Your Favourite Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
España, of course :) And the Netherlands. I love Maxima, Amalia and Alexia

The Royal family of Jordan (and Qatar)

Monaco & Britain. These are usuallly the only ones that get press in the US. I have started to follow the Spanish & Danish royal families a bit since joining this forum. Also, I like Queen Rania of Jordan. She is very pretty & seems very smart.

I follow the Swedish Royal Family the most..i am absolutely IN LOVE with Queen Silvia! just love her!

The Benelux

Well, I'm a Dutchman.
Until 1890 Luxembourg was part of the Kingdom.
Until 1830 Belgium was part of the Kingdom too.

It is no wonder I follow the Houses of the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Belgium with the greatest interest.

My love lies with the Orange-Nassaus in the Netherlands and the Nassaus in Luxembourg. After all they are amongst the premier noble families in the low countries for more than 600 years. While the Saxen-Coburg-Gotha's of Belgium are in fact eh... 'intruders'.

But of course I respect them all equally.

:)

The Royal Family of Morocco and The Royal Family of Jordan. :flowers:

My favorites have been:

The British Royal family until Princess Diana's death

Monaco, when I was a teenager I was fascinated with Princess Caroline's glamorous life!! And then I met Prince Albert when I visited Monaco a few years ago

Now definitely it is the Spanish Royals, especiallye Felipe and Letizia

The Spanish Royal family is my favorite!

i follow:

the Spanish Royal Family (especially since we have TVE and i'm studying Spanish)
Jordanian Royal Family
the Danish RF, the Crown Princely Family in particular
the Dutch RF

and then the non-reigning houses. i like following and finding out what has happened to them. ;)

Last edited:
Lena said:
I have the feeling "top x"-polls are quite popular on TRF. That´s why I have thought, why not starting a new one. This time on Royal families as a whole. I know it is a bit unfair, when one has to judge a whole family for something one has done, but one can always try to find out the average...and some things affect the whole family (in a positive or negative way)
I would say all Royal, imperal, grand ducal or princely, ruling or not ruling families can be named. And if you want, add or name other categories.

Name the three best educated Royal families
1. The Japanese Royal Family
2. The Perak Royal Family (Malaysia)
3. The Johor Royal Family (Malaysia)

Name the three funniest (in the sense of good humour) Royal families
1. The British Royal Family
2. The Danish Royal Family
3. The Swedish Royal Family

Name the three Royal families, whose members really stick together
2. The Japanese Royal Family
3. The Brunei Royal Family

Name the three most quarreling Royal families
1. The Spanish Royal Family
2. The British Royal Family

Name the three most scandalous Royal families
2. The Monaco Royal Family
3. The Norway Royal Family

Name the three best looking Royal families

Name the three most charming Royal families:

Name the three most interesting Royal families:

Name the three most boring Royal families:
1. The Spanish Royal Family
3. The Luxembourg Royal Family

Name the three most traditional Royal families:
3. The Saudi Arabian Royal Family

Name the three most modern Royal families:

Last edited:
Europe -

Name the three best educated Royal families
1. Danish Royal Family
2. Belgian Royal Family
3. Spanish Royal Family

Name the three funniest (in the sense of good humour) Royal families
1. Dutch Royal Family
2. Danish Royal Family
3. Swedish Royal Family

Name the three Royal families, whose members really stick together
1. Danish Royal Family
2. Swedish Royal Family
3. Lexmbourg Grand Ducal Family

Name the three best looking Royal families
1. Danish Royal Family
2. Swedish Royal Family
3. Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family

Name the three most charming Royal families:
1. Danish Royal Family
2. Dutch Royal Family
3. Swedish Royal Family

Name the three most interesting Royal families:
1. British Royal Family
2. Danish Royal Family
3. Swedish Royal Family

Name the three most traditional Royal families:
1. British Royal Family
2. Danish Royal Family
3. Swedish Royal Family

Name the three most modern Royal families:
1. Dutch Royal Family
2. Norwegian Royal Family
3. Swedish Royal Family

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie said:
Hi everyone! Since I am new here, , I thought it would be interesting to see who your favorite royal family was! I have so many of them for different reasons!!! My first two that I pick are the royal families from Spain and Serbia, but as I have noticed over the years, there are many other royal families out there that hardly get talked about that are really interesting to read about! Thanks!
I adore the British Royal Family (BRF) the most especially HM Queen Elizabeth II as the BRF is a true,pure and natural royal.They always behave a royal anywhere and everywhere they go and do.They do not forget their class and standard.They keep in mind that "Once a Royal,Always a Royal".

Last edited:
Please don't just state the royal family you like the most but let us know why they are your favorite.

I Like the British Royal Family the most because of Britain Freedom reigns! Most ofl these other European Royal Families were forced to flee their countries and were exiled elsewhere during WWII and the island kingdom held the fort for the free world before USA came in to help in the war effort. Held up by the Grace of God, inspirational example of Kind George VI and Queen Elizabeth (later Queen Mum) and their indominable PM, the British in turn inspired the rest of the free world. I suppose it was the old fashioned values of the British Royal family that counts when it is crunch time. Definitely for me, the British Royal family, hands down.

Last edited:
Why 1560 ?

Mandrake said:
The Dutch royal family. They have been ´active´in the Netherlands sinds the 1560´s and are still going strong!

1560?

With the marriage between Lord Engelbrecht I of Nassau and Lady Johanna (Jehenne) of Polanen in 1403, the Nassaus acquired gigantic possessions in Holland, Brabant, Hainaut, Flanders, Utrecht and Zealand. Since then they were the richest and mightiest nobles in the Low Countries.

:flowers:

Last edited:
The norweign royal family !! they love and support each other total .

I like the Danish royal family and the royal family of Sweden! They are very harmonius families!
The Monegasque of course :) !

Monaco's Princely Family!!!
Mostly because they live in France.Belgium's RF is my second fav. RF.

the Spanish Royal family of course :flowers: A very warm and loving family, close to the people, friendly etc.

Here are mine in order:

1. Royal Family of Norway, they just seem like such a close knit family.
2. Dutch Royal Family, I love the girls, Amalia and Alexia. And Maxima is such an inspiration.
3. Royal Family of Belgium, I love Amadeo (suprise?) And all the kids

As you can see I follow the royals mainly because of the kids, I just love looking at them. Plus I love the history that goes with each royal family. Other families I follow are Sweden, Denmark, England and Spain.

The Royal Family of Norway:flowers:.
The look common and Royal the same time!

I adore the royal families of Spain and Denmark

I wouldn't say I adore them, but I like to follow the Monegasque family's adventure, as Princess Caroline used to be my double once upon a time...He,he,he!!!

Welcome Oldiebutgoodie to the forum, you will find wonderful people here. Also, being from the US, I didn't know a lot about the other royal houses besides the Windors, so have fun, this forum is great!!!!

This probably won't be a surprise either but I adore:
1. The Norwegian Royal Family!!!!
2. The Spainish Royal Family
3. The British Royal Family
4. The Danish Royal Family.
5. The Dutch Royal Family.

I adore the most, the Royal Families of Denmark and UK, both are the most ancient european royal families and you can notice it because they are so real and regal and classy, something that's heritage from their ancestors, the other royal families are just a mere copy of them (with all respect).

Saturn said:
I adore the most, the Royal Families of Denmark and UK, both are the most ancient european royal families and you can notice it because they are so real and regal and classy, something that's heritage from their ancestors, the other royal families are just a mere copy of them (with all respect).

Euh.... okay, of that is your opinion on the House of Windsor....

Real regal and classy Houses are hard to find these days. Maybe Sweden, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg?

I would have to say that my favorites are the Dutch and Belgian royal families.

Back
Top Bottom