Which Royal Doesn't Live Up To The Hype?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paragrpah 2: Denmark
Economy

Once essentially an agricultural country and still possessing a visibly rural landscape, Denmark after 1945 greatly expanded its industrial base so that by the 1990s industry contributed over 25% of the gross domestic product and agriculture less than 5% (Denmark's other traditional industries of fishing and shipbuilding have also declined). Financial and other services, trade, transportation, and communication are also important.
The main commodities raised are livestock (pigs, cattle, and poultry), root crops (beets, kohlrabi, and potatoes), and cereals (barley, oats, and wheat). There is a large fishing industry, and Denmark possesses a commercial shipping fleet of considerable size. The leading manufactures include food products (especially meat and dairy goods), chemicals, machinery, metal products (made almost entirely from imported raw materials, since Denmark has practically no mineral resources), electronic and transport equipment, beer, textiles, and paper and wood products. Tourism is also an important industry.
Denmark's main exports are agricultural and industrial machinery, teak and oak furniture, meat, fish, and metals and metal manufactures; the chief imports are machinery, metals, motor vehicles, and fuels. The country's leading trade partners are Germany, Sweden, Great Britain, and other European Union countries as well as the United States. Denmark suffered severe economic problems throughout the 1980s, and in the 1990s it had a high unemployment rate, large public-sector expenses, and a massive foreign debt. However, tight fiscal and monetary policies combined with an increasing export base held some promise of economic recovery.

Couldn't find anything about fashion, but textiles are listed after beer in the order of Demark's manufactures.

The Danish clothing sector has the potential to reach a foundation at the level of New York, Paris, Milan & London. Working in this field, and having travelled to Denmark in correlation to my occupation I can assure you that the fashion sector is thriving and will only continue to produce gross economic benefits.

In 2004, Danish fashion exports totalled approximately 2 Billion euro and that figure has since risen to considerable margins in reflection of incessantly improved productivity (higher consumer demand).

Incase you aren't aware, textiles and fashion is largely a correspondance to the other. The Federation of Danish Textile and Clothing is amongst the premier export oriented subdivisions of the economy and boasts a total export estimate of around 70% of the turnover.

With all due respect, it is clear that you don't know enough about the Danish fashion industry to make the assumption that the Crown Princess can better direct her endorsement.

Paragrpah 4: Letizia's weight speaks for itself. I truly wish her the best.

Again, letizia's weight is exactly that. There is nothing to suggest that the Princess has suffered from any eating disorder. Any suggestion that she has is purely built upon speculative tabloid trash. I'm sure many of us would join with you in wishing her much happiness.

I don't know, suppose I expect too much from royals.

Yes, it would seem that you do.

All the best.

Last edited:
It's a pity that "Letizia's weight" has become the topic of discussion, again, in yet another thread.

Rather than tossing purely speculative labels around, can we please move on.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Forums administrator

Quin said:
Sightings: Industry, trade and finance isn't a red carpet event. Royals will do just fine appearing at charitable and cultural events.

Fashion: Ok. Slave may have been too strong of a word.

Per Se - Trade - Disrespectful - Eating Disorder - Your Ears: Don't get me wrong. I like fashion too, I just don't think its should precede royal duties. The importance of fashion in Denmark's ecomony is born out by the numbers.

Royal Delegations & Trade: The US has done quite well as have many other countries that don't have a monarchy. China and India are quickly rising in the world economy with no monarchy.

All the best,

...not sure I understand what you mean by 'the importance of fashion in Denmark's economy is born out by the numbers'.

Quin, the mistake you - in my opinion - are making here - is that you keep looking at fashion only in terms of ...well fashion. I am talking about it as an industry - a serious, very serious source of income for Denmark as Madame Royale also pointed out. We don't sell cars in Denmark; we sell agricultural products, Lego and fashion!
It is the financial importance of fashion that has made Mary a patron. If Mary was a passionate butterfly observer, they wouldn't make her a patron of a Danish butterfly observer society counting 20 people. There has to be an economic, cultural or charitable approach to the patronages the royal family undertake; personal likes are not enough.

I couldn't disagree more about our statement 'Royals will do just fine appearing at charitable and cultural events'. Royals are supposed to work for their country, support their countries in whatever endeavour they make. As always, the economy is of huge importance. Culture is too, true, but to say that royals should be confined to only culture and charity is completely wrong in my view and puts an unnecessary restraint on many royals who are keenly interested in their own country's economy. It must be hugely satisfying somehow to know that even if you have a cerimonial position, your time and efforts make a difference. And it does make a difference; royalty sell - and all royals are used to sell their country - one way or the other.

Charlotte of Monaco.There is a lot of hype around her but she does not look interested in public life.Plus there is no scandals in her life so there is nothing "interesting" about her when it comes to the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom