The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which royal House will have the next coronation/Enthronement?
Belgium 1 2.00%
Denmark 1 2.00%
Monaco 33 66.00%
Netherlands 9 18.00%
Norway 1 2.00%
Spain 2 4.00%
Sweden 0 0%
UK 3 6.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Majesty

Which European royal House will have the next coronation?

nilah asked me to set up this poll.

Which royal House will have the next coronation/Enthronement
Have in mind that in some royal houses the king or queen regent rule until death in others they abdicate.

this poll is about the European Royal Families.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Majesty

any voters?

Old 02-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Nobility

I think it will be Monaco...
Old 02-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalian
I think it will be Monaco...
I think so 2

Old 02-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Courtier

I don't like this thread very much: it's like asking who will be the next to die.

However I voted Monaco. Followed by Norway and Belgium.

:(
Old 02-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

i vote UK

Sara Boyce
Old 02-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, it is a bit like 'voting someone off the island', but I think Norway will be next. I have no idea why.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i vote UK

Sara Boyce
I hope not. I hope the Queen lives for at least another 25 years. I shudder to think of a King Charles III or a King George VII. I hear he make take the name George when he does become king.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Nobility

I think the order will likely be Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, and finally the United Kingdom. Monaco will come first because Rainier's in poor health and probably won't live more than five years. The Netherlands will come second because the Dutch monarchs have a history of abdication and Queen Beatrix will liely keep with that tradition. Norway will come third because King Harald is ill and I think he will either be incapacitated or abdicate in order to rest. Belgium will come next, I think, because King Albert seems like a king who will yield in good time in order to give his son the crown. Denmark will come next because Queen Margarethe will abdicate in about 10 or 15 years. Spain will be next because King Juan Carlos will abdicate in order to let his son rule, but not for about 20 years. The United Kingdom will be last, in my opinion, because the Queen is not going to abdicate and will reign until she dies, which I have a feeling is not going to be for about 20 or 25 years.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Nobility

I haven't voted, and I really don't want to vote in such a thread. There is only two European countries with a tradition of the monarch to abdicate: Holland and Luxembourg.

This poll reminds me of one posted at the Benelux Message Board when Prince Bernhard was very ill: "When will Bernhard die" - options: 2004, 2005 etc.

Back then Robert had the decency to delete the poll.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
I haven't voted, and I really don't want to vote in such a thread. There is only two European countries with a tradition of the monarch to abdicate: Holland and Luxembourg.

This poll reminds me of one posted at the Benelux Message Board when Prince Bernhard was very ill: "When will Bernhard die" - options: 2004, 2005 etc.

Back then Robert had the decency to delete the poll.
agree with you and did not vot this morning.

the 2 countries you mention are not able change the general sad and morbid atmosphere around this particural poll
Old 02-05-2005, 06:07 AM
Nobility

Mmm... it's an interesting question but it seems a bit ghoulish to vote on it!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
I think the order will likely be Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, and finally the United Kingdom. Monaco will come first because Rainier's in poor health and probably won't live more than five years. The Netherlands will come second because the Dutch monarchs have a history of abdication and Queen Beatrix will liely keep with that tradition. Norway will come third because King Harald is ill and I think he will either be incapacitated or abdicate in order to rest. Belgium will come next, I think, because King Albert seems like a king who will yield in good time in order to give his son the crown. Denmark will come next because Queen Margarethe will abdicate in about 10 or 15 years. Spain will be next because King Juan Carlos will abdicate in order to let his son rule, but not for about 20 years. The United Kingdom will be last, in my opinion, because the Queen is not going to abdicate and will reign until she dies, which I have a feeling is not going to be for about 20 or 25 years.
i would agree with you

Sara Boyce
Old 02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
nilah asked me to set up this poll.

Which royal House will have the next coronation/Enthronement
Have in mind that in some royal houses the king or queen regent rule until death in others they abdicate.

this poll is about the European Royal Families.
Thank you for the poll Josefine.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Aristocracy

We think it'll probably be Monaco - but except from that we really don't know! Might be one of the countries where you can abdicate, but you'll never know!
Old 02-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Although this thread is a bit morbid, I vote Monaco solely because of Ranier's health at the moment.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Monaco.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-07-2005, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatleen
Wouldn´t surprise me, when to abdicate would become a tradition in other Royal houses too.
As we see, times are changing in the Royal houses (commoners, more openness). They see themselves more as ambassadors nowadays and not as Monarchs, with a god-given right to reign.
Besides ppl are becoming, thanks to the progress in medicine, older and older. And I don´t think a person would either want to sit very long on the throne (in the case the father/mother dies soon) or (more likely) would want to wait 60-70 years for the enthronement! Just imagine you would have to wait so long to raise in your job. You always would be the trainee.