The Most Ideal Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbhrc said:
My most Ideal Family is also the Grimaldi Family. I really like them a lot, they aren't perfect, no family is actually. They have private and public problems but they can handle them.

Exactly what I was tryng to say - to me they're ideal because they have 'normal' conflicts & problems.

Royal or non-royal, is there such a thing as an ideal family?

We could also debate on whether these families we think of seemingly functional are actually dysfunctional. Meaning, the public is only allowed to see and hear the good things about them.

None of us really knows anything about the royal families of the world, what happens behind closed doors, their true reality; that is why they have PR people to keep the facade up.

Correct me if I am wrong.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Royal or non-royal, is there such a thing as an ideal family?

We could also debate on whether these families we think of seemingly functional are actually dysfunctional. Meaning, the public is only allowed to see and hear the good things about them.

None of us really knows anything about the royal families of the world, what happens behind closed doors, their true reality; that is why they have PR people to keep the facade up.

Correct me if I am wrong.

well i agree there are lots of things we dont know about different royalty that is probably very unflattering. but all in all i think especially with the media a lot of things do come out eventually.

and really, even the best actors in the world can't pretend to love each deeply if they dont for years on end.

for instance, seeing Maxima and WA together. you can just tell they love each other. i suppose if they secretly hated each other they could hide that and be civil and the public wouldnt know, but the real love that they have is obvious for all to see.

I think a picture tells a thousand words - the current CP couples are really in love, as pollyemma said - even the best actors can't fake that love.

I`d also say the Grimaldis...of course they aren´t perfect but they`re real, just a family. They seem so happy together!

My favourite family is the Spanish because they are all nice, close to the people and themselves and hardworkers; if you look carefully, they are very close to their extended families (Greek, Gómez-Acebo, Zurita, Urdangarín, Marichalar and Ortiz) and accept everyone in, for example, Elena really likes Menchu a lot and has spent time with her; Cristina&co go every new year's eve to Iñaki's birth house; they go together to all big events (christenings and weddings mostly) unlike other royal houses who doesn't invite all their families, when have you heard about an scandal in this family?.

In second place would go the Belgians, Mathilde and Phillippe are the star example of what a couple should be and the family stayed strong even after Albert's problems.

A normal family has its problems, I don't deny it; but problems shouldn't rule their lives like it does in the Grimaldi and Windsor families, scandal after scandal, their lives are worse than the tackiest soap opera and people is usually more focused in their messes than it is on their work for their countries which is kind of sad because they have lost a lot of respect, except for QEII because who would have stopped respecting her anyway?:) , she's THA Queen.

I think that the Royal Familys of Spain, Netherlands and Norway are examples for the most ideal royal family!
But i think that the Spanish Royal Family is the ideal because they are very discreet and they love to each other and they show it! I just adore them!! So i'm suspicious to say that! :D

...JuAnItA... said:
I think that the Royal Familys of Spain, Netherlands and Norway are examples for the most ideal royal family!
But i think that the Spanish Royal Family is the ideal because they are very discreet and they love to each other and they show it! I just adore them!! So i'm suspicious to say that! :D

Apenas salió la foto cambiaste tu avatar!!!:D :D :D

I would name ideal the Royal Families of Monaco, Spain, the Nethelands, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, UK (yes, I honestly think so!), Jordan... Who did I miss?:)

Either Norway , Denmark ,Sweden , Spain or Great Britian

Does this thread talks about who's the Ideal royal family??...or who's your favorite royal family??.It seems that a lot here have biases and reffering their favorite royal families as Ideal..my favorite royal families are the British, Monagesque, and the Spanish...however, I dont think that they are IDEAL enough...coz nowadays, its hard to live-up with the expectations of an ideal perfect royal family..I think divorces,scandals and other deviations from strict royal protocols made these families a not-so-perfect one..

Mahoogie said:
Does this thread talks about who's the Ideal royal family??...or who's your favorite royal family??.It seems that a lot here have biases and reffering their favorite royal families as Ideal..my favorite royal families are the British, Monagesque, and the Spanish...however, I dont think that they are IDEAL enough...coz nowadays, its hard to live-up with the expectations of an ideal perfect royal family..I think divorces,scandals and other deviations from strict royal protocols made these families a not-so-perfect one..

1.Divorces in Spain, ultracatholic monarchy? I honestly don't think so
2. I agree with you, I like the Grimaldi Family a lot because they are fun to watch;) , but I don't think they are a model family, far from it; so people should stop being biased and think rationally about this thread:D

I hope all of you don't feel offended by my post:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i think luxembourg and belgium....

I would have to say the royal family of Spain and Netherlands. They are close and there is alot of love. As for Great Britain they are a little disfunctional to be considered ideal in my opinion.

Kelly said:
I would have to say the royal family of Spain and Netherlands. They are close and there is alot of love. As for Great Britain they are a little disfunctional to be considered ideal in my opinion.

I totally agree with you!:)

Liechtenstein. When have they ever done anything wrong?

Hmmm...while I really like the Swedish royal family, they have their issues. For example, there have been four members of the family (Prince Oscar, Prince Sigvard, Prince Carl Johan, and Prince Lennart) who lost their titles because their marriages were not tolerated by the king. All of them were created Count Bernadotte of Wisborg in the Luxembourg nobility (who are closely related) because the Grand Ducal family didn't want their relatives treated that way. Now I realise that Sweden's monarchy is becoming more modern, but shouldn't they have gotten over things like morganatic marriages by now?

I personally prefer to think that the Dutch royal family is rather ideal, as they really do seem that way. Queen Beatrix seems very genuine, and never fails to light up a room the way the Queen Mother could. In the Netherlands it was rumoured that she didn't take well to Maxima at first, but it certainly appears that things have become better between them.

My runner up would be the Danish royals, who seem just as close.

The question, then, is how to define an "ideal" royal family. Are we looking for an ideal "Royal Family," or an ideal "family"? They are two very different things, and I'm not convinced that they can both be achieved at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me the ideal royal family is one that looks really comfortable and happy around each other. Because we are on the outside looking in we can't really know what's truly going on but the Dutch, Danish and Swedish royal families seem to always be so happy when they are together and it appears genuine.

I am new to any royal family but the British but from what I have read here, I really like the Royal family of Norway. I just love the way they have accepted Marius and Mette-Marit.

My personal opinion? I'm between two Royal Families: Spanish one and Dutch one...However, I think that the Spanish one is more of my liking than the Dutch.

Vanesa.

I don't think there is any "ideal family" anywhere. Call me a cynic but every family has its internal problems, squabbles and disputes regardless of whether they are Royal or not.

Little_star said:
I don't think there is any "ideal family" anywhere. Call me a cynic but every family has its internal problems, squabbles and disputes regardless of whether they are Royal or not.

Yes, I have to agree, but anyway for you which family is the most "normal" , the best-adjusted one?

I don't think a family without problems or scandals is the most ideal one, I think that should be a family where the members are most devoted to each other and love each other. I know families that seem normal and scandalfreel, but are very cold and don't really care about each other.
For example my family certainly isn't "normal" and we all have our problems, but in the end we do care and love each other, and I definitly wouldn't like to change with another, more scandalfree one.

crisiñaki said:
Yes, I have to agree, but anyway for you which family is the most "normal" , the best-adjusted one?

Unfortunately I don't know much about some of the RF's. I'd probably go with the Dutch, Spanish, Swedish and Norwegian Families, They all strike me as being the most "normal" and down to earth.

The dutch Royal Family. Also the Norwegian and Danish RFs. :)

To me most ideal family means family are seems to be the most normal. No normal family is prefect they have their problems from time to time. With that reasoning I'd say it's between Monaco and the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom