The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 02-12-2007, 11:21 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 572
I for one agree with you LadyK. It is alright to have your own opinions. After all, that is why these types of forums exist. I think Mary is doing a great job at being CP. I always say, don't critisize someone until you've walked in their shoes. I know, none of us will ever be CPs but we will move to different countries, just as Mary has done. What will we do when we do move? Forget all that is back in our birth country? NO. Mary has done well. But I would like to know Aurora810, what kind of link is there between Mary and Australia? No offense intended.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 02-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
One more thing: I don't want people to think that I don't like Mary. I don't even actually know her so I can't say I don't like her. My only real complaint is the way that the DRF has "advertised" Mary. I realize the word advertise might not be the best but I hope people understand my intent. My hope for Mary is that she will continue to make both of her countries proud. She's in a very privileged position and I hope she uses it the right way. It just seems that one concern of the DRF's should be for her to not become overused image-wise and make sure that her image fits well with what she's doing. Example, the new haircut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
I for one agree with you LadyK. It is alright to have your own opinions. After all, that is why these types of forums exist. I think Mary is doing a great job at being CP. I always say, don't critisize someone until you've walked in their shoes. I know, none of us will ever be CPs but we will move to different countries, just as Mary has done. What will we do when we do move? Forget all that is back in our birth country? NO. Mary has done well. But I would like to know Aurora810, what kind of link is there between Mary and Australia? No offense intended.
Well, I meant exactly what you already said. I wouldn't expect for her to forget everything from her homeland. I sure wouldn't, even moving from one part of the U.S. to another I didn't forget my hometown and I drove all over at times just trying to find similar food to what I was used to. It's a natural link that one has to their home country, city, town, or whatever. It's natural!

I guess when I was writing originally I was thinking about the other royals that have married into royal families. I just have never seen such fanfare as I've witnessed for Fred and Mary. Maxima visits her homeland I've never noticed such fanfare. Yes, I'm sure she's the talk of the country when she's there but it just seems different than it has been with Mary.

Mary isn't the first or the only member of a royal family that is from a foreign country. As far as what I've seen it's just been very different for Mary and Fred. Maybe it's because in Australia they are used to the British RF and now all of sudden they are directly linked to a different country. Maybe it's a secret pact between the governments I don't know what it is but it's just different and there's such a major link between these 2 countries. I really believe that it's all a brilliant plan by the DRF's PR staff. They've recognized that Mary can be a goldmine for both countries.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Hey, Madame Royale, are we okay with what we were discussing I certainly don't want to make any enemies at the forums.
I have no enemies, Aurora810

Your point of view is your own and it is in the nature of good, healthy conversation that I asked you to elaborate. I do not question your opinion, rather, I challenge or differentiate between what is a singular perspective and what is evidently supported.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 AM
srivishnu's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Seremban, Malaysia
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I know there are polls about the "Best" and "Most Disappointing" Royal, but which Royal do you think least lives up to the hype surrounding them and why?
All European Royal Family do not live up to the hype as they are not as regal as the British Royal Family (BRF) especially HM Queen Elizabeth II.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 02-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu
All European Royal Family do not live up to the hype as they are not as regal as the British Royal Family (BRF) especially HM Queen Elizabeth II.
Perhaps not as internationally publicized
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 02-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 69
lalla salma the moroccan king's wife, I don't like he way to be in public, always very stressed, she doen't seem to know how to say, her way to dress is too flasy and don't suit a first lady
she doesn't have a lot of activity, she patronize only one associantion (against the cancer), when they are many things to do in Morocco
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-13-2007, 08:55 AM
madeleine victoria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cavite, Philippines
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
One more thing: I don't want people to think that I don't like Mary. I don't even actually know her so I can't say I don't like her. My only real complaint is the way that the DRF has "advertised" Mary. I realize the word advertise might not be the best but I hope people understand my intent. My hope for Mary is that she will continue to make both of her countries proud. She's in a very privileged position and I hope she uses it the right way. It just seems that one concern of the DRF's should be for her to not become overused image-wise and make sure that her image fits well with what she's doing. Example, the new haircut.


Well, I meant exactly what you already said. I wouldn't expect for her to forget everything from her homeland. I sure wouldn't, even moving from one part of the U.S. to another I didn't forget my hometown and I drove all over at times just trying to find similar food to what I was used to. It's a natural link that one has to their home country, city, town, or whatever. It's natural!

I guess when I was writing originally I was thinking about the other royals that have married into royal families. I just have never seen such fanfare as I've witnessed for Fred and Mary. Maxima visits her homeland I've never noticed such fanfare. Yes, I'm sure she's the talk of the country when she's there but it just seems different than it has been with Mary.

Mary isn't the first or the only member of a royal family that is from a foreign country. As far as what I've seen it's just been very different for Mary and Fred. Maybe it's because in Australia they are used to the British RF and now all of sudden they are directly linked to a different country. Maybe it's a secret pact between the governments I don't know what it is but it's just different and there's such a major link between these 2 countries. I really believe that it's all a brilliant plan by the DRF's PR staff. They've recognized that Mary can be a goldmine for both countries.
very well said. I think the problem is not with Mary but the way the DRF perceives Mary..they are the RF who is very good at PR...remember the consequence that Mary got when she posed for Vogue magazine? people put her in the pedestal... and she's worth billions for her country now! i'm actually afraid about the popularity Mary is receiving now...it WILL have its consequences...if I were Mary i would start having a much lower profile (although this can't happen bec the people are worshipping her like she's some kind of saint).. i think she should stop all those fashon engagements. it does not make any sense... she might as well drag her husband now and start acting like the future king!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
LadyK's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Oh, I never thought you were attacking me. If you got that from my opening sentence I didn't mean for that to be thought. I just used your question "Isn't that enough?" And then responded "that is enough". Meaning I understand all that Mary does and it is enough that thru her voice and the programs that she supports a child or parent can be saved. I didn't mean to be confusing. I love that we can all discuss different things about Mary. And look the DRF's PR team has worked just look at how much we have all discussed Mary in just the last few hours.
I'm glad you feel that way, Aurora810, and you just made me laugh!
__________________
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria
they are the RF who is very good at PR
I would really like to know how you know that?
Can you give any facts about how their PR system works and why it is better than those of other royal houses, like the Dutch, the Spanish.....

The fact that the DRF is very popular has not necessarily to do with good PR,
throughout history the Danes always have been very loyal to their royal family and the royal family didn't give them much reason to be discontent with them.

And the hype in Australia has probably to do with Mary being Australian.
I personally don't believe that the DRF has controll over the Australian media and the magazines' decision to put Mary on their frontpages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria
and she's worth billions for her country now! i'm actually afraid about the popularity Mary is receiving now...it WILL have its consequences...if I were Mary i would start having a much lower profile (although this can't happen bec the people are worshipping her like she's some kind of saint)
And what good would a much lower profile do for Denmark?
She is worth billions because she has a high profile.
I believe that's the right way for royals to "pay back" the taxpayers' money.

And who is worshipping Mary like a saint?
I don't think any Dane worships her like a saint.
Like Letizia and the other cps she has her adoring fans and she has her critics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria
i think she should stop all those fashon engagements. it does not make any sense.
Promoting Danish fashion fairs and industry which is the 4th biggest industry in DK doesn't make sense?
Perhaps you should inform yourself a little bit better.
http://http://www.mpdclick.com/mudpi...3652&listId=19
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Please let's keep the discussion civil. There is a way to debate a situation without being downright rude.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Maybe it's a secret pact between the governments I don't know what it is but it's just different and there's such a major link between these 2 countries. I really believe that it's all a brilliant plan by the DRF's PR staff. They've recognized that Mary can be a goldmine for both countries.
A secret pact?
Neither is the DRF able to controll the Danish media nor is the Australian government able to controll the Australian media.
The media has discovered that Mary can be a goldmine.
But I don't believe the DRF is happy with everything they write.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I guess when I was writing originally I was thinking about the other royals that have married into royal families. I just have never seen such fanfare as I've witnessed for Fred and Mary. Maxima visits her homeland I've never noticed such fanfare. Yes, I'm sure she's the talk of the country when she's there but it just seems different than it has been with Mary.
That is a good point aurora. The Argentines can be passionate people and so I asked an Argentinian member why Maxima didn't generate the same hysteria in Argentina that Mary did in Australia.

She explained that Maxima came from the upper classes and so a lot of Argentinians may not necessarily relate to her. Also Maxima's father was a politician who was linked to some troublesome times in Argentina's past so some people in Argentina may not like Maxima simply because of her father.

Whereas Mary is more from a middle class background, it was easier for Australians to think that Mary was the girl next door who became a princess and they delighted in the fact that "Our Mary is just like one of us" even though she is the toast of Denmark.

She is very popular in Denmark but I think for different reasons than she is popular in Australia. I do think the Danes are good at putting on a very chic and elegant appearance. The New Years Court and State Visits they host are very elegant and regal. Mary fits very well into that polished and chic appearance that the Danes like to give so if she was an actress, the Crown Princess role in Denmark is the perfect part for her.

The Aussies on the other hand are simply exuberant and insanely proud of their own and they like to let everybody know. I think Americans can be like that too.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
LadyK's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,957
Well said, Ysbel. Now I think I better understand what you and Aurora810 are saying, and yes, I agree that the press around Mary has been disproportionately large. It's interesting, actually, to look at it in this light-when you think about it, Mary isn't all too "unique" in comparison. She isn't the only pretty one (in many things I've read, it's between her and Letizia), she isn't the only international princess (Maxima from Argentina), and she isn't the only Cinderella story (MM wins the rags-to-riches crown).
I think maybe it's a combination of them, and that Australia isn't as removed from the monarchies as Argentina. There is just something about Mary. (now I'm channelling another movie...oi)
__________________
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
One more thing: I don't want people to think that I don't like Mary. I don't even actually know her so I can't say I don't like her. My only real complaint is the way that the DRF has "advertised" Mary. I realize the word advertise might not be the best but I hope people understand my intent. My hope for Mary is that she will continue to make both of her countries proud. She's in a very privileged position and I hope she uses it the right way. It just seems that one concern of the DRF's should be for her to not become overused image-wise and make sure that her image fits well with what she's doing. Example, the new haircut.


Well, I meant exactly what you already said. I wouldn't expect for her to forget everything from her homeland. I sure wouldn't, even moving from one part of the U.S. to another I didn't forget my hometown and I drove all over at times just trying to find similar food to what I was used to. It's a natural link that one has to their home country, city, town, or whatever. It's natural!

I guess when I was writing originally I was thinking about the other royals that have married into royal families. I just have never seen such fanfare as I've witnessed for Fred and Mary. Maxima visits her homeland I've never noticed such fanfare. Yes, I'm sure she's the talk of the country when she's there but it just seems different than it has been with Mary.

Mary isn't the first or the only member of a royal family that is from a foreign country. As far as what I've seen it's just been very different for Mary and Fred. Maybe it's because in Australia they are used to the British RF and now all of sudden they are directly linked to a different country. Maybe it's a secret pact between the governments I don't know what it is but it's just different and there's such a major link between these 2 countries. I really believe that it's all a brilliant plan by the DRF's PR staff. They've recognized that Mary can be a goldmine for both countries.
Congratulations for your excellent posts, Aurora810. It's good to see you managed to answer the numerous posts with so grace and goodwill.

I completely agree with your comments, also find Mary's "image" to be very manufactured and agree with your comments about the Danish RF's PR.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
I agree that the press around Mary has been disproportionately large
But the press coverage has only been (to the greater extent) large in Australia and Denmark. Sweden and Norway of course take an interest too some extent.

Quote:
The Aussies on the other hand are simply exuberant and insanely proud of their own and they like to let everybody know. I think Americans can be like that too.
Like Gracia, Princesse de Monaco or Wallis, Duchess of Windsor...I know that the hype (or interest) surrounding these two ladies in the States was enormous And that really was 'hype', in the true sense of the wold.

Mary has projected very little interest in the States or even England for that matter. She gets a mention in German gossip mags as much as anyone else and in France there's the odd drib and drab about the 'exotic' future Queen but the 'hype' has extended very little beyond (if at all) this continent and Scandinavia.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
That is a good point aurora. The Argentines can be passionate people and so I asked an Argentinian member why Maxima didn't generate the same hysteria in Argentina that Mary did in Australia.

She explained that Maxima came from the upper classes and so a lot of Argentinians may not necessarily relate to her. Also Maxima's father was a politician who was linked to some troublesome times in Argentina's past so some people in Argentina may not like Maxima simply because of her father.

Whereas Mary is more from a middle class background, it was easier for Australians to think that Mary was the girl next door who became a princess and they delighted in the fact that "Our Mary is just like one of us" even though she is the toast of Denmark.

She is very popular in Denmark but I think for different reasons than she is popular in Australia. I do think the Danes are good at putting on a very chic and elegant appearance. The New Years Court and State Visits they host are very elegant and regal. Mary fits very well into that polished and chic appearance that the Danes like to give so if she was an actress, the Crown Princess role in Denmark is the perfect part for her.

The Aussies on the other hand are simply exuberant and insanely proud of their own and they like to let everybody know. I think Americans can be like that too.
Yes, the American media sure can be exuberant. I agree with what you are saying. Mary certainly had a "girl next door" look that must have made tranforming her into the princess we now know rather simple. Thanks for the info about Argentina and another good point. Australia is well aware of monarchies and Argentina is not. Now it kind of makes me wonder if the Britsh RF is sitting their going "Oh, rats those Danes are getting too much attention, Australia is ours." Ha, Ha

A little rivalry between monarchies!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Congratulations for your excellent posts, Aurora810. It's good to see you managed to answer the numerous posts with so grace and goodwill.

I completely agree with your comments, also find Mary's "image" to be very manufactured and agree with your comments about the Danish RF's PR.
Thanks Little star! I felt I had a valid point to express.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
She was a very easy "girl next door" type that has been turned into a princess.
I'm not sure exactly what it is you mean here Aurora. In Australia, the term 'very easy' holds strong connotations of being overtly open to acts of a sexual nature.

Quote:
Now it kind of makes me wonder if the Britsh RF is sitting their going "Oh, rats those Danes are getting too much attention, Australia is ours." Ha, Ha
Haha...A fencing match between Elizabeth & Margrethe...now that would be an interesting sight.lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Perhaps she meant very similar to or very relatable to. I don't, or anyone else, believes she meant it as anything sleazy or negative, Madame Royale.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Perhaps she meant very similar to or very relatable to. I don't, or anyone else, believes she meant it as anything sleazy or negative, Madame Royale.
Well, unless one asks one can't be sure can one?

I'm not attempting to place a negative spin on this discussion as I felt you to have insinuated by saying 'I don't, or anyone else, believes...' GlitteringTiara's.

I merely made a point and was hopefull that Aurora would kindly (and she has been nothing but pleasant) reciprocate with a clarification of what it was, she infact meant.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Juan Carlos of Spain & Princess Sofia of Greece 1962 Julia Royal Weddings 127 07-06-2013 10:57 AM
Australian Royal Family Australian Royal Chit Chat 51 05-18-2008 08:57 AM
Royal Yachts hrhcp Royal Life and Lifestyle 22 08-01-2007 07:42 AM
Royal Toys Mandy Royal House of Norway 6 06-13-2003 12:51 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]