Which Royal Would You Be?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I think of a out-and-out aristocract, Crown Princess Mathilde and Lady Gabriella Windsor come to my mind immediately.
Given my age, I would like "to be cloned" into Crown Princess Mathilde. She may be not as visible and influential as Queen Rania, but she is the perfect Princess indeed. She does not polarise royal watchers as Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Letizia do sometimes. Her demeanour is dignified. At the same time, Crown Princess Mathilde exudes warmth and serenity that contributes winning affections of Belgians. Her fashion sense is a intricate melange of conservative classical pieces and edgy touches. Crown Princess Mathilde is effortlessly elegant in leopard prints and avant-garde jewellery.

Yes, I forgot to add Princess Mathilde to my list....she is lovely, regal and serene and recognized by many to be THE quintessential Crown Princess.

Her children look like cherubs, her husband apparently worships her. What a great life!

I wouldn't mind being royal as long as I didn't have to deal with obtrusive paparazzi. I also wouldn't mind being a royal who wasn't a crown princess (there would be less pressure). I guess if I had to choose, I would pick Marie of Denmark. She seems to have the least amount of pressure placed upon her.

Marie of Denmark. She seems to have the least amount of pressure placed upon her.
She is fresh meat as far as the paparazzi are concerned. Just take a look at the thread abou her fashion. Too bad I can't find a smiley with claws.:ROFLMAO:

Oh my.......Can you imagine if I were royalty and would come here and read about me???
Any way, I would have liked to be princess Masako. I'd embarass the whole household by running away as fast as I could, with my child and prince in tow........

Princess Margaret had a life, and wouldn't be Princes Margaret otherwise.:lol: She was a bada$$.

I would like to be one of the Bulgarian princesses. They have money, they attend the best parties, wear fabulous clothes and don't have to deal with paparrazi.

Yolande

I don't think I would want to be a royal because of the reasons stated above, the public expectation, protocol and lack of privacy would be something I would find difficult to live with.

If I had to choose though out of the current royal ladies, Queen Elizabeth II or Queen Rania. QEII has been a wonderful queen who has served her people well. She's lived through so much, the rise and fall of empires, political upheaval and social change. It would be incredible to be able to experience the huge changes that she has.

I think Queen Rania would be my other choice because like iloveroyals said she's a "here and now" queen. Sometimes Europen princesses and queens are perceived as simply women who cut ribbons and smile sweetly without having any real input. However, when you look at her agenda it's clear that she stands for some very important issues and is working to deal with them. Plus as a muslim woman I'm proud to see somebody who not only represents my own views but is helping to breakdown some misconceptions about muslim women at this difficult time.

what about royal male;)
personnaly if i have to choose i will choose Mohamed VI of Morocco, he is very high educated very smart and have great vision to improve his country i like his engagement for his country and ppl here,he is everywhere and all moroccan cities to him is the capitale of Morocco not only Rabat he can be in different cities the same day visitin projects or inaugrate others,you will never know when you can meet him it can be in street or in very popular neighborhood.....he transform Morocco to a big site to realize majore projects....everything move everything change,and the most i admire is his combat for women with alot of Law change for her(Family Code law of law of nationality,law of work...)he said that first stape to improve the society start with family especially women..it's not strange if we know that the most important/beautiful moment to him are those he spend with his wife and kids.

Being a Royal....

I would love to be a Royal, but preferably from history. Particularly Empress Eugenie of France, Empress Elizabeth of Austria (Sissi) or. Their lives were not perfect at all, but in those days there were no paparazzi to content with for starters. Also, I love the Gowns and Fashions of that era, so feminine, graceful and regal. In addition, "Royalty" had real Majesty and Mystique and was still revered.:angel:

Last edited:
good choice Angelique,I 'll do the same and choose the moroccan princess Zaynab an-Nafzawiyyat wife of the sultan Yusuf ibn Tashfin(from Almoravid dynasty),she was very good political adviser and she knews very well how to keep her husband heart only for her...
more inforlation about this Princess

Marrying into royalty:
I have to say Princess Angela von und zu Liechtenstein. Not that its any surprise.:rolleyes: Where I stand I like to see all the splender but not be a part of all of the pomp and circumstance. To be a member of that exclusive club and still have quite a bit of anonymity would be priceless.

Being born royal:
Crown Princess Victoria. Just to have the foresight to which direction she wants to venture as it pertains to the welfare of Sweden. She handles herself with class and dignity as seen through her official duties. But with all of the engagement rumors concerning her private life, I wouldn't want to be her as a single woman.:lol:

Marrying into royalty:
I have to say Princess Angela von und zu Liechtenstein. Not that its any surprise.:rolleyes: Where I stand I like to see all the splender but not be a part of all of the pomp and circumstance. To be a member of that exclusive club and still have quite a bit of anonymity would be priceless.
A colleague at Relay for Life told me about her and I hadn't been able to figure out who she was until you posted! Thanks! She is very pretty!

Russophile,
She is one of the best kept secrets of the royal world! I had no idea she even existed until a couple of years back when I stumbled upon her pic on Google. She is very pretty. But what makes her beautiful IMO is the fact that she is 50 years old!

50! Holy SCHNIKIES!! :eek: I have to go hit your neck of the woods to see that!
Her skin is GORGEOUS!!

To go back in history, for a male, I'd definitely choose Prince (or was it King ?) Albert of Belgium who ruled at the beginning of World War One. What facts I have read about him make him fascinating : the most well-rounded man of his era, reading a book a day, an excellent horseman, well-traveled, wise, fair, compassionate, charismatic, with real leadership skills, a kind of Renaissance man and very modern.

I'd also choose to be Marie-Antoinette, an odd choice given her fate, but from the biographies I have read, she too led a fascinating life, had to show amazing faculties of adaptation from her teenage years on, (sometimes not very efficiently), and grew in stature as events shaped her. Madame Vigee-Lebrun, who painted many portraits of her and apparently became a rather close friend, writes the most poignant things about her, showing her as full of self-knowledge (including her faults, or what were perceived as her faults at the time), and almost saintly toward the end of her life. If I had to go through the ordeals she endured at the end of her life, I'd like to exhibit the same dignity and nobility.

And Empress Josephine is another one, because, apart from her exotic beginnings, who wouldn't want to be loved with such madness as she was by Napoleon ? His letters to her are always cited in every anthology. To be loved beyond all measure and repudiated at the same time, that must be food for thought for a growing woman.

i want to guet married to a king to bring birth to royal baby king jalot like written in coran in the cow verses where my name is written .
i think if i marry son of king sultan saeed kabous it would be perfect to be mother of king jalot .

good choice Angelique,I 'll do the same and choose the moroccan princess Zaynab an-Nafzawiyyat wife of the sultan Yusuf ibn Tashfin(from Almoravid dynasty),she was very good political adviser and she knews very well how to keep her husband heart only for her...
more inforlation about this Princess

Dear Shrifia,
Thank you for this information. I have read up on Zaynab and I am intrigued to learn that Marrakesh was built as a testimony of Love to Her by Her Beloved. So Lovely...... Similar to Shah Jahan building the Taij Mahal for Mumtaz, his Beloved...... Ah, different times........

Angelique X:angel:

I'd also choose to be Marie-Antoinette, an odd choice given her fate, but from the biographies I have read, she too led a fascinating life, had to show amazing faculties of adaptation from her teenage years on, (sometimes not very efficiently), and grew in stature as events shaped her. Madame Vigee-Lebrun, who painted many portraits of her and apparently became a rather close friend, writes the most poignant things about her, showing her as full of self-knowledge (including her faults, or what were perceived as her faults at the time), and almost saintly toward the end of her life. If I had to go through the ordeals she endured at the end of her life, I'd like to exhibit the same dignity and nobility.

So true! The more the French will read, research and understand about Marie-Antoinette, the more they must feel sad about the treatment she received at the hands of the revolutionaries. She did not have it easy at all, as She was never really accepted being "L'Autrichenne" et all........
But She was a very elegant and refined Lady with copious amounts of courage and dignity...... Her last years are a testimony to that....
Would I be Her?? I am not sure that I would be able to handle Her fate with the same equanimity and courage...... On a superficial note: I LOVE the Pannier Gowns that were the Rigeure then.....:wub:

A:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be Grand Duchess Tatiana.Beautiful,intelligent,stubborn,talented,innovative.I would've found a way to stop the Bolsheviks from killing the family!

I would have to choose Queen Alix. Her husband cheats of her, two of her sons die and has QV for a monther in law. That one shows she had strenght. She was very witty and had a good since of humor and loyalty.

I'd be Grand Duchess Tatiana.Beautiful,intelligent,stubborn,talented,innovative.I would've found a way to stop the Bolsheviks from killing the family!

Well done, an interesting choice indeed! I am not sure that you would have been able to stop the Bolsheviks, but with your spirit who knows! :):flowers:

I would have to choose Queen Alix. Her husband cheats of her, two of her sons die and has QV for a monther in law. That one shows she had strenght. She was very witty and had a good since of humor and loyalty.

Yes, She was a wonderful and beautiful Queen indeed. She had a heart full of Love and compassion. Perhaps you might have heard of the story of the Elephant Man. The poor man was horribly disfigured by a rare disease that enlarged his visage and gave it the most horrible features. He was used in "freak" shows to earn some money for his keepers and was generally mistreated, scorned and ridiculed. Queen Alexandra came to know of this and visited the poor man secretly. Her loving & Divine heart was deeply affected and She had arrangements made to care for the man henceforth. He spent sometime in the Palace Grounds in fact......
The picture on my member front page is Alexandra because of this. How can one not admire Her........:flowers:

Current I would like to be Crown Princess Mary.

Way back when. Hmmm, tough one. How about Cleopatra? Queen Neferteri ( I know I spelled that wrong.) Queen Christina of Sweden?

Current I would like to be Crown Princess Mary.

Way back when. Hmmm, tough one. How about Cleopatra? Queen Neferteri ( I know I spelled that wrong.) Queen Christina of Sweden?
I believe there was a Queen Nefertiti and a Nefertari.
Anybody got a handle on that one?
Both were very important to history.

My pick would be Queen Rania. Maybe CP Mathilde. I'm a bit in a doubt there. They are both well educated, and from what I've learned, Queen Rania is very passionate about her work. CP Mathilde might be so too, but we get so little information about her in Norway, so it is not easy to make kind of a picture about her work.

It is very strange that the press isn't that much into the Belgian royal family, since the late Astrid was CP Märtha's sister. (CP Märtha, married to the man who became Olav V in 1957. He was then widowed.) So the Belgian royals are quite close relatives to he Norwegian royal family. We do get pictures now and then from Belgium, but I have to buy a Swedish magazine to see more pictures of them.

i got moulay rachid print on my finger with wish i pray and write i show on always with this finger to whom is stranger to royal highness prince moulay rachid .
i show him always persons who hurt my feelings because moulay rachid is prophet saint person .i dont love teacher after i write to eject my essays i dont love who eject my essays or writing because its very hard to write on .

Nefertiti.....

I believe there was a Queen Nefertiti and a Nefertari.
Anybody got a handle on that one?
Both were very important to history.

Here some info on "The Perfect One....Nefertiti"

Nefertiti Her name roughly translates to "the beautiful (or perfect one has arrived". She also shares her name with a type of elongated gold bead, called nefer, that she was often portrayed as wearing. She was made famous by her bust, now in Ates Museum in Berlin. The bust is one of the most copied works of ancient Egypt. It was attributed to the sculptor Thutmose, and was found in his workshop. The bust itself is notable for exemplifying the understanding Ancient Egyptians had regarding realistic facial proportions. She had many titles; for example, at Karnak there are inscriptions that read Heiress, Great of Favours, Possessed of Charm, Exuding Happiness, Mistress of Sweetness, beloved one, soothing the king's heart in his house, soft-spoken in all, Mistress of Upper and Lower Egypt, Great King's Wife, whom he loves, Lady of the Two Lands, Nefertiti'. who used the throne name Ankhkheprure Smenkhkare. Some schools of thought believe that Nefertiti ruled briefly after her husband's death and before the accession of Tutankhamun, although this identification is called into doubt by the latest research.
Nefertiti and her husband were known for changing Egypt's religion from a polytheistic religion to a monotheistic religion. They believed only in one god, Aten.
Nefertiti was also known throughout Egypt for her beauty. She was very proud of her long, swan like neck. She even invented her own makeup using the Galena plant As regards Nefertari:

Thanks A! :flowers:I found info. on Nefertari from Wiki that she was Ramesses II principal wife. It was interesting to note that she came AFTER Nefertiti and that she was related to Nefertiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom