The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Gentry

Which Royal is shy?

Well, after all, it must be hard to appear in public when you are modest or shy... And this public is not always comprehensive !

Several years ago I had a boss who I thought was a cold and inhuman person and to my entire surprise I recently discovered in a local TV interview that he, in fact... is oversensitive and shy !

So I was wondering which Royal is known to be shy and has to overcome this shyness

Old 08-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

I know that Princess Stephanie is very shy.

Also Charlotte Casiraghi.

And late Princess Diana at her firs years of Princess of Wales was very shy

Old 08-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Aristocracy

prince albert...
Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarahJoy View Post
Well, after all, it must be hard to appear in public when you are modest or shy... And this public is not always comprehensive !

Several years ago I had a boss who I thought was a cold and inhuman person and to my entire surprise I recently discovered in a local TV interview that he, in fact... is oversensitive and shy !

So I was wondering which Royal is known to be shy and has to overcome this shyness
As far as I know,HRH Prince William & the late King George VI are shy princes.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Serene Highness

princess aiko seems very shy. in some videos i get the feeling prince frederik, more so in his early years than after mary. definitely albert and steph and william. the shy di not so sure. the dutch princess little alexia seems shy, maybe its just next to her sister who's such an outgoing little princess. princess mette merit in the early years.
good question this morning farahjoy thanks
Old 08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

The Luxembourgroyals are quite shy imo
Old 08-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Nobility

King George VI was extremely shy.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I think both Japanese princesses are very shy.

Princess Mathilde is shy imo. But I don't say this with a bad meaning, not at all. I'm a great defensor or timity, it's a very rare characteristic nowadays.

I think Queen Sofia is a reserved person but not shy. The same I think about Princess Mary.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:33 PM

shy

I think prince Carl-Philip of Sweden is a very shy person, but on the other hand I think it works good on him. Many of us like shyness on persons because they are shy themselves.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Nobility

I dated a friend of Prince Albert's about 16 years ago. My friend Richard lived next door to the Jacques Cousteau's on the same cul-de-sac in Monaco and was a teen pal of Prince Albert and Jacques Cousteau's son. Richard even broke the Grimaldi palace ping pong table. Richard had a concern for Prince Albert when Albert was faced with anxiety (mostly with girls) because Albert would fall back into stuttering and stammering. Ric would mention how Albert's friends had to go talk to a girl before Albert would get the courage to speak to her himself.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles are shy people in nature. But I think they both have to overcome the shyness. Queen Elizabth II is successful in doing so, but Prince Charles gets better afte these years.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

King Harald was (and I guess he still is) a very shy person.
There was a lovely story:When Harald first met Sonja Haraldsen nothing really happened. Some times later he called her and asked if she would mind joining him to an army ball because he thought she was quite a nice person.
Sonja later said she was amused and she thought it was really charming that someone Royal like (then) Prince Harald was so shy.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is a very shy person
Old 08-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Nobility

Queen Juliana was very shy and I read that she found speaking in public a painful task. I sometimes get the impression that Queen Beatrix is a bit on the shy side.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Queen Beatrix is definately shy. She doesn't like to be the center of attention, which is rather difficult considering her position.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know why but when I look on Prince Hakkon I think he's shy like Mette Marit.
The same about Princess Eugenie of York.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Aristocracy

It runs in some familys its seems.

In the documentary "The voice of the Queen" Queen Paola tels that she was shy and King Albert was shy, so when they first met they hadn't very long conversations. It seems that some of their children and grandchildren inhereted this "shy genes".
Old 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The two youngest of the Brabant are shy. I don't know if Elisabeth is shy?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
In the documantary "The voice of the Queen" Queen Paola tels that she was shy and King Albert was shy, so when they first met they hadn't very long conversations. It seems that some of their children and grandchildren inhereted this "shy genes".
Is Astrid a shy Person? She seems reserved but not so shy as her brothers.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyne View Post
The Luxembourgroyals are quite shy imo
Someone who knew someone I know had met the GD Henri and apparently he is shy to the point of being awkward. Sort of funny really