The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
prince william and kate middleton (we know we would all love it...)
I don't. I prefer to see the future King to marry at least someone with a noble ancestry. That is what monarchy and nobility is all about.

That is also why I'm disappointed in all the Letizias and Mette-Marits and Máximas ibvading the ancient and illustrious Houses and come into the footsteps of their forebearers who once were Grand Duchesses, Princesses, Archduchesses, whatever.

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 618
Question

I would love a big-splashy wedding for:

1. Prince Joachim and Marie Agnethe Cavallier
2. Prince Harry and Chelsy Yvonne Davy


I think Wiliiam needs to mature a lot more, and I'm sure Kate is a nice girl, but (personally) I do not find her Princess/Queen material.

Everyone wants CP Victoria to be happy, and I don't think Daniel is the one for her or for Sweden. I think Daniel has used his relationship with Victoria to further his own business interests.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
morhange's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Springfield, United States
Posts: 570
YES AIMONE AND OLGA! It's their decision, but comone oooon, three years is too long to be engaged and then keep pushing back the wedding date!

I would also really like to see Gustav and Carina be able to marry, and possibly Albert and Charlene, but only because the man needs to get himself some legitimate heirs!
__________________
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NEW YORK, United States
Posts: 151
i wish for victory and daniel to get married, i dont want albert to marry charlene who know things might change?
also i dont want will to marry kate, he need some one else.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
angiep's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mt Pleasant Mills, United States
Posts: 82
I would like to see CP Victoria get married, just because I know she will be a beautiful bride.
I myself like William and Kate together. I think she has a lot of class like Diana did, even if she's not 'high born' as some have commented on. William needs to learn from his father's past, and marry the woman that he is really in love with.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 215
Stephanie should marry that circus guy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-05-2007, 10:12 PM
BeautyLeonor's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: caracas, Venezuela
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by polop View Post
Which royal couples do you want to see get married?
For me, I want to see Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy get married.They seem sooo much in love.
Me too! Harry and Chelsy seem very happy and very in love
__________________
" *Love Is Like A Rose In Winter,Only The Strong Survives* My Favorite Rose: Felipe & Letizia"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-05-2007, 10:26 PM
lis lis is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , Venezuela
Posts: 311
I would like to see Gustav and Carina get married
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder View Post
Stephanie should marry that circus guy.
Adans Lopez Peres? The Portuguese circus acrobat? She already married and divorced him.

1st spouse Daniel Ducruet
Marriage 1 October 1995
Divorce 4 October 1996
Children: Louis Ducruet and Pauline Ducruet (both born out of wedlock but afterwards recognized by marriage)

Relationship with Raymond Gottlieb
Child: Camille Kelly (born out of wedlock, not recognized, given the maternal surname and not in the line of succession)

2nd spouse Adans Lopez Peres
Marriage: 12 September 2003
Divorce: 24 November 2004
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,396
Definately Aimone of Italy-Aosta and Olga of Greece. They are just killing me with the present long engagement (and cancellation I fear). As this is the only royal-royal marriage that might be happening it is the one I look forward to the most. A wedding for the Brazilian Pedro-Luiz and his Austrian Archcuchess would be nice too.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brugge, Belgium
Posts: 151
Definitely prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
I don't. I prefer to see the future King to marry at least someone with a noble ancestry. That is what monarchy and nobility is all about.

That is also why I'm disappointed in all the Letizias and Mette-Marits and Máximas ibvading the ancient and illustrious Houses and come into the footsteps of their forebearers who once were Grand Duchesses, Princesses, Archduchesses, whatever.

I have to agree with you Henri. What is happening is that in a couple of generations there will BE NO MORE true nobility...it's gonna be commoners marrying commoners and calling themselves royal. I am not saying these are not fine young women. But a divorcee on the Spanish throne? And gulp-an unwed mother and former party girl as Queen of Norway? I am underwhelmed with the lot, to be honest. And if this trend continues, they might just as well abolish ALL royal houses because there is going to be NOTHING to separate them from their subjects as far as blood lines. Unpopular and snobbish opinion? Of course it is, but I think it's the truth.

This Daniel guy owns a string of health clubs. Well fine. But as the spouse of the Queen of Sweden? And before I forget, we have a French actress-albeit a lovely one-who came pregnant to the altar to marry the heir to once great House of Savoy(the same Royal house which was one the guardian of the Holy Shroud of Turin)

As for Kate Middleton...well. Her last name says it all for me. She'd be fine for some minor princeling somewhere I suppose. But the future King of England?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,624
My choice and hope is Charles-Philippe d'Orleans and Diane Alvares de Melo, Duchess de Cadaval.

They have been together a couple of years and make a gorgeous couple, not to mention that they seem crazy about one another.

We'd have a TRULY ROYAL marriage with these two, which unfortunately is becoming increasingly rare.

I want to see Albert of Monaco make Charlene Wittstock an honest woman. She is only an Olympic swimmer but she is quite of step up for old Albert considering the baggage he is carrying. It's time for him to do his duty and provide an Grimaldi heir.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 14,396
I actually don´t like the Diane de Cadaval and Charles-Phillipe relationship at all. It appears too convinient for both of them and (for what it´s worth) I personally favour her elder sister Rosalinda as THE Duchess of Cadaval, such a marriage will probably harder Dom Duarte´s stance in the matter (a most arrogant one IMHO, implying that a religious marriage is more worth than a civil one) and will make her claim slim even more.

Apart from that Charles-Phillipe seems to be a spoiled brat (note the ´seems´ btw) .

-
Diane de Cadaval isn´t a royal btw but a noble woman.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 254
Actually, Henri M and Californiadreamin, I don't agree with you - for 2 reasons. It is very important that Royal Marriages are happy and compatable in this day and age, where wives will not sit quietly by, producing heirs, while their husbands have mistresses. It worked in the past (e.g. in UK, Edward VII and his long-suffering wife Queen Alexandra) but not nowadays (see Charles and Diana). Marrying out seems to have been a success with King Harald of Norway, and King Carl-Gustav of Sweden, and I think that both Sonia and Sylvia have become royal and enhanced the Royal House. (BTW, Queen Victoria was remarkably relaxed about what her German relations considered 'unequal' marriages. Her daughter, Louse, married a non-Royal Duke (of Argyll) without any loss of status. And, even more importantly, She was very happy for both her grandsons (Albert Victor and then George V) to be married to Mary of Teck. Mary was the grandchild of of morganatic marriage in the Royal House of Wuerttemberg. This marriage lost her grandfather the right to be King of Wuerrtenberg, but it didn't stop her becoming Queen Consort of the UK (note: England does not equal UK - it is only a part of it!), and Empress Consort of India.

Secondly, I think some Royal Families were beginning to run out of steam genetically by so much intermarriage. It really is better that new and healthy blood is brought in. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as we say, and it certainly seems to me that, so far, the new Crown Princesses are adapting well and taking on their role with commitment. Personally, I think Kate Middleton showed all the right dignity, modesty, and discretion that one would look for in William's wife. Just because you have 'blue blood' does not give you these attributes. Also, Kings such as Edward VI of England, Henry XVIII of England, and James VII (of Scotland) and II (of England), have all married out of the 'top drawer' without any hint that they might have lost their right to the throne. Also, Edward VIII abdicated because the country was unlikely to accept a twice divorced American, not because she was not Royal. Actually, if she hadn't been divorced, there would probably have been only a passing problem with her being American and of a slightly shady past.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I actually don´t like the Diane de Cadaval and Charles-Phillipe relationship at all. It appears too convinient for both of them and (for what it´s worth) I personally favour her elder sister Rosalinda as THE Duchess of Cadaval, such a marriage will probably harder Dom Duarte´s stance in the matter (a most arrogant one IMHO, implying that a religious marriage is more worth than a civil one) and will make her claim slim even more.

Apart from that Charles-Phillipe seems to be a spoiled brat (note the ´seems´ btw) .

-
Diane de Cadaval isn´t a royal btw but a noble woman.
Charles-Philippe is a SPOILED BRAT!? Do tell...hee hee heee! She does seem older than him but she is younger by about four or five years. In all the pictures I have seen of them, they SEEM ideal together.

In the latest issue of Point de Vue, there is an article where she is interviewed about the restoration of the family castle. There is no mention of CP or pictures of him.

BTW..if that is Dom Duarte's stance re: civil marriage vs a religious one I happen to agree with it. As a Catholic, it is the marriage in the Church before God which is the one that counts, IMO.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison20 View Post
Actually, Henri M and Californiadreamin, I don't agree with you - for 2 reasons. It is very important that Royal Marriages are happy and compatable in this day and age, where wives will not sit quietly by, producing heirs, while their husbands have mistresses. It worked in the past (e.g. in UK, Edward VII and his long-suffering wife Queen Alexandra) but not nowadays (see Charles and Diana). Marrying out seems to have been a success with King Harald of Norway, and King Carl-Gustav of Sweden, and I think that both Sonia and Sylvia have become royal and enhanced the Royal House. (BTW, Queen Victoria was remarkably relaxed about what her German relations considered 'unequal' marriages. Her daughter, Louse, married a non-Royal Duke (of Argyll) without any loss of status. And, even more importantly, She was very happy for both her grandsons (Albert Victor and then George V) to be married to Mary of Teck. Mary was the grandchild of of morganatic marriage in the Royal House of Wuerttemberg. This marriage lost her grandfather the right to be King of Wuerrtenberg, but it didn't stop her becoming Queen Consort of the UK (note: England does not equal UK - it is only a part of it!), and Empress Consort of India.

Secondly, I think some Royal Families were beginning to run out of steam genetically by so much intermarriage. It really is better that new and healthy blood is brought in. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as we say, and it certainly seems to me that, so far, the new Crown Princesses are adapting well and taking on their role with commitment. Personally, I think Kate Middleton showed all the right dignity, modesty, and discretion that one would look for in William's wife. Just because you have 'blue blood' does not give you these attributes. Also, Kings such as Edward VI of England, Henry XVIII of England, and James VII (of Scotland) and II (of England), have all married out of the 'top drawer' without any hint that they might have lost their right to the throne. Also, Edward VIII abdicated because the country was unlikely to accept a twice divorced American, not because she was not Royal. Actually, if she hadn't been divorced, there would probably have been only a passing problem with her being American and of a slightly shady past.

These young women are indeed adapting to their roles well(for the most part. I still have SERIOUS doubts about Mette-Marit but that is another story) But if the trend to marry "down" continues into the next two or three generations and let's say William and Kate's son marries a commoner, who marries a commoner, who marries another commoner, what will be the point of "Royalty" that isn't really Royal at all?? They might as well abolish the lot and declare a Republic. I am old-fashioned enough to believe that Royalty SHOULd have some Royal or noble bloodlines.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ****, Canada
Posts: 1,505
Prince Albert should marry Charlene Wittsock at long last.
Wills should marry Kate.
Harry marry Chelsea......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Monterey, United States
Posts: 2,325
Prince William should Marry Kate Albert II Should marry Charlene
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-25-2010, 05:59 PM
NoorMeansLight's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,966
William and Kate & Madeleine of Sweden and her fiance. Victoria and Daniel have set the date, so they don't count here, right?
__________________

__________________
With passion and poetry...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Jewels Books Julia Royal Library 158 09-26-2013 04:44 AM
December/January 2005 Newsletter: A Royal Christmas GrandDuchess Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles 24 11-29-2005 01:34 PM
Photo-show: Royal Couples And Their Faces Lena Royal Chit Chat 30 08-10-2005 10:19 PM
Nov. Royal of the Month: Queen Sofia of Spain Alexandria Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles 12 10-20-2004 07:50 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]