What If They Hadn't Married Their Prince?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward told members of society at a party in New York, later in his life , that quite a lot of valuable articles were actually his [ given to him personally] that he left behind in England and he could use them now. Should have taken them when he could. They were not given to the crown. Went on to describe them and they are still in BP. I am trying to locate the old newspaper article and will post when I do. Has to be on this Internet somewhere.
But wasn't Edward's need for more money later in life due to the fact that he didn't receive any money from the royal family/government? If he had stayed on as king his economy would most likely have been the same as his brother's, and if there was no Wallis, would there have been a need to spend as much money?

I'd venture that Maxima would have used her base in New York and job in the financial industry to land the Euro/Anglo husband-with-the-deep pockets she seems to have been angling for, according to New York rumors (this may well be malicious gossip, but let's face it, does Maxima strike any of you as the type to get hitched to the cute-but-broke plummer down the street? Didn't think so either.)

Letizia would have stayed where she was: a news anchor of ever increasing stardom. She would have gone on, probably, to marry an equally accomplished husband, had her current one not existed, let's say.

Mary would have dated and eventually married a hunky Aussie who'd be working in the advertising/marketing biz. She, meanwhile, would stick around in the property development business, in some sort of marketing capacity.

Mette Marit would have, by now, have a few more kids with a handsome Norwegian who's maybe in the oil business (Better than hunting wales, non?), maybe someone she met through Eva Sannum (what on the planet happened to that one?!)

hah, this is fun, people! ;)

Eva Sannum finished her study journalism.
Her husband/partner is Torgeir Vierdal.
The couple has two sons, born in August 2008 and January 2011.

At the moment she is a succesfull director of a norwegian magazine.

Source: an interview she gave in 2014 to spanish magazine Semana

Would Farah Diba made a career as an architect in Iran if she never married Shah?

You are absolutely correct about the succession being in safe future hands, but now Queen Elizabeth II might not have become queen until she was almost 60 instead of 25. Her father would not have had the power to help in winning WWII as he was only a prince. Playboy king could have done a lot of damage to economy to the point of selling some valuable articles [most of which he hated but Wallis loved] for spending money. Remember Queen's uncle "Duke of Windsor" was really a self-centered privileged man that only enjoyed society and was pathetic when it came to the common areas of life. Actually, Wallis S. did the world a favor.

Since the forum is about "what if they hadn't married their princes", I suppose that, if Edward VIII had not married Wallis, he would most likely have married someone else eventually and had children of his own (assuming he was not infertile, was he ?) . Princess Elizabeth of York would never have become queen then.

Since the forum is about "what if they hadn't married their princes", I suppose that, if Edward VIII had not married Wallis, he would most likely have married someone else eventually and had children of his own (assuming he was not infertile, was he ?) . Princess Elizabeth of York would never have become queen then.
Edward VIII was maybe infertile, since he got mumps during puberty. But that is off topic for this thread.

What about Queen Elizabeth II? and if she had not met Prince Philip? Who would she have married?
Would she have a marriage like her sister's? would she be capable of marrying a commoner?

What if Princess Margaret married Peter Townsend? What happened?

What about Queen Elizabeth II? and if she had not met Prince Philip? Who would she have married?
Would she have a marriage like her sister's? would she be capable of marrying a commoner?

It's said that her family and the establishment favoured a marriage between Princess Elizabeth and a member of the British aristocracy.

No not likely at that time...she would of most likely married a member of the British Aristocracy (as was being pushed).

Hard to know about Princess Margaret. I think she might of been happier on a personal level. Not sure the position she kept made her very happy in the end.

LaRae

I think that Charlene Wittstock woukd still be living in S. Africa and possibly married to a sportsman. I think she would have remained active in the swimming world possibly coaching and commentating on S. African TV at events like the Olympics. I don't think she would have had children though. I feel there were problems for her in that dept. which Albert's money helped to overcome.

No not likely at that time...she would of most likely married a member of the British Aristocracy (as was being pushed).

If I'm remembering right, one of the suitors that were contenders for the hand of Princess Elizabeth was Henry George Reginald Molyneux Herbert, 7th Earl of Carnarvon, KCVO, KBE, DL known as Lord Porchester and "Porchie".

If Philip didn't come into the picture, perhaps Elizabeth and Porchie would have had a long and enduring marriage. They were quite close friends throughout their lives and both of them were totally engrossed in the racing world and horses.

Perhaps Elizabeth was blessed with the right husband and the right best friend? I'd like to think so.

Yes..wasn't their friendship cause for rumor at one point? Not that I believe it..just remember hearing about it.

I think Phillip was all she ever saw after she met him at 13...she remained pretty fixed on him.

LaRae

I believe that at one time, there were whispers and rumors that the Queen's marriage was on the rocks and that actually Andrew is Porchie's son. All just blowing smoke as there was never any rumor actually substantiated by anything credible.

The Queen and Porchie remained life long friends until his death pretty recently. That's one thing I admire about the Queen's marriage. Both she and Philip have had close friends of the opposite sex without it ever being a romantic entanglement.

Yes..wasn't their friendship cause for rumor at one point? Not that I believe it..just remember hearing about it.

I think Phillip was all she ever saw after she met him at 13...she remained pretty fixed on him.

LaRae
Totally fixed on him. Her parents practically shopped her around the cream of the aristocracy and were moving down. Even when they finally became engaged her father asked (ordered) them to wait another year before publicly announcing it in the (very) forlorn hope of a change of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom