What will happen in the Royal lives in 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wymanda

Royal Highness
City
Perth
Country
Australia
BRITAIN

Catherine & William will welcome a second Princess - Alice Victoria Caroline
Harry & Meagan will marry at St Georges Chapel Windsor and will be created Duke and Duchess of Suffolk.

SWEDEN

Princess Madelaine will welcome a second Prince - Christopher Gustav Bertil; Duke of Halland
Crown Princess Victoria & Princess Sophia will announce 3rd pregnancies late in the year with happy events due in early 2019.

BRITAIN

Catherine & William will welcome a second Princess - Alice Victoria Caroline
Harry & Meagan will marry at St Georges Chapel Windsor and will be created Duke and Duchess of Suffolk.

SWEDEN

Princess Madelaine will welcome a second Prince - Christopher Gustav Bertil; Duke of Halland
Crown Princess Victoria & Princess Sophia will announce 3rd pregnancies late in the year with happy events due in early 2019.
I really hope you will be proven right !!!!! :lol:

UK
- Cambridges have a second son
- P.Harry announces wedding
- P.Eugenie gets married but keeps it lowkey
- Zara Tindall announces pregnancy

Thailand
- coronation of King Rama X (don't think it will happen in 2017)

Monaco
- third child for Andrea Casiraghi and Tatjana
- Gabrielle and Jacques remain cute as ever
- P.Albert shaves his moustache

Belgium
- P.Laurent stops doing royal events

Denmark
- CP Frederik takes on more royal duties (but Q.Margrethe will not abdicate)

Sweden
- P.Madeleine has third child, a daughter who turns out just as energetic as Leonore
(i don't think CP Victoria will have more children)

?
just guesses, most not even educated ones

Last edited:
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg will have a son. :luxstandard:

Charles, Victoria, Haakon and Frederik will take over more of their parents workload.

Princess Eugenie and Jack will marry in early summer in York Minster (i doubt the York-family wants to do it lowkey). Prince Harry and Meghan will marry late summer. Everyone expects it to be in London or Windsor but they surprises us and has a scottish wedding. A ball at Stirling Castle, the Wedding service at St Giles' Cathedral and the following reception and lunch at Palace of Holyrood House.

Princess Madeleine and Chris will welcome their 3:rd child. A daughter named Isabella Eva Victoria and she will be Duchess of Norrbotten. She will be twice as energetic as Leonor :-D

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will welcome a son whose name will be Arthur James Peter.

The Hereditary Grand Duke and Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg announces that they expect their first child. It will be a daughter namned Charlotte Maria-Theresa Alix.

Sadly i also fear that 2018 won't pass without the death of a few well known royals. I won't name them as i think it's wrong to speculate about who will pass away and who won't. We all will have to depart from this life sooner or later.

Austria:
Archduchess Kathleen will announce that she is pregnant. Gives birth to a boy in the late Fall.

Britain:
HM The Queen will scale down on her duties handing them to The Prince of Wales.
The Duchess of Cambridge will give birth to a girl.
Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle in July at St. George's Chapel at Windsor.

Greece:
HM King Constantine sadly passes away.

Hanover:
Prince Christian and Princess Alessandra will get married. In the fall of 2018 the Princess will announce that she is pregnant.
Princess Ekatherina will give birth to a girl.

Japan:
Emperor Akihito abdicates.
Crown Prince Naruhito becomes The Emperor of Japan.
Crown Princess Masako, now The Empress of Japan, will take on more duties. Her health and confidence grow.
Princess Aiko will be able to inherit the Chrysanthemum throne after the people of Japan demand that a woman should have the right to inherit. Everyone rejoices.

Luxembourg:
HRH The Hereditary Grand Duchess will announce that she is pregnant.
Prince Louis and Princess Tessy's divorce will be finalized. Tessy announces that she is engaged in the Fall.
Princess Alexandra will take on more duties representing Luxembourg at home and aboard.

Monaco:
Mr. Louis Ducruet will become engaged to Ms. Marie Chevalier.
Tatiana Casiraghi will give birth to a girl.

Norway:

HM King Harald will abdicate.
HH Princess Martha Louise will announce that she is engaged.

Romania:
HM King Michael will sadly pass away.
Nicholas Medforth-Mills will be welcomed into the family again by a sheer miracle. His title will be restored.

Serbia:
The monarchy will be restored.
Princess Danica gives birth to a boy.

Sweden:

HRH Crown Princess Victoria will announce that she is pregnant with her third child.
HRH Princess Sofia will announce that she is pregnant again.

I don't see an abdication for any of the older royals, except the Emperor. Harald I think will just slow down, and like Margrethe and Elizabeth, hand over more and more royal duties. I also highly doubt we will see either Tessy or Martha Louise get engaged. Tessy isn't even divorced yet, and neither have a new relationship.

UK
Wedding for Harry and Meghan in late May, St George's.
Engagement announced after for Eugenie and Jack. Possible winter wedding.
Kate and William welcome second daughter Alice Valerie Mary.
Zara and Mike announce another pregnancy.

Sweden
Madeleine and Chris welcome a second son. Unexpected first name, family names for middle (like Leonor and Nicolas).
Possible third pregnancy announced for Sofia end of the year.
No third pregnancy for Victoria. I think they are done.

Luxembourg
Pregnancy announcement for Stephanie and Guiallaume (keep hoping). If they do, either a son Jean Philippe Henri Marie or a daughter Alix Maria-Teresa Charlotte.
Alexandra will start performing more duties, while working on her masters.
Possible third pregnancy for Felix and Claire.

Norway
Harald will slow down and hand over more roles to Haakon
Ingrid Alexandra will appear at more events

Belgium
Prince Laurent will disappear into private life after another possible scandal.
Elisabeth will appear at more events.

Denmark
Fred starts taking on more duties from his mother.

Spain
Leonor will appear at the Princess of Asturius. Will slowly appear more.

Monaco
Andrea and Tatiana will welcome a second son.
Engagement for Charlotte.

Bhutan
The royal couple will announce second pregnancy. Birth of a second son in the end of the year.

Last edited:
HM King Harald will abdicate.
What? King Harald V (Norway's extremely popular monarch) is (as he said himself this year) never going to abdicate. And I don't understand how people on this forum can say that, because he's the one (along with QEII) that we are 200% sure about.

Harald will slow down and hand over more roles to Haakon
As I said in the post below (where you can read an interview with HM), the King/courtiers is not that keen on the idea of leaving more work to the divisive/political Haakon as long as King Harald is still in relatively good health:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ital-with-an-infection-43777.html#post2038260

Last edited:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will get married in Westminister Abbey and will be created the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

What? King Harald V (Norway's extremely popular monarch) is (as he said himself this year) never going to abdicate. And I don't understand how people on this forum can say that, because he's the one (along with QEII) that we are 200% sure about.

As I said in the post below (where you can read an interview with HM), the King/courtiers is not that keen on the idea of leaving more work to the divisive/political Haakon as long as King Harald is still in relatively good health:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ital-with-an-infection-43777.html#post2038260

Its actually based on a lot of your posts that I felt pretty secure in my statement Harald would not abdicate. You do a great job of keeping us updated. Never say it enough, but appreciate all your great posts on them :flowers:

Princess Märtha Louise also has not yet finalized her divorce, it seems. Kongefamilien - kongehuset.no

To be honest I wasn't sure if she was or not. But I don't follow Martha Louise really and wasn't sure if I just missed it.

I love this topic! I've read all your responses and they're fascinating. I'm not as current on Royal families as I once was so will limit my predictions to British Royal family. William and Catherine will have a daughter called Mary Alexandra (if the baby is a boy I agree name will likely be Arthur with James perhaps or Henry as a nod to William and Catherine's brothers). I believe Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry early in the New Year in a private, family only ceremony in the chapel at Windsor or Sandringham. As for titles? The experts are saying Duke and Duchess of Sussex but Oxford, Cumberland and Buckingham are also in the running. Given the options, I'm going with the experts and predicting Sussex. Meghan will be pregnant b/f 2018 ends. Queen Elizabeth will continue to hand off more of her duties to Charles and her other children and grandchildren not just as a concession to her age but also because she wants to spend more time with Phillip at Wood Farm where he not spends most of his time. A housekeeper/cleaner and no other servants and privacy to do whatever he wants all day--driving carriages, painting, reading..... He and his wife will recapture the simple life they tried to have in early days of their marriage before King George died and a very young Elizabeth became Queen.

I believe Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry early in the New Year in a private, family only ceremony in the chapel at Windsor or Sandringham. As for titles? The experts are saying Duke and Duchess of Sussex but Oxford, Cumberland and Buckingham are also in the running. Given the options, I'm going with the experts and predicting Sussex.

Why possibly not the Duke of Oxford--
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/apr/29/duke-duchess-cambridge-kate-william

Last edited:
:previous: There is an Earl of Oxford which seems to be being overlooked. I guess there could be both a Duke and Earl but that is highly unlikely IMO. Usually only happens when the title is held by the same person.

Duke of Cumberland is currently suspended so not open for use.

Buckingham and Sussex are the only two viable of that list. And though I am always one of the first to say bad history doesn't rule out a title, I still think Sussex more likely then Buckingham.

I thought the Earl of Oxford title was dormant?

Yes and no. The Earl of Oxford (solo) went dormant in 1703. But it was recreated twice since. The current title is Earl of Oxford and Asquith, Raymond Asquith is the 3rd Earl of this creation. It was created for his great-grandfather, the former PM HH Asquith. He is a former diplomat and is now one of the lords who is in the house of lords as of 2014.

Last edited:
Luxembourg:
HGD Stephanie and HGD Guillaume announce pregnancy
HGD Stephanie has more solo events
Prince Louis and sons attend at Octave
More family at National Day 2018

Japan:
CP Masako will have a solo event or attend one of the public New Year events (reception, lecture, or poetry reading)
Princess Aiko and Prince Hisahito make more appearances

Maybe I'm overly ambitious for Masako but I'm hopeful her good health continues.

As for titles? The experts are saying Duke and Duchess of Sussex but Oxford, Cumberland and Buckingham are also in the running. Given the options, I'm going with the experts and predicting Sussex.

Cumberland is not an option as there are a number of living claimants as there are with Albany. It was suspended under the Titles Deprivation Act but the descendants of the last Duke are free to apply to have it restored. That they haven't done so for over a century is irrelevant. The current 'claimant' is Prince Ernest of Hanover

Belgium

Laurent and Claire part their ways

Denmark

Frederik becomes full-time regent

Luxembourg

No pregnancy announcement

Monaco

Stéphanie becomes grandmother

Netherlands

Nothing new

Norway

Same as above

Spain

Catalans separatist forces ask for "Felipe's head" to abandon the unilateral way. Constitutionalist political parties reject it but a major debate will start

Leonor will debut at the Princess of Asturias Awards ceremony

Sweden

Daughter for Madeleine and Chris

Third pregnancy for Carl Philip and Sofia

United Kingdom

No major royal wedding

Daughter for William and Kate

UK
Henry and Meghan's wedding (with foreign royal guests!)
Son for Cambridges

Luxembourg
Stephanie and Guillaume is expecting first child

Sweden
Son for Madeleine and Chris
Victoria and Daniel is expecting no.3

Norway
Everyone just stay healthy (actually apply to all families)
Sonja (or hopefully M-M) will wear the Q Maud's diamond tiara

Belgium
Elisabeth will have more public appearances
Mathilde will bring out Fabiola's Spanish gift tiara (probably small version, but I don't mind large version), or at least let us know that it now is still in Belgium's vault

Denmark
Nikolai will do some engagements (maybe individually?)

More state visits between monarchy (more white tie banquets!)
Somebody organizes the heirs meeting again (I miss this:lol:)

Britain
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce engagement in early January, with a December 2018/January 2019 wedding to follow.
The Cambridges welcome their third child, a girl named Mary, in April.

Spain
Infanta Sofia (if I have this correctly) starts secondary school in September.

Sweden
Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill welcome their third child, a girl named Lovisa.
Prince Gabriel of Sweden celebrates his first birthday with a photoshoot.

Norway
Prince Sverre Magnus starts secondary school in September.

Denmark
Nothing exciting in particular!

Monaco
Tatiana gives birth to her third child, a boy.

Luxembourg
HGD Stephanie becomes pregnant with her first child later on in the year, and gives birth in 2019.

The Netherlands
Nothing exciting in particular!

Bhutan
Queen Jetsun Pema becomes pregnant with her second child later on in the year, and gives birth in 2019.

UK

The Cambridges have a son

Cambridge baby has Christening in July before the Queen leaves for Balmoral

Zara announces a pregnancy

Eugenie and Jack either get engaged or split. No more status quo.

Beatrice goes public with a boyfriend

Lady Gabriella gets engaged

Harry and Meghan are made The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Meghan's siblings aren't invited to the wedding but Fergie is and she gives several interviews about how thrilled she is and she gives the public advice on marrying 'the spare'.

Harry and Meghan spend part of summer in Africa, maybe missing the Christening

Charles has a big and lavish 70th birthday party

Beatrice has a noteworthy 30th birthday party. Not as large and OTT as her 18th but sizable enough that it gets media attention

Monaco and Sweden

2nd pregnancy for Beatrice and Pierre

Madeleine and Tatiana both have their 3rd child. The first to give birth will have a girl, the second will have a boy.

Great Britain:
Duchess & Duke of Cambridge will have a boy, Francis Michael Charles.
Beautiful wedding of Harry and Meghan in May; they will be created Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
On Meghan's 37th Birthday - Pregnancy Announcement.:flowers:
A baby, boy called John Henry Thomas, will be born on 9 February 2019.

Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank on the day of her 28th Bithday; wedding in September.

Engagement of Lady Gabriella Windsor & Tom Kingston on the day of her 37th Birthday:flowers:
Wedding in late September
Pregnancy Announcement - in December
A baby, a boy called Hubertus, will be born in June.

Princess Beatrice will enjoy the single life.

Pregnancy Announcement For Peter and Autumn Philips on the date of Peter's 41st Birthday:flowers:
A baby, a boy named Brian Mark Jacob, will be born in August 2019; he will be their last child.

Zara & Michael Tindall will concentrate on upbringing of Mia; no new baby for them this year.

In Gloucester family nothing will change (no more grandchildren for the Ducal couple).
In Kent family (apart from Gabriella's engagement) - nothing more, except that wife of lord Frederick Windsor after long rehabilitation will regain full physical fitness.
No engagement for any of Duke of Kent or Princess Alexandra's grandchildren.

Lascelles family:
A baby for Honourable Edward & Sophie Lascelles.
Marriage for Amy Lascelles.

Sweden:
Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill will have a girl, Therese Elisabeth Victoria, Duchess of OlandPregnancy Announcement for Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel in May: a girl, named Alice Anna Daniela, Duchess of Vastmanland, will be born in February 2019; she will be their last child.Prince Carl-Philip & Princess Sofia will concentrate on upbringing of their two boys; no new baby for them this year.New baby for Gustav & Vicky Magnusson (another girl).
Princess Christina will fight off leukaemia.

Luxembourg:
Pregnancy Announcement for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie in May; a girl, named Alix Josephine Marie-Therese, will be born in February 2019 (On mother's 35 Birthday); a legislation process will start so she could inherit the throne.

Prince Louis & Princess Tessy will finalized their divorce.

Prince Felix & Princess Claire will concentrate on upbringing of their two children; no new baby for them this year.
No engagement for anyone of the youngest siblings.

Monaco:

Andrea & Tatiana Casiraghi will have a girl, Carolina.
First grandchild for Princess Stephanie (parents: Louis Ducruet & Marie Chevalier - a girl, Henriette)
Engagement for Charlotte Casiraghi & Dimitri Rassam on Easter - wedding in October.
Pierre & Beatrice Casiraghi
will concentrate on upbringing of Stefano; no new baby for them this year.

Liechtenstein
Engagements & Weddings for two cousins: Prince Wenzeslaus & Princess Maria-Annunziata respectively.

Belgium:
Pregnancy Announcement for Prince Amedeo & Princess Elisabeta of Belgium on Elisabeta's 31st Birthday - a boy, named Albert Ettore, will be born in early June 2019.
Engagement for Prince Joachim & Victoria Ortiz in May; wedding in October.

Netherlands:
Engagement & Wedding of Nicolas Guillermo.
Third child of Prince Jaime & Princess Victoria of Bourbon-Parma (a boy)

Spain:
Maria Zurita y de Borbon will have a girl.
Fernando Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón & Nadia Halamandari will finalize their divorce.

Denmark/Greece:
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg & Count Friedrich-Jefferson von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth will finalize their divorce.
Engagement & Wedding for Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark & her boyfriend.
Pregnancy announcement for Prince Nikolaos & Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark (birth of a girl).

Norway:
Princess Martha-Louise & Ari Behn will finalize their divorce.
Families of King's sisters:
Marriage of Olav Lorentzen.
A baby for Carl-Christian & Anna-Stina Ferner.

Beautiful wedding of Prince Christian of Hannover & Alessandra de Osma in Lima in March.
Heredeitary Prince Ernst-August jr & Hereditary Princess Ekaterina will have a girl.

Babies to be born:
Prince Moulay Ismail & Lalla Anisa of Morocco - a boy.
Princess Amélia of Orleans e Bragança & James Spearman - a girl.
Princess Maria Galitzine & Rishi Roop Singh - a girl.
Prince Filip & Princess Danica of Serbia - a boy.
Princess Alix de Ligne & Count Guillaume de Dampierre - a boy.

Weddings-to-be:
Nicholas Medforth-Mills & Alina Maria Binder - July.
Princess Stephanie of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha & Jan Stahl - July.
Princess Sophie of Wurtemberg & Count Maximilien d'Andigne - October.
Princess Mako Akishino of Japan & Kei Komuro - August.
Prince Casimir zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn & Alana Bunte - August.
Archeduke Franz Ludwig of Austria & Mathilde Vignon - June.
Countess Savina de Lannoy & Aurélien de Bauw - September.
Count Georg zu Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenhems & Julia Ahrens - June.
Prince Joseph of Bourbon-Parma & Anna Louise Bogelov Budd - June.
Count Corentin d'Ursel & Marine Kervyn d'Oud Mooreghem - September.

As for now - enough; I will continue later with non-reigning and non-European Houses.

Last edited:
Under Meghan’s influence, Harry will become a style icon (the new grey suit was just the beginning).

Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank on the day of her 28th Bithday; wedding in September.

Pregnancy Announcement For Peter and Autumn Philips on the date of Peter's 41st Birthday:flowers:
A baby, a boy named Brian Mark Jacob, will be born in August 2019; he will be their last child.

A lot of detailed predictions, these two stick out for me.

1. The Queen is in Balmoral for September so a September wedding for Eugenie would almost certainly be a Scottish wedding. Do you think Eugenie and Jack would have a wedding like Anne and Tim or one like Zara and Mike?

2. Autumn said in a 2015 interview that her and Peter were done having babies. Do you think that now that Peter is 40 and Autumn's fertility window is starting to close that they'll have an 11th hour change of heart? It's happened before. It would certainly be a surprise announcement.

A lot of detailed predictions, these two stick out for me.

1. The Queen is in Balmoral for September so a September wedding for Eugenie would almost certainly be a Scottish wedding. Do you think Eugenie and Jack would have a wedding like Anne and Tim or one like Zara and Mike?

Like Zara and Mike; maybe even in the same church.

2. Autumn said in a 2015 interview that her and Peter were done having babies. Do you think that now that Peter is 40 and Autumn's fertility window is starting to close that they'll have an 11th hour change of heart? It's happened before. It would certainly be a surprise announcement.

How many couples with even longer marital relationship than these two and with even older children than theirs (teenage children, of age children, grandchildren even!) had it?
Not trying for a baby, one passionate night and...boom! Pregnancy.?
They could even have twins - due to both Autumn's age and the fact that she is a twin herself.

Last edited:
Pregnancy Announcement for Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie in May; a girl, named Alix Josephine Marie-Therese, will be born in February 2019 (On mother's 35 Birthday); a legislation process will start so she could inherit the throne.
Luxembourg already changed their legislation in 2011. Their firstborn will inherit the throne regardless of the gender.

When it was announced? Could you post a link?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom