The Most Ideal Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ttrue but it is a well paid golden cage and they Do have more leisure than most of us and more money to do what they would enjoy, in thier free time. So i don't feel very sorry for them, if they have to suppress some fo their personality when they are "doing their job" in public.
Diana mostly did that, but I think that she felt gradually that it was harder to do, and that she did not want to live such a life. Some royals like Anne, well they're not going to give up the job, but they clearly dont like having to be smiley and gracious in public and dont try very hard to do that bit of thte job..

While it is true that some royal families do receive what is called apanages, with the British Royal Family, they do not get "paid" for doing what they do. There is the Sovereign Grant which provides for various things and with that, HM, The Queen covers expenses by royals doing engagements. Private income is provide for The Queen from the Duchy of Lancaster and the Duchy of Cornwall provides the private income for The Prince of Wales and his wife and sons and their families. For more information on where the money for the BRF comes from, how its spent and just how much they receive, there is an excellent thread that deals with all of this.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/royal-wealth-and-finances-9826.html

We are getting off track here from the topic of an ideal royal family. I do think there is more substance to these families than just the public lives and the engagements they do. To only look at their "public game faces" is a very shallow and unclear picture and can be compared to measuring the worth of anyone by the size of their paycheck. These are actual, real, live people and not just fishies swimming around in a glass fishbowl.

Yes we know they dont literally get "paid" but they are kept at public expense and the unspoken deal is that they give back to the community in return for their status and their income. There really is no need to link articles about royal finances...
There may be more to them than their public role, but that's rather intruding on thier private selves surely? I do feel that with some of the younger royals we get very little idea of what they are like "offstage", (Im thinking particularly of Kate and William). It would be nice to know a bt more about what they enjoy doing when not working, but there are limits. and in the case of Kate I thin that there isn't much to her, anyway...

I st
O

Victoria and Daniel are a love story for the ages. It wasn't an easy road to the altar for this couple but they endured it all and the emotions expressed as they married were a pure joy to watch. That honeymoon never ended either. As each child arrived, the glue that keeps this family centered is pure love.

Its not the job or the duty or the tiaras and the galas that make or break a royal. Some even find ways to express their passions through their roles. That is being true to oneself.
early days yet. Vic and Daneil haven't been married for very long, and who knows what their marriage is like in private.

[.....]
Victoria and Daniel are a love story for the ages. It wasn't an easy road to the altar for this couple but they endured it all and the emotions expressed as they married were a pure joy to watch. That honeymoon never ended either. As each child arrived, the glue that keeps this family centered is pure love.
[.....]

I had to call my dentist: all my fillings cracked because of the sugarcake above...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom