The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quite interesting topic.
IMO CP Mathilde is a kind person, she was described by her husband as very joyful and agreeable.
Albert of Monaco is said to be kind and tolerant, the same as his sister Stephanie. Their mother, Pss Grace was very kind person.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 03-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I think Princess Mary, Madeline and Mathilde. "M's"
Prince William, Frederik, Joachim, Albert and Haakon.

I would love to meet them, and find out.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Gentry

i think, frederik, haakon, felipe, martha louise, mathilde and william have a good character
Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Gentry

Good character: Elizabeth II and Princess Anne
Prince William no IMO
Old 03-29-2009, 03:33 AM
Courtier

I'd go for CPss Mathilde. She seems nice.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 AM

I am surprised not to see Queen Fabiola mentioned here. She is a very kind person (though no doubt she has her moments) and she is supposed to have great sense of humour.

Princess Mathilde is a kind person, and I'm sure Prince Philippe knows how to crack a joke, if only the camera's are not pointed at him.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

Maxima, Mary, Marie, Victoria, Fred...I would love to hung out with them :)
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Nobility

ithink Maxima & Mathilde and Quenn Sofia .
Old 04-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think this thread really should be 'who has a good personality', which would be what you're discussing ...happy, sense of humor, etc. 'Good Character' would be who is an upright, honest, truthful, moral, hard working person.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Serene Highness

The princess that immediatly comes in my mind is Maxima.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Nobility

I'll certainly give a nod to Queen Fabiola, I have always admired her, and I think the Duke of Brabant seems to be a very good man with strong principles.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I think this thread really should be 'who has a good personality', which would be what you're discussing ...happy, sense of humor, etc. 'Good Character' would be who is an upright, honest, truthful, moral, hard working person.
I agree with your "take" on the meaning of good character -- a person can be very happy and have a good sense of humor but no morals or honesty. All that aside -- I believe the Royal with the most character is Queen Elizabeth II.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

good character:
Queen Elizabeth II
King Charles Gustav of Sweden
Queen Sonja of Norway

sense of humor:
Queen Elizabeth II

Queen Beatrix
Princess Maxima

easy going:
prince frederik
prince haakon
princess mette-marit
Old 08-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Elizabeth has good morals and strong character.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Courtier

I think this is a hard question to judge because it's hard to know what they're all "really like;" however, I do think there are some royals from whom we definitely have evidence of good character. I would include:

Queen Margrethe of Denmark - yes, she always seems like a nice person and a good Queen, but I think one of the most striking things about her character is something she did in the 1960s that isn't often talked about or even widely known. Back when then-Crown Prince Harald of Norway was dating Sonja Haraldsen and King Olav was refusing to accept her as a suitable bride, Margrethe made an effort to befriend Sonja and encourage her through the long years of waiting. Sonja once said that she wouldn't have made it without Margrethe's support. I think it says a lot about Margrethe's character that she was so willing to reach out to Sonja when she was nobody.

Princess Astrid of Norway - she's hardly ever talked about today and no longer has a very significant role in the NRF, but from her mother's death in 1954 to Harald's marriage to Sonja in 1968 she served as the country's First Lady. She was only 22 when she started but she was always remarkably dedicated to her duty, and she continued to work hard for Norway even after she fell seriously ill four years later.

Queen Anne-Marie of Greece - I admire how dignified and strong she's always been through events that certainly weren't what she planned or expected for her life. She seems to have done an excellent job with her children, who seem very functional and normal in spite of circumstances that were quite chaotic at times.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Aristocracy

How interesting Maura, indeed I have never heard about this story about Queen Margrethe. But now I think that she got it from her mother. Indeed Queen Ingrid was the one who helped and supported the then young queen of Sweden Silvia about how to be at ease with her royal function and life.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

I think QEII,Queen Anne Marie, Princess Maxima, Princess Beatrice, Zara Phillips, Prince Andrew,Princess Stephanie.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=QUEENECE29;914439]A very difficult question. Because we do not recognize the true meaning, but in front of press and public attitude...

I agree it's a difficult question ! I think that Princess Diana was really good woman with a lot of qualities and then Prince William and his brother Henry !
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 09-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would like tho believe that they all have good characters.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Nobility

I believe that The Queen and Prince William have good characters. Princess Diana certainly did - look at all the wonderful work she did for those less fortunate than herself and how it's rubbed off on her sons.