Which Royal Has the Same Name As You?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Margaret Elizabeth but only because they're names from my family background. As a Child though I was always fascinated by Princess Margaret who was 16 years older than i. I think that started my great interest in the BRF and eventually the Russian royals.

Probably none. To my knowledge no Queen has had the name Lucy or Lucille and I don't know if any princess has the name (I don't recall seeing my name anywhere). Perhaps a French Princess centries ago was named Lucy. Lucy is a French name.

I do know that Charles II had a mistress whose first name was Lucy (I believe the last name was either Walters or Waters). One of the French Kings I believe had a mistress whose first name was Lucy. To my knowledge no current Kings, prince,heirs to thrones or nobility has dated or married someone with my first name. If I'm wrong, correct me.

My name is a variation of Maria. That would make both danish Princesses and any other royals who have a Maria-Version or really Maria as their name.

Sadly but not surprisingly I don't share my really given name with any royal, just the variations.

Last edited:
I share my name with ancient kings of Scotland, here are some hints:
Duncan
MacBeth
Beatrice
Margaret
William the Conqueror
William Rufus
Battle of Alne
Shakespeare
...does this ring any bells?

My first name is Sophie, so there are quite a few Royals (past and present) who I share it with.

As for my middle name (Myfanwy) there's no Royal that I know of.

Last edited:
My middle name no royal has but at least two royals (one a Queen) shares part of my middle name. My middle name could be used as a nickname.

I think the reason my first name is not used is that women who have shared my first name have been rebellious against authority. Or questioned authority. Or were non-conformish. My first name is now quite popular in Scotland and England, but no royals have named their daughters Lucy. When someone does, I will celebrate.

My name is a variant of Olga, the name of several Russian grandduchesses and it's also one of the names of princess Alexandra (of Kent).

I share my names with many royals, from the past to today. And I bet there will be more little princesses with these names. ;)

My first name is Sofia, so there is for example Queen Sofia and Infanta Sofia of Spain, from the British royal family Sophie, Countess of Wessex and many other royalties were or are named Sofia, Sophia, Sophie. For exemple, one of Princess Josephine's (Denmark) names is Sophia.

My second name is Elisabet. It is the Finnish form, without the H as in Elisabeth or Elizabeth. I think I don't have to name some female royals with this name, you all know them. Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II, Queen Mother, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and so on. Elisabet is also a popular second name for royalties.

I just love my names, but they are really popular in Finland, especially for people in my age (17). Sofia is a popular first and second/third name and Elisabet(h) is a popular second/third name.

I don't think there are many royals named 'Daria', which is my first name, but there are several who are named 'Mary', or 'Maria', which is the name I chose when I became Eastern Orthodox Christian.

So, some of my sort of name sakes are:

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia
Grand Duchess Maria (third daughter of Nikolai II)
Queen Mary (wife of George V)
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Lady Louise Windsor (I believe 'Mary' is one of her names)

Considering that I have the names Catherine, Mary and Elizabeth - I think I am well covered.

My son's name contains William, Edward and Alexander and my daughter's contains Elizabeth, Alexandra and Anne.

We have many family jokes about this - but, we were all named for our own ancestors and family members.

I'm Canadian but my distaff heritage is Scottish: Stewarts from some obscure branch - the family wears several of the Stewart tartans. It's Irish through the male line where our only claim to fame is we're in William's Domesday book :).

I don't think there are many Molly's in the Royal family history, but my middle name Jayne has a few. Jane Seymour being the main one, though spelt differently.

I dont share my name with any royals that I know of (Amanda) but my two grandchildren names are Juan and Isabella. Juan is very boyish and Isabella very girly, like a little princess!!!

No "real" royals have the name Jonathan, but some wanna be Italian Prince is named Jonathan, If only I was John Like I wanted to be!! -_-

Hmmm...are there any royals who share the same name as mine? My first name is "Rhys" and my middle name is "Raphael". Can anyone tell me?

I don't think there is any royal named Rhys; as for your middle name Raphael, you share it (at least) with the Brazilian Prince Rafael of Orléans-Bragança.

I don't think there is any royal named Rhys; as for your middle name Raphael, you share it (at least) with the Brazilian Prince Rafael of Orléans-Bragança.

I also found out that there is another Royal whom I also share the same name of 'Raphael' - Prince Nikolaus Ferdinand Maria Josef Raphael of Liechtenstein. Thank you very much! :flowers:

I have both princesses of Denmark and many people have this name as 2d or 3th name :) Mary is a great name!

I don't think I share my exact name with any royal, but it's a short form of Margarethe/Margarita, so there would be Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Princess Margaret (Queen Elizabeth's sister) and Margarita of Romania, for example.

Last edited:
My brother's middle name is Rainier, so he shares the same name of the late Prince Rainier of Monaco.

My Mother's Name Is Elizabeth - She Shares It With The Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Elizabeth I.

My Second Cousin's Name Is Diana - She Shares it With The Late Princess Diana.

My Great Uncle's Name Is Michael - He Shares It With Prince Michael Of
Kent.

Another Great Uncle's Name Is Albert - He Shares It with Prince Albert - Queen Victoria's Husband, Prince Albert ''Bertie'' - Later King George VI.

My Grandfather's Name Is Mark - He Shares It With Captain Mark Philips - Princess Anne's 1st Husband.

Last edited:
My second name I share with Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway.

No, my name is not royal, but it is aristocratic/noble. If you read the poem Arcadia, you will know. The name was invented for that poem. It currently isn't a popular name.

Last edited:
My name's origin is welsh and derives from the name guenivere, as in the wife of king Arthur. I also have the name Olga, which was a common name in the Russian royal family: Olga constantinova, Olga nikolaievna(NII), Olga nikolaievna (NI)..
Yey plus my last Name comes from a Nobel family in Spain that existed ling ago but not anymore.

my name is marianne and my middle name is eva i dont know any royals with my name but my name is french i think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom