The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanstotz
prince Albert is wearing a yellow lance armstrong bracelet at the olympics (see picture today of the Hello website)
It seems Prince William also supports the Lance Armstrong Foundation as his is wearing a "Livestrong Band" For those who don't know-that's the yellow band, or "braclet" William is wearing and is a "fundraiser" used by the Lance Armstrong Foundation. The bands are very popular here in the US, I myself wear one daily in support of the organization.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Courtier

I don't really know how to limit what charities. Do are a lot that need money especialy in S. Africa where I live. But these are the ones I do and would donate to.

1. Nkosi Haven (Children's AIDS and HIV charity. Helps infected and affected children)
2. SPCA (Animal charity)
3. Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
4. My Acre of Africa (you donate money to maintain the national animal reserves and heritage sites.)
5. Avril Eizabeth Children's Home (Hadicapped Children hospital)

.. and Interantionally..

6 Red Cross Red Cresant
7. St. John's Ambulances.
8. International Award Association
9. WHO (World Health Organisation)
10. Amensty International

Old 01-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
If your life was predominantly focused on supporting charitable causes, what charities would you support?
The Red Cross

Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Global Fund for Women

Doctors Without Borders

Norwegian-American Foundation

United Nations Children’s Fund

Norwegian Center For Human Rights –NCHR

Norwegian Association Against AIDS

The Norwegian Arts Council / Norwegian Cultural Fund

That's just for starters!!
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 01-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
I hope that all of you make some donation to charity!
yes, I do so when I can. Every little bit helps as they say.
"Many of us experience daily life becoming ever more hectic. This may be a good reason to stop a bit - and think about if what one spends time on is in fact how one really wants to spend it," Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
Old 01-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Currently I support, UNICEF, Red Cross, Shriners Hospital's (How can masonry be "evil" when such organizations are created and supported largely through masonic support?-Sorry just a personal little pet peeve!), MS Foundation of Coloroado as well as the MS National Foundation, Lupus Foundation, and the masonic youth organizations.
I know what you mean. Often times people tend to be very negative to organizations (or religions) that they don't understand. They often get false information from the press (we know how bad they can be) or rumors that lurk about & don't take the time to really find out about an organization.

I feel the same way about Narconon (who use Scientology discoveries) who has helped so many battle their dug & alcohol addictions. I suppose there are lots of people who see Scientology as bad or at least controversial but they don't bother to really find out about the teachings. I don't see how they can be bad as I've seen their teachings firsthand from friends who are members (and outstanding members of their community too). I'm happy that I have freinds from all diff religions.

I always try to make it a point of finding out about my friends religious belifs & really learning something. I feel that by doing so it promotes a better understanding of cultures,people & promotes peace & understanding in the world. Tollerance.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanstotz
did not know that free masonry is still considered evil in some countries, last time I read about that was in tolstoys war and peace, pierre is a freemason I think and that is considered risky and progressive in the book.

In holland the freemasons are a dulll group of middle class men, as far as I know, similar to those members of the rotary and the lions club

all 3 of the organisations do lots for charity
It's not total countries that believe the Masons (and their appendant organizations) evil, more religions and close minded people of many countries... and unfortuanetly trying to "reason" or share the organization with those sorts of people only make it worse... My family has been involved in Masonry for generations, when DeMolay was started the men in my family joined the popular youth group and then moved into Masonry when they were of age. It's amazing the amount of charity these groups do, and yet people continue to protest and speak out against them because they have rituals that they refuse to share with people who are not members, however many of the groups ceremonies etc are open to the public and very, very beautiful!

Anyway-here State side the Mason's are a group of men who go unnoticed in the news, for the most part anyway... Up until the hype of Davinci Code and Angels and Demons and the release of "National Treasure" (A movie here in the states-that I highly reccomend!) I don't think there had been much mention of the Mason's in the news... All three of the above mentioned "press" generated some more interest, and the impressions of Masonry are "good" rather then "evil" in the US press or interests... (for the most part at least!)

Sorry I know that's kind of off topic-sometimes its nice to just get your piece out...ya know...and now back to discussing charities...

I also support the Shelter for Battered and Abused Women of Colorado
Old 01-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Nobility

There are so many I would love to support!

I suppose my top charities would be charities relating to breast cancer, and strokes.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Yeah...I put some before,that i´m found of, but, i really wanted to support all that i could......Right now, if i were a Royal, i would go to Asia and help the children and people who survived the Tsunamis......I thing that charity brings the best that is in every person...
Old 01-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Courtier

Mine would be the:

Red Cross/ Red Crescent
Doctors Without Borders
CanTeen (for teenagers/ children with cancer)
Starlight Foundation (like the Make a Wish Foundation)

* But if I had to pick one, it would be the Red Cross. I think they're always reliable, well respected and very dependable. I have been a little disappointed by some international agencies who I thought should have reacted faster to the tsunami disaster....
Old 05-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

ALS Association, Amnesty International, International Diabetes Foundation, Nelson Mandela's 4664 AIDS Initiative, Association for International Cancer Research and many more.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Mental Health
Victims of Rape
Malti Nepal (for Nepaleese women kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery but escaped or were freed)
Fashion
Art/Textiles
jewelry designers
Old 05-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

AIDS

health of all sorts

unicef

environmental issues of all sorts

animals and animal rights

small businesses and farmers
Old 05-25-2005, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Fight Aids Monaco

( People unfortunatly tend to forget about this terrible desease )
Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Courtier

women's education
Cancer(specially breast and reproductive system cancers)
Children's right
Old 05-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

im really like to funds for more honour what i wanted it!

but i understood Crown Princess Mary's mother had heart attack in operations but she patrons includes Danish hearts foundations when she visit her hometown in Australia month ago and also had Australia heart funds also but my late grandfather had 2 heart attacks in 1975 and 1976 and my father had heart-valet almost one years ago but if have any heart funds in world?

and im really big interest about Princess Diana's memorial funds but i wanted to learn about that to honour her but i never met her before.

Sara Boyce
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

well i would like royals to support World Vision. While we are on this topic let me tell you a true story which happened last year .

A famous woman in Perth Australia called Rose Hancock-Porteous lives in the hugest mansion in Perth and is stinking rich. (she was a former maid who married a powerful mining magnate) she was known as a gold digger. Anyway, she held a garage sale and said all the profits would go to charity- the Princess Margaret Hospital fund. Once
she got the money she never gave it to charity, she admitted to spending the money to CLEAN HER CHANDELIERS!!!! and get new chandeleirs as well! Can you believe that!

Anyway, she was accused of killing her husband but the case was dismissed or something and now shes moving to Melbourne. She is demolishing the beautiful mansion istead of selling it.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
well i would like royals to support World Vision. While we are on this topic let me tell you a true story which happened last year .

A famous woman in Perth Australia called Rose Hancock-Porteous lives in the hugest mansion in Perth and is stinking rich. (she was a former maid who married a powerful mining magnate) she was known as a gold digger. Anyway, she held a garage sale and said all the profits would go to charity- the Princess Margaret Hospital fund. Once
she got the money she never gave it to charity, she admitted to spending the money to CLEAN HER CHANDELIERS!!!! and get new chandeleirs as well! Can you believe that!

Anyway, she was accused of killing her husband but the case was dismissed or something and now shes moving to Melbourne. She is demolishing the beautiful mansion istead of selling it.
oh my god!

why she never give any donates to charity but she not nice woman! but that really rude woman! mostly Royals always needs for donates what needs for more reasons!

Sara Boyce
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

What's wrong with cleaning chandelliers?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
What's wrong with cleaning chandelliers?
haha i take it your joking Bubbette? we ll it was a huge media event here (the garage sale) and she said it was going to Princess Margaret Hospital for Children Fund. When in fact it was lies and she spent the money for herself!

She lied to the sick children and the community. Imagine how ripped off the hospital felt!
Old 05-28-2005, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

Oh, well, if it was misused that's something else.