The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I'd opt for the Lux royals. They seem to be nice and happy, and seem to live fairly quietly.

The family I'd least like to join is the Belgian one or the Japanese (not due to the Japanese royal house itself, but that Imperial Agency).

Old 10-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Nobility

My heart is in . . . You guessed it . . . "Denmark" one of the nicest families.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 10-11-2015, 05:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Unless we could get a royal family to move to Australia I don't want to join any RF as I don't want to leave the best country in the world.

Plus I would really hate being judged for my clothes hair etc.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I agree with you. I certainly would not want to leave my own beautiful country for this and only this I would say the Greek RF.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Majesty

Hmmm...let's see.

More $$ than I could ever spend in one lifetime. Beautiful seaside palaces and villas in a moderate Mediterranean climate. Beautiful people everywhere. Access to the most delicious cuisine and first rate clothing designers. Very little crime. No homeless.No taxes. No pesky press or public nagging me about how much work I do or don't do or how much money I spend.

And speaking of "work"...nothing more strenuous than the Grand Prix or charity balls...ever.

Yes you guessed. I wanna be a GRIMALDI sooo bad!!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't want to leave Australia either. I would say one of the Scandi monarchies, but I don't think I'd be able to stand the long harsh winters.

It would have to be a stable country and one where you could relax quite a bit. The Luxembourg Royal family looks very nice, especially the Grand Duke and Duchess, Henri and Maria Teresa.

It's a pity Italy is a republic. I think it would be lovely to live in Rome or Florence in an ancient palace.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:21 AM
Majesty

I have to agree that the Luxes have it pretty good. The country is tiny, lovely and relatively prosperous. The RF is not on the radar of the international paps, so along with their considerable wealth they can also live in privacy. Their marriages seem stable and happy, and scandals are few and far between. They behave(publically anyway) with the dignity expected of their rank. The press is respectful.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:23 PM

the United Kingdom. I wish Austria still had a monarchy. Would love that!

Hmm, decisions, decisions
Old 11-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

French any day! Non-reigning all the better.

I really can't choose for a reigning. I wouldn't want to be trapped in a goldfish bowl. Worse possible fate imo. No life. So given that bias, maybe Luxembourg.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:05 AM
Majesty

We think so much alike at times it's unnerving, Lady N!

As a lifelong Francophile, I'd adore to be a member of their (defunct) Royal family...and no, I also could not deal with living under a constant microscope or fishbowl.

The Luxes have got it made, imo.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:26 AM
Courtier

Ahh, this is an interesting thread! I've read through the earlier posts and moonmaiden23 and Lady Nimue, you've got it spot on! Monaco just appeals to me on all levels! I have always loved everything French and in particular the South of France. And even better if you could be a Royal and have a strong French connection.

And it is also one of the main reasons why I like P Charlene so much. To me the love story of P Albert and Charlene Wittstock reads like a modern day fairy tale. In reading through the older threads when their relationship first started, I noticed that very few gave her a chance of surviving and making it in Monaco. Now, 10 years later, she has largely silenced those critics and is much loved and admired by most.

I don't know too much about the Luxembourg family, but I agree that they seem like a happy and stable family, are not overly criticised and run a successful and prosperous country.

But my second choice as a Royal family would be the Dutch or Belgian. Whereas Q Maxima has brought some oomph! to the family, Q Mathilde seems always perfect, calm and level headed. Also both have wonderful traditions and ceremony like the British have, but I enjoy their more relaxed approach and demeanor better.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
We think so much alike at times it's unnerving, Lady N!

Quote:
As a lifelong Francophile, I'd adore to be a member of their (defunct) Royal family...and no, I also could not deal with living under a constant microscope or fishbowl.
Great minds........

Quote:
The Luxes have got it made, imo.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Ahh, this is an interesting thread! I've read through the earlier posts and moonmaiden23 and Lady Nimue, you've got it spot on!
We are a club!

I am averse to the built-in aspect of some royal families, like the BRF. Was just reading a thread where the children Prince George and Princess Charlotte were having their formal adult work life being assumed and plotted out (understandably so - unless William changes things big-time by their time, which he might). I felt claustrophobic just reading about it. Not anything I would wish on myself.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

The Dutch, the Netherlands is a liberal country, and the royal family also seems to hold those views. The members of the royal family all tend to be well educated, and have been able to find work or continue working in fields that interest them, not only be active in royal representation, but still participate in major royal events. I would want to continue working with something I like doing, and perhaps be able to do things and/or help people in a practical manner, and not be just a royal representative.