Which Royal Has the Same Name As You?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any royals with the name Felicity? :confused:

Margaret is my birth name, so there are quite a few. Other than Princess Margaret, I also share my name with one of my favorite royals of the past, Queen Margaret of Scotland, later Saint Margaret.

My second name, Christina, which I prefer, I share with Infanta Cristina. I'm sure there's many other royal ladies with that name since it seems to be a popular name in many royal family geneologies.

my name is Sarah so I share it with Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei and Lady Sarah Chatto, daughter of Princess Margret. And I think Diana had a sister anmed Sarah? And also Sarah Ferguson. umm...My middle name is Marie. there's Marie-Astrid...and I can't really think of anyone else.

My names are Therese, Marie, Elizabeth and Ann. So I share names with a lot of royal ladies as well.

Well, my name is Alejandro José so I share my first name with several Czars of Russia and my second name with some Austrian Emperors.
Wow! I'm beginning to feel important! ;)
Take care and thank you for all the interesting threads in this forum!
Alejandro

My name is Angela and I believe that was one of the Queen Mother's names.

My mother told me she named me after a Princess Michelle...but I do not know of any Princess Michelle's...??? Anyhow, my middle name is Irene...so there is the Princess Irene of Greece, Queen Sofia's sister. :)

My first name is Georgia & I don't think that there are any royals with that exact name, but there are 2 Georginas - Fürstin Georgina (Gina) von und zu Liechtenstein, mother of the present Fürst; and her great-granddaughter (I think) Georgina "Gina".

I guess you could say I share my name with a lot of monarchs & princes - George/Giorgios/Georg - all the same name.

My middle name is Kathleen, which is a version of Katherine/Katharine, etc...lots of sharing in that name!

galuhcandrakirana said:
You also share name with princess Angela of Lienchenstein:). Btw which queen mother do you refer to?

I believe she was referring to Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. One of her middle names was Angela.

My name is Farah, so i share my name with the most beautiful, Empress Farah Diba.

My name is Louise, I am not sure how many royals I share my name with but I know there is a few.

I don't share my name with anyone.

My brother shares his name with Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg ....

It is such a pitty that although my name is the most popular name in Greece, there was never a prince named Ioannis. But taken that it's actually John, I suppose it's the same with King Juan Carlos? Please somebody confirm this :(

My name's Gisella, so I share my name with some noble ladies from the past like Kaiserin Elisabeth's (Sisi) daughter, and other princesses from the Middle Ages...

My full name is Christina Maria, but please call me Christina or Kicki. But anyway, there have been many royal Christinas and Marias (or Marys and Maries). Only here in Sweden, there have been two princesses Marias married to Swedish princes, one married to future king Karl IX in the 16th century and one to prince Vilhelm in the early 20th century, and queen Maria Eleonora, who was married to king Gustav II Adolf in the 17th century. Not to mention king Karl IX's second wife queen Christina and their granddaughter queen Christina in the 17th century. Even my sister Gunilla Margareta (called Gunilla) is the namesake of king Johan III:s second queen, Gunilla Bielke, and of queen Margareta Leijonhufvud in the 16th century, crown princess Margareth and princess Margareta and all Margaretas, Margareths and Margaretes in the royal families. Our brother's ful name is Johan Stefan, but he's called Stefan. Johan is the equivalent of all Johns, Jeans, Juans, Giovannis and Ivans out there, and there have been many kings and princes with those names, haven't it? There should be some Stefans too. Our father's ful name is Johan Bertil Adolf, but he's called Bertil. There we have Johan again, and we used to have a prince Bertil over here in Sweden. Adolf has also been a popular royal name in Sweden and Germany. Our mother's ful name is Kerstin Margareta. Kerstin is a Swedish form of Christina, and I have covered that, and I have also covered Margareta.

But being in love with Michael Jackson, I want to ask you: Has there even been a prince or king Michael anywhere?

Furienna said:
My full name is Christina Maria, but please call me Christina or Kicki. But anyway, there have been many royal Christinas and Marias (or Marys and Maries). Only here in Sweden, there have been two princesses Marias married to Swedish princes, one married to future king Karl IX in the 16th century and one to prince Vilhelm in the early 20th century, and queen Maria Eleonora, who was married to king Gustav II Adolf in the 17th century. Not to mention king Karl IX's second wife queen Christina and their granddaughter queen Christina in the 17th century. Even my sister Gunilla Margareta (called Gunilla) is the namesake of king Johan III:s second queen, Gunilla Bielke, and of queen Margareta Leijonhufvud in the 16th century, crown princess Margareth and princess Margareta and all Margaretas, Margareths and Margaretes in the royal families. Our brother's ful name is Johan Stefan, but he's called Stefan. Johan is the equivalent of all Johns, Jeans, Juans, Giovannis and Ivans out there, and there have been many kings and princes with those names, haven't it? There should be some Stefans too. Our father's ful name is Johan Bertil Adolf, but he's called Bertil. There we have Johan again, and we used to have a prince Bertil over here in Sweden. Adolf has also been a popular royal name in Sweden and Germany. Our mother's ful name is Kerstin Margareta. Kerstin is a Swedish form of Christina, and I have covered that, and I have also covered Margareta.

But being in love with Michael Jackson, I want to ask you: Has there even been a prince or king Michael anywhere?

From the ones who are alive there is the ex King Michael of Romania, Prince Michael of Kent, Prince Michael of Greece...

There were some royal Michaels then! I just hadn't heard about them! Thanks!

i just had to share this...my sister used to have a classmate named Juan Carlos, and his surname was de los Reyes. his middle initial was M. so his full name is Juan Carlos M. delos Reyes. talk about being namesakes with King Juan Carlos. i was beginning to think his middle name was Majestad! hee hee :D :D ;)

Forge1985 said:
I believe she was referring to Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. One of her middle names was Angela.
Since I don't follow BRF closely I didn't know the late queen mother's full name. Thank you for your information:).

My name is Elizabeth so I have many royals with the same name as me. My name is very similar to the Queen's name. Her name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Mine is Elizabeth Marie Henry. I also share the last name of Henry with Prince Harry, Henry Charles Albert David!

I was born a few days before Queen Elizabeth II acceded to the throne. My middle name is Elizabeth in honor of her.

My name is Laurence, so I share a name with two Belgian Royals.

Prince Laurent of Belgium has the same name, but his is the French version.

Prince Lorenz, Archduke of Austria-Este, also now a member of the Belgian Royal House.

...JuAnItA... said:
My name is Joana. I share it with Joana, wife of Henrique IV of Castela; her daughter Joana, Princess of Castela; Juana (La Loca) Queen of Castela and Infanta Joana of Portugal.
I share it also with Jeanne d'Arc.
And one more:
the newest granddaughter of Queen Beatrix! :D

I associate my first name with Petrarch :D but then I'm a big silly geek.

Laura would be the feminine of Laurent and Laurence, and it's a root of Laurentien.

I share Elizabeth... well, pick one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom