Careers For The Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
-i think that the king (carl gustaf) would have been either a scout grouper or the leader of a circle of criminals (i know its not a nice thing to say about some one but his face is too serious)
-the queen and the duchess of halsingland and gastrikland would have made excellent behavioral psychologists
-The duchess of vastergotland would have made a good politician ......some thing about her voice....makes one want to listen to it
The duke of vastergotland......well he was already a fitness trainer before his marriage so id guess hed continue to do that
The duke of varmland- professional race car driver

Denmark:
Queen Margarethe:Something creative and artistic, maybe she would design stage-outfits for ballet dancers or work in a theater?

CP Mary:A lawyer ,but she could also be professor at a university.
CP Frederik:I could see him in the boy scouts-movement,he likes sports,adventure and knows how to handle a couple of wild kids;-)

Spain:
King Juan Carlos: A hotel owner or some type of Flavio Briatore who has a lot of affairs with models and does not care what people think about him.
Queen Sophia:She could be working in a museum or teaching students at the university about archeology or history.
CP Letizia: A tv presenter or investigative journalist
CP Felipe:Lawyer or diplomat

With Denmark I'd like to add that Henrik would be fulltime winemaker.

Spain - Felipe once said that he would have gone for journalism in case of not being royal. Letizia already had her befitting profession, JC, that just cracked me up, yes, I could easily imagine him as global playboy with shady businesses providing the money a la Flavio Briatore.

-i think that the king (carl gustaf) would have been either a scout grouper or the leader of a circle of criminals (i know its not a nice thing to say about some one but his face is too serious)
-the queen and the duchess of halsingland and gastrikland would have made excellent behavioral psychologists
-The duchess of vastergotland would have made a good politician ......some thing about her voice....makes one want to listen to it
The duke of vastergotland......well he was already a fitness trainer before his marriage so id guess hed continue to do that
The duke of varmland- professional race car driver

King Carl Gustaf as leader of criminals!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Thanks for brightening my day. I call him King Grumpy

Britain

HM: A horse/dog trainer.
Prince Philip: I agree with those who think he would've been an admiral.
Prince Charles: One of the presenters of Country File or another nature programme.
Camilla: For some reason I can imagine her being a headmistress/deputy head of a secondary school.
Prince William: A helicopter pilot (like he is now).
Catherine: Helping out with Party Pieces and working in Jigsaw (like she used to).
Prince Harry: Something to do with the army.
Prince Andrew: A helicopter pilot, like William.
Prince Edward: I think he would work in Showbiz (like he used to).
Sophie: A teacher in a primary school.
Princess Anne: A vet.

Spain

King Juan Carlos: The manager of a sailing club.
Queen Sofia: I can imagine her owning a museum.
CP Felipe: Competing for Spain (in sailing) in the Olympics.
CP Letizia: A journalist (like she used to).
Infanta Elena: The manager of a well known shop.
Infanta Cristina: Working with Inaki at Telefonica or a similar company.

Denmark

Queen Margarethe: An artist.
Prince Henrik: I agree with those who said he would be a winemaker.
CP Frederik: I can imagine him being a cyclist.
CP Mary: Working in a clothes shop.
Prince Joachim: A farmer (IIRC he manages a farm already).
Princess Marie: Working for an advertising agency (like she used to).
Princess Benedikte: A horse trainer.

I'm not sure about other royal families yet, but when I think of something I'll add them in another post.

Last edited:
The Queen- Working in an animal shelter- Animal welfare officer
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge- Child Hospice
Countess of Wessex- Child Hospice
Princess of Wales- Child Hospice
Princess Beatrice- Actress, or child hospice.

Haha,I agree with your observations about Carl-Gustav, he is a little bit of a rascal :lol:
I could also see him as a boy scout or criminal, but I do not think he would be very successful in an illegal profession because sooner or later he would brag about his mischievous actions and end up in jail...

Last edited:
If these individuals were working as physic/occupational/speech therapists, I can guarantee that all the children at my school would be begging to go and 'play' with them.

I can only imagine how awesome that would be- I would join them.:lol::D

Part Two of a post I made earlier

Sweden

King Carl XVI Gustaf: The leader of a Scouts group.
Queen Silvia: Something do to with horses/flowers.
CP Victoria: A vet.
Prince Daniel: A sportsman.
Prince Carl Philip: A motor racer.
Princess Madeleine: A professional horse rider (I have heard that one of her interests is horse riding).

The Netherlands

King Willem-Alexander: Competing for the Netherlands in the Olympics.
Queen Maxima: A banker (like she used to).
Princess Beatrix: I can imagine her owning a restaurant.
Prince Constantijn: A politician.
Princess Laurentien: A freelance communications consultant (like she is now/like she was).
Princess Margriet: A nurse.

Norway

King Harald: A professional sailor.
Queen Sonja: A photographer.
CP Haakon: A sportsman.
CP Mette-Marit: A sportswoman.
Princess Martha Louise: A teacher.
Ari Behn: An author.
Princess Astrid: A politician.

Prince Charles: College Professor or educator, botanist
Princess Ann: An occupation involving horses, horse trainer
Prince Edward: film director or director
Prince Andrew: businessman
Prince William: EMT (since he rescues people) or doing something similiar in the military, medical doctor.
Prince Harry; military officer or career military

Princess Martha Louise: an author of books

Queen Silvia - advocate for woman and children's rights. I could see someone like her working for a non-profit organization. Spokesperson for the organization.

King Carl-Gustav - CEO of a corporation

Last edited:
I thought of something else: Prince Andrew likes Golf so perhaps he could be a professional golfer.

The Netherlands
King Willem-Alexander: Competing for the Netherlands in the Olympics

:ROFLMAO:
That is one of the most unlikely options mentioned here :lol:

Imo
P.Beatrix: managing director of a large company
The younger generation dutch royals pretty much all *have* a non-royal career, so pretty much what they are doing now...

Q.Margarethe of Denmark: an artist (sculptor, painter, somewhere along that line..

:previous: I agree.. Willem Alexander is the most unfit modern CP..Living off mostly his mother's and then his wife's charisma..

Queen Elizabeth II: A horse trainer
Prince Phillip: A naval officer
Prince Charles: An organic farmer
Princess Anne: An equestrian
Prince Andrew: A naval officer
Prince Edward: An actor
Diana: A daycare worker
Sarah: A horse trainer
Sophie: A public relations manager
Camilla: A horse trainer
William: A soldier
Harry: A soldier
Kate: A fastfood worker

I have been following this thread for quite a few months, and have some points to say..
Almost all of us suggest the professions that are the most normal, average ones..even the lower side of it..
Farmer, horse trainer, school teacher, artist etc..etc..
No one has ever thought/wanted any royal to take up the creamiest professions like..
Neurosurgeons/Cardiologists..
Tennis players or football or cricket (atleast BRF) stars
Astronauts/Space scientists
Silicon Valley Billionaires..founding something like Microsoft/Facebook/Twitter..
Top movie stars
Not even fighter pilots...

I have a few reasons listed here..Please mind that I am also one of the many average people, have nothing to offend anyone/any profession..
1. Since we mostly belong to average professions, when we identify the royals as one among us, we see them as one among us..
2. How much ever royalists/fans we are, we have an inherent subconscious ego that whatever the royals are, that is because of our love and support (even if not "my money")..And those individuals per se cant be great achievers in life..
3. The most common reason mybe..we simply identify them with the thing they are most seen with..the charity causes they mostly support..
4. Even the royals have proven in line..always studying silly subjects like history of art, history of thought, philosophy,instead of taking up real professional subjects like engineering, medicine etc etc..

Want to know what people think of my thoughts..

That´s true, apart from some exceptions (K.Carl-Gustav and K.Juan-Carlos), most royals seem to be pretty much like ordinary people who could work in a job like us...
There are some people who might do unconventional jobs - Diana,Harry or Carl-Philipp are the people who first come to my mind,I could also see them in not-so common jobs:)
I always thought that the late POW would have done a great job in showbusiness,she had the charisma,beauty and instinct to be a great actress and she was also a trained in classic ballet. Being an actress she would have had much more freedom and she would have met lots of interesting people and still have time for her charities.
Prince Harry could be a fighter pilot, like Tom Cruise in Top Gun ;-)
Prince Carl-Philipp of Sweden could be a professional race-car driver, I think he prefers to be with jet-set people and celebrities and not so much with the sort of people he has to meet at a Nobles ceremony.
The Duchess of Cambridge,Q.Maxima & Willem-Alexander,CP Mary and Frederik are very athletic,they could also compete in some sort of sport competition,but somehow I can´t see them as full-time athletes....
P.Beatrix could be CEO of a company, she is very disciplined,intelligent and has good leadership qualities.

Last edited:
Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, could be a landscaper.

:rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:

He could! Or gardener. Or farmer.
He could also be a painter.

Queen Elizabeth II: horse breeder
Prince Philip: admiral

I believe these are the most realistic options for them. :)
For sure! And to add to that I think that The Princess Royal would have followed in her mother's footsteps. I'd like to think about them having a stud farm with them both working there, breeding and training horses. And then throw Zara in the mix, riding! Oh what fun! But I can totally see it since they are already doing most of the above. I mean, the Queen is a world class horse breeder in her own right and Anne has a nice equestrian estate and Zara rides and trains.

I have been following this thread for quite a few months, and have some points to say..
Almost all of us suggest the professions that are the most normal, average ones..even the lower side of it..
Farmer, horse trainer, school teacher, artist etc..etc..
No one has ever thought/wanted any royal to take up the creamiest professions like..
Neurosurgeons/Cardiologists..
Tennis players or football or cricket (atleast BRF) stars
Astronauts/Space scientists
Silicon Valley Billionaires..founding something like Microsoft/Facebook/Twitter..
Top movie stars
Not even fighter pilots...

I have a few reasons listed here..Please mind that I am also one of the many average people, have nothing to offend anyone/any profession..
1. Since we mostly belong to average professions, when we identify the royals as one among us, we see them as one among us..
2. How much ever royalists/fans we are, we have an inherent subconscious ego that whatever the royals are, that is because of our love and support (even if not "my money")..And those individuals per se cant be great achievers in life..
3. The most common reason mybe..we simply identify them with the thing they are most seen with..the charity causes they mostly support..
4. Even the royals have proven in line..always studying silly subjects like history of art, history of thought, philosophy,instead of taking up real professional subjects like engineering, medicine etc etc..

Want to know what people think of my thoughts..
I fully agree with you.

Prince Charles - an educator, possibly a college professor
Prince Edward - an actor, director or playwright
Princess Ann - owner of a horse farm, a horse instructor

Prince Charles is a college professor- never thought of that. Although he does like philosophy and spirituality, possibly a writer of books on the subject.
Agree about Edward and Anne.
I think Edward would be a good actor or director.
And Princess Anne and horses go together like milk and cookies.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden could be a ski instructor.
Prince Carl Philip could be an agricultural chemist.

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden could be a ski instructor.
Prince Carl Philip could be an agricultural chemist.

:wizard::wizard::wizard:

He could be... he also could be a race-car driver and designer, which he already is :flowers:

Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, could be a game-fisherman.

Peter Phillips, the son of Princess Anne, could be a certified public accountant.

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark could be an attorney.

Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco could be an elementary school teacher.

Peter Phillips, the son of Princess Anne, could be a certified public accountant.

How do you figure that? I read on wiki That he held positions as "account manager" and "managing director"; in my experience these individuals have quite different qualities than an accountant...?

Andrea Casiraghi of Monaco could be an elementary school teacher.

The Casiraghi family is big in real estate, shipping and offshore activities and enjoy great wealth. I wonder what makes you think that Andrea leaves the family's activities for what these are and opt for a job as elementary school teacher? So far Andrea enjoyed his wealth and privileged position to the max and there is no indication at all he is interested in working with children?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom