The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-14-2011, 07:48 PM

I'm Margaret Elizabeth but only because they're names from my family background. As a Child though I was always fascinated by Princess Margaret who was 16 years older than i. I think that started my great interest in the BRF and eventually the Russian royals.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Probably none. To my knowledge no Queen has had the name Lucy or Lucille and I don't know if any princess has the name (I don't recall seeing my name anywhere). Perhaps a French Princess centries ago was named Lucy. Lucy is a French name.

I do know that Charles II had a mistress whose first name was Lucy (I believe the last name was either Walters or Waters). One of the French Kings I believe had a mistress whose first name was Lucy. To my knowledge no current Kings, prince,heirs to thrones or nobility has dated or married someone with my first name. If I'm wrong, correct me.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Courtier

My name is a variation of Maria. That would make both danish Princesses and any other royals who have a Maria-Version or really Maria as their name.

Sadly but not surprisingly I don't share my really given name with any royal, just the variations.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

I share my name with ancient kings of Scotland, here are some hints:
Duncan
MacBeth
Beatrice
Margaret
William the Conqueror
William Rufus
Battle of Alne
Shakespeare
...does this ring any bells?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

My first name is Sophie, so there are quite a few Royals (past and present) who I share it with.

As for my middle name (Myfanwy) there's no Royal that I know of.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

My middle name no royal has but at least two royals (one a Queen) shares part of my middle name. My middle name could be used as a nickname.

I think the reason my first name is not used is that women who have shared my first name have been rebellious against authority. Or questioned authority. Or were non-conformish. My first name is now quite popular in Scotland and England, but no royals have named their daughters Lucy. When someone does, I will celebrate.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Aristocracy

i share my name with princess ann and queen elizabeth.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 AM
Serene Highness

My name is a variant of Olga, the name of several Russian grandduchesses and it's also one of the names of princess Alexandra (of Kent).
Old 06-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

My name forebear is Renata of Lorraine

Renata of Lorraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Commoner

I share my names with many royals, from the past to today. And I bet there will be more little princesses with these names.

My first name is Sofia, so there is for example Queen Sofia and Infanta Sofia of Spain, from the British royal family Sophie, Countess of Wessex and many other royalties were or are named Sofia, Sophia, Sophie. For exemple, one of Princess Josephine's (Denmark) names is Sophia.

My second name is Elisabet. It is the Finnish form, without the H as in Elisabeth or Elizabeth. I think I don't have to name some female royals with this name, you all know them. Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II, Queen Mother, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium and so on. Elisabet is also a popular second name for royalties.

I just love my names, but they are really popular in Finland, especially for people in my age (17). Sofia is a popular first and second/third name and Elisabet(h) is a popular second/third name.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Majesty

I don't think there are many royals named 'Daria', which is my first name, but there are several who are named 'Mary', or 'Maria', which is the name I chose when I became Eastern Orthodox Christian.

So, some of my sort of name sakes are:

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia
Grand Duchess Maria (third daughter of Nikolai II)
Queen Mary (wife of George V)
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
Lady Louise Windsor (I believe 'Mary' is one of her names)

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Considering that I have the names Catherine, Mary and Elizabeth - I think I am well covered.

My son's name contains William, Edward and Alexander and my daughter's contains Elizabeth, Alexandra and Anne.

We have many family jokes about this - but, we were all named for our own ancestors and family members.

I'm Canadian but my distaff heritage is Scottish: Stewarts from some obscure branch - the family wears several of the Stewart tartans. It's Irish through the male line where our only claim to fame is we're in William's Domesday book :).
Old 08-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Nobility

I share my name with the Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think there are many Molly's in the Royal family history, but my middle name Jayne has a few. Jane Seymour being the main one, though spelt differently.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Gentry

I dont share my name with any royals that I know of (Amanda) but my two grandchildren names are Juan and Isabella. Juan is very boyish and Isabella very girly, like a little princess!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

No "real" royals have the name Jonathan, but some wanna be Italian Prince is named Jonathan, If only I was John Like I wanted to be!! -_-
Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Gentry

I share my name with Infanta Elena.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Courtier

Hmmm...are there any royals who share the same name as mine? My first name is "Rhys" and my middle name is "Raphael". Can anyone tell me?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't think there is any royal named Rhys; as for your middle name Raphael, you share it (at least) with the Brazilian Prince Rafael of Orléans-Bragança.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I don't think there is any royal named Rhys; as for your middle name Raphael, you share it (at least) with the Brazilian Prince Rafael of Orléans-Bragança.
I also found out that there is another Royal whom I also share the same name of 'Raphael' - Prince Nikolaus Ferdinand Maria Josef Raphael of Liechtenstein. Thank you very much!