Which Royal Has the Same Name As You?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I share my name with the Count of Bardi, Lord Severn, the Duke of Orleans, a couple of Kings of England in the past, six Kings of Scotland again in the past and the late Duke of Madrid.

I share my name with an old Duchess of Devonshire, as far as I know.
There might be other royal women with my name that I'm not aware of, of course.

I share a first name with at least three of our former queens: Catherine of Aragon, Catherine Parr, Catherine of Braganza, and a middle name with our present queen and her mother.

Since my second name is Alexandra, I share names with the British queen Alexandra, princess Alexandra of Luxembourg, former princess Alexandra of Denmark, Ingrid Alexandra of Norway and princess Caroline's daughter Alexandra of Hannover...

My full name is Catherine-Amelie, so I share my name with Princess Catharina-Amalia, P Willem-Alexander's and Maxima's daughter. :flowers:

(My first name is just Drew, but I'll let it slide.)

Andrew:
The Duke of York
Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark (Prince Philip's dad)
Prince Andrew of Yugoslavia, son of Alexander I
Andrew I (1046-2060), II (1205-1235), and III (1290-1301) of Hungary
Edward VIII had all four patron saints of Great Britain in his name, and Andrew's one of them

Alexander:
A guy who conquered everything from Athens to the Indus (and two other Macedonian kings)
Alexander I (of War and Peace fame), II (Tsar Liberator), and III (Nicholas' overbearing father) of Russia
Three kings of Scotland, including the last one before Edward Longshanks started invading
Alexander I of Yugoslavia
And many many princes as well as the Alexandras/Alexandrinas

I have a pretty royal name come to think of it.

I share my names with Anna of Austria, Sophia of Spain and Catharina the Great. Not a bad lot.......

But I was actually named after my greatgrandmother.

My name is Desiree. Desiree of Sweden

One of my middle names is Gloria, same as Gloria, Princess of Thurn und Taxis.

My name first and middle name is Lucy Beth. I don't think any royals have this name. I don't recall hearing about any royal who has or has had the first name of Lucy.

The only royal I know has Lucy in her name, is the Duchess of Kent (Katharine Lucy Mary).

my true name is Elisabeth Ann, because my mother loves our Queen Elisabeth of England and my second name is Ann the name of Princess royal Ann

I don't think there has ever been a royal with the name Riley :(

A fried of mine is named after Princess Diana, because she was born in the year of Lady Dis wedding with charles, and her mother become a diana fan after the wedding.

And if i had a daughter one day, i would give her the name Eleanor(after Eleanor of Aquitaine) because i really adore her.

My name is Eleni Aliki (in England,France etc they have Alice for Aliki and Hélène/Helen/Helena/Elena for Eleni) so i share my name with many Princesses.

My name is Annamarie - so Queen Anna-Maria of the Hellenes and Princess Annemarie of Bourbon-Parma, the wife of Prince Carlos, The Prince of Piacenza, the eldest son of Princess Irene of the Netherlands.

My name is Abra Christian Isabelle.

Although not a royal, I share my first name with Abra of Poitiers, a nun and daughter of Hilary of Poitiers. She lived from 343-360 AD, and is a Saint of both the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church. Her feast day is December 12th. I suppose Sainthood qualifies as the closest thing to royalty a woman can be in the Catholic Church. ;)

As far as royal names.. I share one of my middle names with Kings Christian I-X of Denmark, and the other with Isabelle of Hainaut, wife of Philippe II of France; Isabelle of Angouleme, wife of King John of England; and Isabelle of Valois, wife of Gian Galeazzo Visconti... to name a few.

If I were scraping the barrel...Lord Nicholas Windsor and one of the Belgian twins. Ha.

None shares my name but my future child will be Alexander or Sophia Victoria so he/she will :)

No royals share my name, either. However, my name is an invented one that became popular only in the 20th century. I do share my name with an English noble lady, tho.

Last edited:
i dont think i share my first name "cátia" (or Kathia/Katia/Cathia depending on the country, but it has the same spelling) with any royals.

but instead my middle name, Sofia, has many royal connections. i dont even need to mention them:)

my father is João (many kings of portugal) and my mother is Ana (theres many too). My maternal grandmother is Teresa Maria and my aunt is Maria Teresa, they share the name with the Grand-dutchess of Luxemburg

The last High King of Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom