Which Royal Family Would You Marry Into?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My own! I would want to be the one in charge. :D

If I can't start my own, then the Danish. Because I absolutely adore Queen Margrethe.

You'd have to pay me an insanely large amount of money to be a part of the BRF. I reckon Camilla must really, really, love Charles!

Well, maybe we can both be adopted by the Danish RF,I like all of their members- at least the people that I know and read about! I adore Margarethe and the young royals are very down-to earth and kind-spirited as well,they seem like a really "normal" and nice family.Also,I have been on holiday in Denmark and I must say it is a very nice country with friendly people & good quality of living.

I also agree with what you say about the BRF,not all of the jewels and treasures or money they have at their disposal would make me want to join that family! They are probably nice individuals and I can feel empathic with the younger generation for they are similar in age,but the whole press circus and constant harassment by the paparazzis and interest in my private life would soon drive me absolutely insane.Also I would not like to join the Japanese royal family and become Masako No.2,they are one of the strictest royal households that I know!

Some other nice and friendly family seems to be the RF from Morocco and Jordan,they have a rather liberal/modern mindset compared to other Arab royals and live a life like many Europeans do-only I would need to learn some Arabic,but I learn languages easily:)

Luxembourg. Why? They seem emotionally functional, although I know they sometimes have emotional problems like everyone else, like Josephine Charlotte so depressed on her wedding day to Jean. The BRF seems more than half non-functional emotionally. If I could belong to the functional half of the BRF that would be good. Like being in Edward and Sophie's corner, and a few other less well know British royals' families. Yes, I'd appreciate living in those nice places and having invitations to the Royal Box at cultural events. Would I fit? yes, but I'd have to practice greater diplomacy.

I know it sounds odd, but I can also add to what you wrote about the many qualities of Luxemburg:They have some of the best butter croissants I ever tasted in my whole life!
Really,I only drove through Luxemburg and stopped for a breakfast,but this one remained in my memory for a long time-it is now 7yrs ago:D

Also about the Luxemburg RF-they are educated,sophisticated and live a normal life-they have very little scandals and don´t show off or party and celebrate themselves all the time.Very hard-working,modest and humble people,a good role model IMO.Furthermore I am absolutely in love with Stéphanie and Guillaume,they always make my heart sing when I see them,such a precious love and so nice and level-headed people,both of them!

I would love to be part of the Brazilian Imperial Family. They don't have a Throne, but they know how to act more regal than members of some reigning Royal Houses.

Well, who knows, maybe after retirement I can start my own country and Dynast. Like Prince Roy of Sealand.

For work..To be a "real" royal...British
For a cool life..maybe Lux..

I don't know if you could pay me to put up with what the British royal family puts up with from the press. Even the tiaras wouldn't be worth it.

I think I'd want to be part of Denmark's royal family, if only because Margrethe seems like such a cool lady.

I would love to be part of the Brazilian Imperial Family. They don't have a Throne, but they know how to act more regal than members of some reigning Royal Houses.

Well, who knows, maybe after retirement I can start my own country and Dynast. Like Prince Roy of Sealand.

Can you give us some information about this royal family? I didn't know that in Brazil there was monarchy. Maybe in the past

Can you give us some information about this royal family? I didn't know that in Brazil there was monarchy. Maybe in the past

Of course I can.

Brazil was a Constitutional Monarchy from our Independence, in 1822, until it's overthrown, by a military coup d'état, in 1889.

Historians agree that, during the Monarchy, Brazil was one of the greatests countries in world. One of the most developed, with a strong currency, the third most powerful Navy in the world, the first American country to have telegraph cabes in conection with Europe, one the first countries to use telephone, the second to use postal seal. I could keep saying wonderful things about the Brazilian Monarchy for years.

Emperor Pedro I reigned from 1822 until his abdication, in 1831. He gave Brazil the best Constitution we ever had.

After, Emperor Pedro I's abdication, his son, Pedro II, became Emperor, but he was only five years old. There was a Regency. During that time, there were lots ao riots.

In order to stop with the riots, in 1840, Emperor Pedro II was declared an adult, and he started to reign de facto at the age of 14 and half. He's reign is considered as the Brazilian Golden Age.

The Monarchy was overthrown because of two things: Emperor Pedro II's successor would be his daughter, Princess Isabel, and the politicians were not very happy with the prospect of a woman sitting on the Throne (Princess Isabel was even in favour of women's suffrage). And because, during her Regency, in 1888, Princess Isabel put an end at slavery in Brazil.

The Republic was proclaimed by a small group of militaries from Rio de Janeiro (then, Brazil's capital), backed by farmers who were angry after losing their slaves. The marjority of the population was in favor of the Monarchy. The Imperial Family had to be evacuated to Europe at dawn, because the new Republican Government feared a popular riot to bring the Emperor to the Throne.

During the first three decades of Republic, there were lots of riots against the Government. And the Republican Government responded murdering their opposers.

The Imperial Family was banned from Brazil between 1889 and 1921. And, from 1891 to 1988, be a Monarchist was illegal.

In 1993, there was a referendum, between Republic and Monarchy. Monarchy received 13% of the votes, because the Republican Governmet told a lot of lies and barred the Heirs to the Throne from appearing in TV.

Today, the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, and Brazil's de jure Emperor, is Prince Luiz of Brazil, born in 1938. 21% of the Brazilian are in favour of the Monarchy (the Republic here is a mess, with a lot of corruption), and the Monarchist Moviment is getting stronger.

Some links:

Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro I of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian Imperial Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclam...public_(Brazil)

Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home

Last edited:
Of course I can.

Brazil was a Constitutional Monarchy from our Independence, in 1822, until it's overthrown, by a military coup d'état, in 1889.

Historians agree that, during the Monarchy, Brazil was one of the greatests countries in world. One of the most developed, with a strong currency, the third most powerful Navy in the world, the first American country to have telegraph cabes in conection with Europe, one the first countries to use telephone, the second to use postal seal. I could keep saying wonderful things about the Brazilian Monarchy for years.

Emperor Pedro I reigned from 1822 until his abdication, in 1831. He gave Brazil the best Constitution we ever had.

After, Emperor Pedro I's abdication, his son, Pedro II, became Emperor, but he was only five years old. There was a Regency. During that time, there were lots ao riots.

In order to stop with the riots, in 1840, Emperor Pedro II was declared an adult, and he started to reign de facto at the age of 14 and half. He's reign is considered as the Brazilian Golden Age.

The Monarchy was overthrown because of two things: Emperor Pedro II's successor would be his daughter, Princess Isabel, and the politicians were not very happy with the prospect of a woman sitting on the Throne (Princess Isabel was even in favour of women's suffrage). And because, during her Regency, in 1888, Princess Isabel put an end at slavery in Brazil.

The Republic was proclaimed by a small group of militaries from Rio de Janeiro (then, Brazil's capital), backed by farmers who were angry after losing their slaves. The marjority of the population was in favor of the Monarchy. The Imperial Family had to be evacuated to Europe at dawn, because the new Republican Government feared a popular riot to bring the Emperor to the Throne.

During the first three decades of Republic, there were lots of riots against the Government. And the Republican Government responded murdering their opposers.

The Imperial Family was banned from Brazil between 1889 and 1921. And, from 1891 to 1988, be a Monarchist was illegal.

In 1993, there was a referendum, between Republic and Monarchy. Monarchy received 13% of the votes, because the Republican Governmet told a lot of lies and barred the Heirs to the Throne from appearing in TV.

Today, the Head of the Brazilian Imperial House, and Brazil's de jure Emperor, is Prince Luiz of Brazil, born in 1938. 21% of the Brazilian are in favour of the Monarchy (the Republic here is a mess, with a lot of corruption), and the Monarchist Moviment is getting stronger.

Some links:

Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro I of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabel, Princess Imperial of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prince Luiz of Orléans-Braganza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brazilian Imperial Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclam...public_(Brazil)

Casa Imperial do Brasil - Home

Thank you so much, BrazilianEmpire!!!
I didn't know all this interesting history of brazilian monarchy. It' s a pity for your country how the things are today....

More thanks for the information on the Brazilian monarchy.

Definitely Norway because I think that family is lovely, especially Harald and Sonja.

Capri. Mariel.

You're welcome!

Yes, the things here in Brazil are really bad. But, as I said, the Monarchist Moviment is getting strong. Who knows, maybe my country will have a better future, with the Monarchy.

The Brazilian Princes and Princesses are wonderful people, they're really prepared to serve the people and the country.

Any questions about the Brazilian Monarchy and the Imperial Family, or about Brazil in general, just ask me.

Either the Luxembourg RF or Hawaiian RF. Luxembourg RF has money, they stay under the radar, i.e. no major scandals.

I love Hawaii and if I were a member of the Hawaiian RF that means I'd be living in Hawaii.

If I could be part of any royal family I would probably pick the Danish because Queen Margrethe seems so lovely and I would love to live in Denmark... My second choice (just to be cliche) would be the British, just because I could be.

My first choice would be MONACO. An unlimited clothing budget, palatial seaside castles and villas, a share in the best gene pool in the Gotha as far as looks are concerned, glamour up the wazoo, no disrespectful press and no surly taxpayers nipping at my heels at my lack of work ethic...I could go on endless holidays and fashion shows. The downside is that I'd probably have a miserable love life because that seems to the the Grimaldi lot. :sad:

Which leads me to my 2nd choice...LUXEMBOURG!!

Again, I'd have an unlimited clothing budget even though I'd have to be more conservative than if I lived in Monte Carlo. I'd have a seemingly close, warm, loving family. The international paps wouldn't harass me that much, so I could also have a modicum of privacy in addition to a truly luxurious lifestyle. And all the marriages in that family seem straight out of a fairy tale. Money, prestige, lucky in love...what more could a person want? :whistling:

You couldn't pay me to belong to the RF's of Britain, Spain or Belgium. What a nightmare.:eek:

Last edited:
I think I would choose the Norwegian RF. They seem like such a warm, friendly family and outside of Scandinavia there would be no real paparazzi issues like with the British RF.

Hmm...I'm not sure actually.

Each monarchy has good&bad points, so, if it were for:
- Close-knit family relashionship (I'd choose the Dutch Royal Family)
- Spotlight (I'd choose the British Royal Family)
- Glamorous (I'd choose the Brunei Royal Family)
- Dream Country (I'd choose the Japanese Royal Family because its my dream to live in Japan)
- Temperature&Climate (I'd choose the Spanish Royal Family, because its very similar to my country)
- Traditional (I'd choose the Moroccan Royal Family)

I like all the others as well, but this stand out in my opinion, but it doesn't mean they're my favourite Royal Families, because I love all of them, its just that some countries and their climate don't take my interest that much.

Fun question!

To have a taste of a glamourous jet-set lifestyle: Monaco
To have a taste of the work and the royal pomp and circumstance: Denmark

Either British, Danish or Luxembourg.

I think the Lux men are handsome, and that would be a plus. It will be interesting to see if Stephanie and Guillaume have a family as handsome as Henri's and Maria Teresa's. And then the handsome family of Sybilla--I think she's married to Prince Jean. Tessy and Louis look swell, kids are dolls. I thought Tessy's wedding dress was great, light and floaty like Princess Alice's. Don't like the heavy downward pull dresses for weddings. And Lux is very prosperous.

Archduke of Austria
Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria :imperialaustria::imperialaustria::imperialaustria:
Charity: Life Ball in Vienna

I would wed the Grofne. Grofne is Hungarian for Countess.

I'd like to wed a Grand PooBah, so I could be the Grand PooB-ette.

I would like to be born a princess of Denmark. Seems the most pleasant family to be part, I can relate with all of them, even the ones I dont really like, they seem real and modern people.

If not, Netherland. There seems to be the most pleasant royal family to be married.

If I were a man I would like to be a Japanese prince. Being a woman, I dont think would be pleasant life, but who knows? Japan has a beautiful and fascinating culture.

On the abolished families, I would like to be princess of Greece. If Greece were still a monarchy, it would be my first choice. Followed by Russia.

I would hate to take part of British, Spanish and Norway monarchy. And it would not be an unpleasant life, but the Monaco princes seems too trashy and not really classy.

As much as I like British royalty, it would be very difficult to be a member of their family. I wouldn't fit it (too rigid for me), and I would be constantly in the news for either doing something I shouldn't have done or opening my mouth (I can be very opinionated at times). They would be saying "What did she do or say now?" Me and Princess Diana would probably be good friends with each other.

I think either the Swedish or Norwegian royal families would be a better fit for me. There aren't so rigid and within reason I could do what I wanted to do as long as it wasn't embarrassing to the family.

The Luxembourg royal family has strong family ties which I would like. They are more conservative than I am which I could live with as they aren't the type of conservatives who go out and criticize those who aren't.

Definitely swedish royal family. Very much easygoing and I wouln't be in the press every day, nor would I be harassed on daily basis.

Unless we could get a royal family to move to Australia I don't want to join any RF as I don't want to leave the best country in the world.

Plus I would really hate being judged for my clothes hair etc.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Unless we could get a royal family to move to Australia I don't want to join any RF as I don't want to leave the best country in the world. And I couldn't cope without the "footy"

Plus I would really hate being judged for my clothes hair etc.

Back
Top Bottom