What will happen in the Royal lives in 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Madeleine gives birth to a boy. His godfather will be Prince Daniel.
Pregnancy of Sofia at the end of the year.
Princess Birgitta dies.
A scandal shakes the royal family.

Any particular reason for the prediction about princess Birgittas early demise? She hasn't been in poor health, as far as I know, unlike her sister Christina.

(Belgium)
Nothing new

(Britain)
-Baby Cambridge will be another little girl
-Zara and Mike will announce new pregnancy, Mia will welcome a little brother in october 2018

(Denmark)
-Nothing new

(Dutch)
-Nothing new

(Luxembourg)
-no pregrancy for HGD Stéphanie
-Félix and Claire will announce their third pregnancy

(Sweden)
-Third and last pregnancy announcement of Victoria and Daniel at the end of the year, a boy will be born in 2019

Any particular reason for the prediction about princess Birgittas early demise? She hasn't been in poor health, as far as I know, unlike her sister Christina.

How...odd it is to predict someone's death even if they are not in good health! I sure hope the princess or no one close to her reads TRF!:sad:

How...odd it is to predict someone's death even if they are not in good health! I sure hope the princess or no one close to her reads TRF!:sad:

Agreed :flowers:

As morbid as I find it to predict death, even for people in bad health like Christina, to predict death of someone who seems in good health? Bad taste at best. Thankfully I doubt any royals haunt our boards.

Belgium
-Princess Elisabeth starts attending more events
-more problems with Laurent

Denmark
-no news for Fred’s and Joachim’s families
-no abdication for the Queen, but Fred and Mary take over international events
-Prince Henrik’s health stays stable

Liechtenstein
-no change

Luxembourg
-unfortunately no pregnancy for Guillaume and Stéphanie
-finalised divorce for Louis, no title for Tessy
-engagement for Alexandra, wedding summer 2019

Monaco
-no change for Albert and Charlene
-Andrea and Tatiana welcome a second son
-Louis and Marie welcome a daughter, engagement and wedding in 2019
-Caroline finally divorces Ernst August
-Charlotte gets engaged, wedding in 2019

Netherlands
-no change for the main players

Norway
-no change for King and Queen
-Princess Ingrid attends more events with her parents
- Märtha Louise finalises divorce, new boyfriend at the end of 2018

Spain
-no change for King and Queen
-Leonor attends Princess of Asturias Awards

Sweden
-2nd daughter for Madeline and Chris
-no change for everyone else

UK
-girl named Alice for Will and Kate born middle of April, Christening in July
-wedding for Harry and Meghan in May, pregnancy in November
-engagement for Eugenie, wedding spring 2019 at Windsor
-new American boyfriend for Beatrice
-pregnancy for the Tindalls, baby boy born in autumn
-engagement, wedding and pregnancy for Lady Gabriella
-not royal but - pregnancy for Pippa, and engagement for James Middleton

Japan
-Princess Mako marries in November
-engagement for one Mikasa princess
-Masako’s health has ups and downs, but largely stable, still no international travel
-Princess Aiko doing well in school and more visible in public
-Princess Kako finishes schooling in the UK and starts doing more official duties, especially after Mako marries

Bhutan
-2nd pregnancy for King and Queen, another son in 2019

Thailand
-huge coronation ceremony with all international royals present

Jordan
-no change

Morocco
-no change

Unfortunately I also feel we will loose at least one former monarch or consort this year:sad:.

Last edited:
I assume you mean Louis. Piere last I looked was happily married to Beatrice and has a son Stefano with her. Although hooking up with a woman Marie and knocking her up, would be a good reason for a quickie divorce :whistling:

Maybe like Pierre, Louis will actually marry first :D

I agree. I actually thought it was an unwritten rule that "death predictions" are a no-go in this thread.

Luxembourg
Louis and Tessy's divorce is finalized...Tessy is left with no title. Though it's finalized I still see some back and forth, rumors, general disagreement in the press for some time.

Denmark
No abdication from Margrethe, though I do think we'll see her slow down a bit and the CP couple will take over much of her work.
We might possibly see more of Christian and maybe even Isabella at official functions and they may take on small official duties.
I think we might see Joachim and Marie stay out of the spotlight for a while.
Sadly, I think we'll continue to see Henrik's condition decline.

Sweden
Another boy for Chris and Madeleine.
Chris and Madeleine will announce a decision on their permanent residence as Leonore will soon be of school age. Either they'll relocate to Sweden entirely or will permanently remain in London but I don't see them being able to jump back and forth for much longer.
I think Daniel and Victoria are finished having babies.
A slight possibility that we might see a very late in the year pregnancy announcement from CP and Sofia (maybe December) but I think it more likely they'll wait until mid-2019 before announcing another...definitely not finished yet, though.

Netherlands
WA and Maxima are finished having babies.
I do think, though, that we'll see Catharina-Amalia more and might learn more about her particular interests in the events she's seen at.

United Kingdom
Harry and Meghan marry in May, announce a pregnancy in November or December.
Another boy for the Cambridges...Prince Arthur, Frederick, or Philip born the second week of April.
I think we might see Catherine dive back into royal duties a bit quicker this time than with the previous two births now that are full-time working royals.
We might see a bit more of Louise at official functions and might find out a bit more about where her own personal interests lie in what she is seen at...theater, riding events, vision charities, etc.
I'm not quite sure of the nature of it all but I see a major uptick for the Prince of Wales' charities/business ventures. Possibly the announcement of some kind of festival for gardening/organics/conservation at Highgrove?
Rumblings of a new boyfriend for Beatrice, though nothing serious comes to light.
A late summer/early fall engagement for Eugenie followed by a winter wedding, possibly in Scotland. I really see her going small and understated and doing it her own way while I see Beatrice opting for as much pomp and circumstance as she is allowed.
I think we may see Peter Phillips heading up another high profile event or two.
A pregnancy announcement for Mike and Zara in late winter or early spring..February/March. A boy to follow in July.
No abdication from Queen Elizabeth though I do think we'll see her continue to slow down and hand over duties.
Continued recovery for Sophie Windsor...possibly a third and last pregnancy announcement late in the year (November/December). If so, a boy.
Nothing new for Gabriella.
For a change, I think we'll see Samuel Chatto in the news...possibly for the same type of clubbing type behavior we saw from William and Harry for a time.

Last edited:

Sweden

Another boy for Chris and Madeleine.
Chris and Madeleine will announce a decision on their permanent residence as Leonore will soon be of school age. Either they'll relocate to Sweden entirely or will permanently remain in London but I don't see them being able to jump back and forth for much longer.
I think Daniel and Victoria are finished having babies.
A slight possibility that we might see a very late in the year pregnancy announcement from CP and Sofia (maybe December) but I think it more likely they'll wait until mid-2019 before announcing another...definitely not finished yet, though.

True, and I think it's time too that they make up their minds. London or Stockholm, mainly because of Leonore's school age.
No more children for V&D, I imagine the Haakon and Mette-Marit scenario for them (also a girl and a boy).

Netherlands
WA and Maxima are finished having babies.
I do think, though, that we'll see Catharina-Amalia more and might learn more about her particular interests in the events she's seen at.
They have finished a long time ago ;) Ariane was born in 2007. And I think we willl only start to see Catharina-Amalia more when she becomes 18 years old. Not before that, so no repeat of her father who had his first work engagement at age 14.

United Kingdom
Harry and Meghan marry in May, announce a pregnancy in November or December.
Another boy for the Cambridges...Prince Arthur, Frederick, or Philip born the second week of April.
I think we might see Catherine dive back into royal duties a bit quicker this time than with the previous two births now that are full-time working royals.
We might see a bit more of Louise at official functions and might find out a bit more about where her own personal interests lie in what she is seen at...theater, riding events, vision charities, etc.
I'm not quite sure of the nature of it all but I see a major uptick for the Prince of Wales' charities/business ventures. Possibly the announcement of some kind of festival for gardening/organics/conservation at Highgrove?
Rumblings of a new boyfriend for Beatrice, though nothing serious comes to light.
A late summer/early fall engagement for Eugenie followed by a winter wedding, possibly in Scotland. I really see her going small and understated and doing it her own way while I see Beatrice opting for as much pomp and circumstance as she is allowed.
I think we may see Peter Phillips heading up another high profile event or two.
A pregnancy announcement for Mike and Zara in late winter or early spring..February/March. A boy to follow in July.
No abdication from Queen Elizabeth though I do think we'll see her continue to slow down and hand over duties.
Continued recovery for Sophie Windsor...possibly a third and last pregnancy announcement late in the year (November/December). If so, a boy.
Nothing new for Gabriella.
For a change, I think we'll see Samuel Chatto in the news...possibly for the same type of clubbing type behavior we saw from William and Harry for a time.
Indeed I think that Meghan will be pregnant by the end of the year, at least I wouldn't be surprised. No idea of the time of announcement though.
And Samuel Chatto can do the clubbing thing to his liking, much more than William and Harry. He's a private person and it does not reflect badly on the Queen (which some people on this board have said).

Last edited:
Belgium
-Laurent creates another fuss and politicians run out of patience
-Another baby for Amedeo and Elisabetta
Denmark
-no abdication
-M&F are handed more duties
-Alex continues to do more business/work
Luxembourg
-divorce finalised for Louis & Tessy
-no title for Tessy
-drama and fuss from her side
-really not sure about the other siblings
Netherlands
-nothing major, maybe a romance for Mabel?
Norway
-Martha Louise's divorce is finalised
-new partner for ML by end of year
Spain
-more rumours about Juan Carlos and his love life
Sweden
-Madeleine and Chris decide on a more permanent home base
UK
-Meghan and Harry expecting before the end of the year
-Eugenie gets engaged
-Zara and Mike expecting before end of the year (I really hope)
-new romance for Bea
Japan
-Masako does an overseas visit
Bhutan
-another baby for the King & Queen

True, and I think it's time too that they make up their minds. London or Stockholm, mainly because of Leonore's school age.
No more children for V&D, I imagine the reversed Haakon and Mette-Marit scenario for them (they had a girl and a boy, V&D the other way round).

They have finished a long time ago ;) Ariane was born in 2007. And I think we willl only start to see Catharina-Amalia more when she becomes 18 years old. Not before that, so no repeat of her father who had his first work engagement at age 14.

Agreed that they finished a long time ago but, inevitably, someone suggests that they'll add to their family every year around this time. Same with Mary and Frederick. So I felt the need to put it out there that I think they're well and truly done. :flowers:

Indeed I think that Meghan will be pregnant by the end of the year, at least I wouldn't be surprised. No idea of the time of announcement though.
And Samuel Chatto can do the clubbing thing to his liking, much more than William and Harry. He's a private person and it does not reflect badly on the Queen (which some people on this board have said).

Also agreed that it doesn't reflect badly on the Queen and that he can club until his heart's content BUT I still think as he's older and possibly more visible, he might be mentioned in the news. Not really as a reflection (good or bad) on the royal family, just as in "Princess Margaret's Grandson Seen Leaving Club the Worse for Wear" type headlines.

Last edited:

That is right, and some couples do have a child years after what was considered their final one was born (e.g. Princess Astrid of Belgium in 2003 with Laetitia Maria - there is 8 years between her and her sister Luisa Maria)

About Samuel Chatto I agree - if any kind of clubbing will appear it will probably be led towards Princess Margaret in the gossip headlines. And possibly the die-hards will dub it "The Queen's cousin" (son of her niece Lady Sarah).

Added: I just saw that I mixed up the Haakon & Mette-Marit/V&D part. There is no reversed scenario. Both couples had a girl first, don't know where that glitch came from. I have edited my original post.

Last edited:
There will be an announcement that The Duchess of Sussex will have a baby.

There will be an announcement that The Duchess of Sussex will have a baby.

I doubt it because of their tour logistics - there are several stops on their international tour that have a Zika warning. It would be highly irresponsible for Meghan to risk a visit & I highly doubt that they are going to cancel half of their international tour just because a couple of months are too much of a wait. There is also a recommended time period when one shouldn't conceive after a visit to countries where Zika is a threat. So I am guessing the baby plans are definitely on hold for the first 6 months. So start TTC in December and hopefully we'll have wonderful news by late spring or summer. :flowers:?

I expect them to wait a bit more (a year) to give the duchess the chance to adapt to her new life. In this time she can take all kinds of obligations in Britain and abroad

Sorry, but she is nearly 37, not 27, no time to wait.
The tour is not the matter of life and death, can be postponed to next year if something happens.

The tour is not the matter of life and death, can be postponed to next year if something happens.

Young enough getting at least one child yet. I think too that they wait to next year before they try child. Meghan has firstly learn habits of the court and perhaps somehow deal with Mr. Markle.

That is why I expressed that there would be a baby announcement. Meghan will be 37. She will not be 30.

Young enough getting at least one child yet. I think too that they wait to next year before they try child. Meghan has firstly learn habits of the court and perhaps somehow deal with Mr. Markle.
One woman is young enough, other not; every woman is different.
Princess Diana didn't wait, she conceived William a few weeks after the wedding (and took him to Australia when he was a baby).
From wives of not-heirs - Princesses Sofia of Sweden and Claire of Luxembourg didn't wait either - their babies were conceived practically straight after weddings and they were much younger than Meghan.

Last edited:
I doubt it because of their tour logistics - there are several stops on their international tour that have a Zika warning. It would be highly irresponsible for Meghan to risk a visit & I highly doubt that they are going to cancel half of their international tour just because a couple of months are too much of a wait. There is also a recommended time period when one shouldn't conceive after a visit to countries where Zika is a threat. So I am guessing the baby plans are definitely on hold for the first 6 months. So start TTC in December and hopefully we'll have wonderful news by late spring or summer. :flowers:?

The fact that there is a Zika virus warning for a particular country doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get it if you travel there. In fact, the likelihood of that happening is very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom