The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Mathilde: I first discovered her on her wedding day. i found her beautiful, and smiling, perfect for a new Royal. For what I saw from her since, my opinion hasn't changed.

Maxima: discovered on her wedding. She was radiant, and WA and her seem truly in love. She had a warm smile and seemed to be quite down-to-earth.I think the same now.

Mette-Marit: I was really wondering what would happen when she married CP Haakon. She seems to be more confident now that she was at that time. And I always find her husband very attractive.. I remember already noticing him at the opening of Lillehammer Olympics!

Letizia: She appeared a bit arrogant during the engagement press conference, so I was a bit dubitative about her. But the commentaries about her being a divorcee had annoyed me:what 's the point? I'm sure the same people who find the divorce thing "unsuitable" for a future queen would have given their blessings to the wedding if Letizia had had dozens of lovers (without marrying them) instead!
Now I admire her as an hard-working Crown Princess

Mary: I also wonder sometimes if she' s a model or a princess. (Her photos sessions in Vogue, etc just after her wedding, plus the Starmakers course she did make me wonder..)But she seems to be a good Crown Princess anyway.

Victoria: First time I heard of her was some years ago when she was very thin because of eating disorder. I felt bad for her. Always been a nice-looknig and hard-working Princess to me. Her brother Carl Philip is the image of the Prince Charming to me...:p

Marie-Chantal: I watched her first time during the Danish royal wedding. I have absolutely no idea of who she was. I just noticed the fake smile she had, and during the whole ceremony she had a snobby look.But then, she was pregnant at that time, so it can explain.

I agree with Marengo about Kate Middleton and Chelsy Davy: the first looking a bit boring, and the second vulgar and IMO a social climber.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Crown Princess Victoria: Not sure where was the first time I saw her. But I knew that I felt her to be be quite beautiful on the outside and then as time passed, I found her to be quite beautiful on the inside as well.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Nobility

The first time I saw Queen Margrethe was on tv for the Royal Wedding!:o
I thought she looked really interesting in her bright pink. It was when she walked into the cathedral with her husband and went right up the front to kiss her sons. My mum said "The Queen of England would never do anything like that" I liked her immediately, I thought she was really cool
Old 10-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

When Silvia was presented to the Swedish people for the first time I thought - wonderful, the monarchy is safe.

grevinnan
Old 12-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Majesty

mary
i did not think she would marry frederik, nethier did i think much of her, but she has grown on me

I liked mette marit from the start saw the interview where she talked about her life i did not see her as a scandal
Old 03-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Courtier

i first saw máxima on her wedding day. Strange, i thought, she is so fragile, with her thin skin and her dark eyes. Willem-Alexander seems to be really in love, the way he looks at her, as if he won a billion. I thought her skin looks old though, maybe its the light, but maybe she might wither soon. My opinion has changend, i think now she is very lively.

i got to know mathilde only on this forums, i didn't care first, she was boring to me. But she started to grow on me lately.

first time i saw letizia i thought she is a little firm and dry,but pretty.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Diana: I think I was about 7 or so (old enough to read) and I saw her on the cover of a magazine and I was shocked to learn that there were real life princess in the world! I couldn't believe it and I have been fascinated ever since.

Mary: At first I thought that Mary was a little insecure and needed a little more self-confidence. I never thought of her as calculating until I saw some pictures, or was it a video, of her talking with a group of people in a social setting. She seemed more like she knew what she was doing, in control, and I could see how some could get the impression of her being calculating. Maybe the change was a result of her education which is shaping her into a queen. I think she is growing in her role and I hope that she will get to the point where she is truly a people's princess.

Alexandria: I don't remember which picture was the first one I saw of her, but I liked her instantly. Everything about her came across the right way. I don't even know her, but to me she comes across as caring, considerate, helpful, friendly, a hard worker, loves her family, fashionable and glamorous, resourceful, and has everything together and all of her priorities straight. I think someone said that she took to royalty like a fish to water.

Victoria: The first time I heard about her it was in a story about her eating disorder. I don't even remember what picture it was that went along with the story. I do remember being aware that she was a royal that I wanted to keep my eyes on in the future. I hope she can perform her role as queen as well as QEII.

Mette-Marit: When I heard her story, I remember thinking WOW! This is a story that might change royal protocol in the future, and hopefully for the better for the royals so that they can be happier in their personal lives. I was happy for her. Since she had her children, she comes across as very loving and motherly. It is a good quality to see on a future queen.

Kate Middleton: I like her because she is not showy. I think she suits William well as well as being a princess. I hope she is the one for him. I could get used to the idea of her as a princess.

Chelsy Davy: Party girl, perfect for Harry.

Lalla Salma: My husband is Moroccan and pays attention to their royal family. When the King married her, I remember learning a lot about her. She was a software engineer, had lovely red hair, was the first Moroccian royal wife to be given a royal title (Princess)[before only princesses that were born royal were given that title], that she put her foot down before they were married and said she would be his only wife, and that her parents were lower middle class. On another note, the current King went to my husband's cousin's wedding when he was still a Prince. It was in 1989.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

I think that we can't really say much about the personality of the person in a picture but still we have our own opinions

mary: I felt that she was really unsure and shy but the more I know here she seems down to earth and nice. I guess, she seems assertive and is her own person. she seems to make fred really happy.

maxima: very south american....extrovert..has so much passion in life

letizia: I feel that she is not letting people know who she really is, it seems to me that she is putting up a wall between her and the people...she seems really serious
Old 08-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

I first saw the Queen on tv when I was 5 years old. I was told she lived in a far away land in a castle. I thought that was neat.

I was told by my grandmother that after World War I a lot of royal housholds no longer had political power. After World War II some of them were kicked off their thrones.

When I got older, I became more interested in royalty.

My first opinion of Diana was I was really not that impressed with her. It seems like she was too young to marry as she's a year older than me and I could hardly have imagined at that age getting married. I didn't think it would be a happy marriage, sad to say because it was too good to be true almost, which it turned out to be.

I liked Sarah right away and believed she would have a happy marriage. This of course wasn't to be. Unlike Diana and Charles, this couple seemed to really be in love with each other.

I felt sorry for Mette because people gave her a very hard time. Sometimes people still do as evident whenever commoner being bad is mentioned, her name usually comes up.