What Charities Would You Support

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom

Nobility
City
Miami
Country
United States
If your life was predominantly focused on supporting charitable causes, what charities would you support?

World Vision ^_____^ Red Cross, The Salvation Army, the Australian Cancer Institution, Red Noes Day, Genes for Jeans DAy....ahh....my big heart will be open for all the charities ^__^

I would support any AIDS charity, any charity that support equal rights for anyone and everyone, educates, feeds and gives medical assistance to poor families or anyone in need anywhere in the world. :)

Princess Diana been funded as Ballet,Hiv&Aids,etc because she president for ballet and Hiv&Aids and mores! she been over about 200&300 visits patients and ballets and also cancer.

i really like her job what she done!

Sara Boyce

- some kind of asociation to help animals that makes their rights be heard
- other one for old people
- other one for kids of poor countries
- asociation of disabled people

Absolutely great question, Freedom!

Although most of these aren't inspired by my daily life, these organizations supports issues that I believe need help and support. Found them on those charity databases available online.

Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
Make-a-Wish Foundation
American Land Conservancy
Arthritis Foundation
Association for Cultural Interchange
Business for Social Responsibility
Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Planned Parenthood
CARE
In Loving Memory
Islamic Networks Group
Native American Outreach
Salvation Army
World Peace Clowns
BackCare

As of right now, I'm a poor college student and can't make any donations yet. :( However, I do visit the site www.care2.com daily where I can support several causes with a click of a button. It's a free membership and there are a lot of environmental things that you can do/get out of this site. I hope members from LTR will click them, even if you don't plan on starting an account with it. :D

you know that i never been donate before!

im wishes i would have donate like to honour Princess Diana's memorial funds but my family wont understood what im talking about it! but im really badly to donate what i wanted it!

Sara Boyce

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Médecins Sans Frontières
[/font]Greenpeace
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Amnesty International
Oxfam
WSF
Population Connection
State of the World Forum
UNESCO
Refugees International

[/font]

Last edited:
Lance Armstrong Foundation (cancer survivorship, research,...)
MS national society

I would support the charities I already support: the ones devoted to sick and dying children (St Jude's, Shriner's Hospital) and to homeless animals (Best Friends Animal Shelter, SAAC (Sacramento Area Animal Coalition)). However, I would be able to give them MUCH more money!

I would support cancer research, particularly reproductive cancer research, as unfortunately many people close to me have battled such cancers, and far too many of them have lost their battles and died from them. And as a young woman whose own mother has battled a reproductive cancer, my own chances of getting cancer in the future are much higher and thus research and a cure for cancer is very dear to me. In the past 5 years I have attended more and more funerals for the parents of my friends who have been afflicted with various types of cancer from bowel to brain, and I am far too familiar with the Oncology ward of my local hospital than anyone should ever be.

I'd definately support Red Cross and organisations concentrated on helping children. I would also get more interested in Amnesty International. I have already been sending letters to political leaders in urgent cases. AI organises those actions. All you have to do is register and you will get informtion about the specific cases, involving torture, death penalty etc.Then you write a letter, according to the guidelines, and send it. Sometimes it really works.

In light of the tsunami tragedy, I think we should think about Care and the Red Cross/Red Crescent as charities to support if you haven´t thought of them before. And all of the other organizations that have done so much to help those in need.

My list:
UNICEF
Commission on Human Rights
American (or international) Diabetes Association (dear to me, my father and I are diabetic)
American Cancer Association (again, family connection)
Domestic and Child Abuse Prevention
Mental Health Issues
Doctors Without Borders
Operation Smile

ONU, UNESCO, UNICEF, RED CROSS, Comission of Human Rights, Amnesty International...hummm....Greenpeace, Peta...CARE...HOPE.. and someone wich help people with AIDS...

The Danish Red Cross, The AIDS foundation her in Denmark and WWF (World Wide foundation) made by the late Prince Bernhard of the Nederlands.

Last edited:
Bernard of the Netherlands was founder AND president of the WWF :)

Currently I support, UNICEF, Red Cross, Shriners Hospital's (How can masonry be "evil" when such organizations are created and supported largely through masonic support?-Sorry just a personal little pet peeve!), MS Foundation of Coloroado as well as the MS National Foundation, Lupus Foundation, and the masonic youth organizations.

susanstotz said:
prince Albert is wearing a yellow lance armstrong bracelet at the olympics (see picture today of the Hello website)
It seems Prince William also supports the Lance Armstrong Foundation as his is wearing a "Livestrong Band" For those who don't know-that's the yellow band, or "braclet" William is wearing and is a "fundraiser" used by the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The bands are very popular here in the US, I myself wear one daily in support of the organization.

51923981.jpg

I don't really know how to limit what charities. Do are a lot that need money especialy in S. Africa where I live. But these are the ones I do and would donate to.

1. Nkosi Haven (Children's AIDS and HIV charity. Helps infected and affected children)
2. SPCA (Animal charity)
3. Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
4. My Acre of Africa (you donate money to maintain the national animal reserves and heritage sites.)
5. Avril Eizabeth Children's Home (Hadicapped Children hospital)

.. and Interantionally..

6 Red Cross Red Cresant
7. St. John's Ambulances.
8. International Award Association
9. WHO (World Health Organisation)
10. Amensty International

Freedom said:
If your life was predominantly focused on supporting charitable causes, what charities would you support?
The Red Cross

Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Global Fund for Women

Doctors Without Borders

Norwegian-American Foundation

United Nations Children’s Fund

Norwegian Center For Human Rights –NCHR

Norwegian Association Against AIDS

The Norwegian Arts Council / Norwegian Cultural Fund

That's just for starters!!

Britters said:
Currently I support, UNICEF, Red Cross, Shriners Hospital's (How can masonry be "evil" when such organizations are created and supported largely through masonic support?-Sorry just a personal little pet peeve!), MS Foundation of Coloroado as well as the MS National Foundation, Lupus Foundation, and the masonic youth organizations.
I know what you mean. Often times people tend to be very negative to organizations (or religions) that they don't understand. They often get false information from the press (we know how bad they can be) or rumors that lurk about & don't take the time to really find out about an organization.

I feel the same way about Narconon (who use Scientology discoveries) who has helped so many battle their dug & alcohol addictions. I suppose there are lots of people who see Scientology as bad or at least controversial but they don't bother to really find out about the teachings. I don't see how they can be bad as I've seen their teachings firsthand from friends who are members (and outstanding members of their community too). I'm happy that I have freinds from all diff religions.

I always try to make it a point of finding out about my friends religious belifs & really learning something. I feel that by doing so it promotes a better understanding of cultures,people & promotes peace & understanding in the world. Tollerance.

susanstotz said:
did not know that free masonry is still considered evil in some countries, last time I read about that was in tolstoys war and peace, pierre is a freemason I think and that is considered risky and progressive in the book.

In holland the freemasons are a dulll group of middle class men, as far as I know, similar to those members of the rotary and the lions club

all 3 of the organisations do lots for charity
It's not total countries that believe the Masons (and their appendant organizations) evil, more religions and close minded people of many countries... and unfortuanetly trying to "reason" or share the organization with those sorts of people only make it worse... My family has been involved in Masonry for generations, when DeMolay was started the men in my family joined the popular youth group and then moved into Masonry when they were of age. It's amazing the amount of charity these groups do, and yet people continue to protest and speak out against them because they have rituals that they refuse to share with people who are not members, however many of the groups ceremonies etc are open to the public and very, very beautiful!

Anyway-here State side the Mason's are a group of men who go unnoticed in the news, for the most part anyway... Up until the hype of Davinci Code and Angels and Demons and the release of "National Treasure" (A movie here in the states-that I highly reccomend!) I don't think there had been much mention of the Mason's in the news... All three of the above mentioned "press" generated some more interest, and the impressions of Masonry are "good" rather then "evil" in the US press or interests... (for the most part at least!)

Sorry I know that's kind of off topic-sometimes its nice to just get your piece out...ya know...and now back to discussing charities...

I also support the Shelter for Battered and Abused Women of Colorado

There are so many I would love to support!

I suppose my top charities would be charities relating to breast cancer, and strokes.

Yeah...I put some before,that i´m found of, but, i really wanted to support all that i could......Right now, if i were a Royal, i would go to Asia and help the children and people who survived the Tsunamis......I thing that charity brings the best that is in every person...

Mine would be the:

Red Cross/ Red Crescent
Doctors Without Borders
CanTeen (for teenagers/ children with cancer)
Starlight Foundation (like the Make a Wish Foundation)

* But if I had to pick one, it would be the Red Cross. I think they're always reliable, well respected and very dependable. I have been a little disappointed by some international agencies who I thought should have reacted faster to the tsunami disaster....

ALS Association, Amnesty International, International Diabetes Foundation, Nelson Mandela's 4664 AIDS Initiative, Association for International Cancer Research and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom