Late shah of Iran Mohaned reza Pahalvi with his three marriages would make an interesting movie.

3.Italian royal family from King Umberto and Queen Maria jose,the exile,the separation,marriage of VE and Marina Doria, the death of the king then the queen and the conflict bet. VE and his sisters,the conflict bet. the savoy and savoy-aosta ,this is realy an exciting story.

I would love to see a decent movie on the Romanov family. I say this because the only two big ones, Nicholas & Alexandra and Rasputin were more about politics (N&A) and legends (R) than about the actual family. You can only tell who the girls are based on a single scene, and only if you have a previous knowledge of the family. I'd just like to see one that focuses more on the family and less on the politics and rumours and legends surrounding them.

I'd also love to see another film based on the lives of Queen Victoria and her children!
The BBC could do it in many, many parts as both subjects are vast! :flowers:

My favourit is Charlotte Casiraghi. But she is only 21 years old. I admire Grace Kelly but I've seen a lot of biographies.
Maybe Princess Stephanie.

Or a movie about a very old royal family a few hundret years ago.

Back
Top Bottom