Unwelcomed Guests

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bstatic

City
Calgary
Country
Canada
Does anyone think that these hordes of people that mock and insult while surrounding the cars that are traveling with the royal family inside are completely ridiculous? I think that the royal family members are being way to nice and accepting of this outrageous behavior. If you look back in history people would be condemned to death for such behavior. I think it shows sympathy on the royal families part but these people are nuts and shouldn't even be allowed within a mile of royal family members. I have been upset by this allowed behavior for about a week now so I thought I'd search a forum of some sort where I could get these concerns of mine out on.

Also I believe the fact that some very nice but strange staff members of the royal house are breaking their signed contracts and selling private information that is over exaggerated simply because they got fired, should not be tolerated at all. I am not saying hurt those people or lock them up in prison but I don't believe they should be allowed to say bad things about the royal family that was suppose to be kept private under contract. Stuff like that simply shouldn't be printed. There should be no ifs, buts, or ands. It simply should not be printed. I am sure these things are already being addressed but it seems every time when some big event isn't happening there is some idiotic behavior going on that should not be accepted.

Believe it or not I am not even someone who posts on these forums, I am not obsessed or even read much about the royal family. I just happen to watch a lot of documentaries, TV and articles in the newspaper. I am nothing but a concerned citizen of Canada that has seen a dramatic shift from the days where when you said horrible things about the royal family or to the royal family you would be punished or those things would never even make it into print. It is simple people who say bad things about any royal should be punished appropriately.

I mean I think if the person who yells out, "I hate you" or something worse completely randomly and has turrets syndrome that they should not be punished but usually that isn't the case. If someone starts threatening me or starts saying nasty things to me they usually get charged with, "uttering threats". These are very nice people who deserve to be left alone. I think their fans are great but anyone who doesn't like the royals should keep it to themselves. Profiting from someone who made a completely human mistake and announcing to the world they made a mistake is disgusting. It is only made a big deal because they are the royal family.

Anyways that is my rant and I thought it might spark some interesting replies unless everyone here worships the royal family and is afraid to give an honest opinion.

I've never heard this happening in the UK. I myself have been around royal cars, and the royal train and not seen such incidences.

Didn't something like this happen a while ago (last year or two) with C&C after the Birmingham riots?
It's the only example I can think of, though.

Didn't something like this happen a while ago (last year or two) with C&C after the Birmingham riots?
It's the only example I can think of, though.

Nope. Charles and Camilla were on there way to the RVP at the London Palladium last year when the car drove through rioting students about the hike in tuition fees. A window was smashed and paint thrown over the car.

Nope. Charles and Camilla were on there way to the RVP at the London Palladium last year when the car drove through rioting students about the hike in tuition fees. A window was smashed and paint thrown over the car.

Ah yes. That was it. Thanks.

I've never heard this happening in the UK. I myself have been around royal cars, and the royal train and not seen such incidences.

Can't say that I have ever heard of such and event surrounding the BRF or members of the BRF. The odd protest certainly, usually about something unrelated to the BRF, but nothing like what was outlined by the original poster. Sounded more like something that would happen in a banana republic.

Hi,

I had to create a new account as I forgot my password lol. Since you guys don't really know what I have been talking about I will find and post the articles I have read regarding the issues I have spoke of. Some of them are Canadian documentaries and some of the articles are as well. It is probably stuff that wasn't shown in Britain.

The first big one regarding publishing secrets that were forbidden by law to be published was a book I heard about on the TV show called Doc Zone on CBC. Doc Zone is a short documentary owned by, "CBC". Every week or month they have a new documentary. The Documentary I was talking about was called "The Royals" and it is about the Royal families staff and staff who have rebelled by writing books about, "The British Royal Family.". That documentary shows a lot of what I was talking about. The other article I have read can be found on google by searching for the incident where that person broke a sheet of glass over a car which was during the Riots apparently. Another one is from a magazine that I believe I still have that showed a bunch of angry protesters surrounding a car with The King himself in it I believe. I think it was from around 2006-2008 but I will post a more specific message about it later with hopefully an online article for you all to see.

Hi,

Iarticle I have read can be found on google by searching for the incident where that person broke a sheet of glass over a car which was during the Riots apparently. Another one is from a magazine that I believe I still have that showed a bunch of angry protesters surrounding a car with The King himself in it I believe. I think it was from around 2006-2008 but I will post a more specific message about it later with hopefully an online article for you all to see.

I suspect you are refering to the student riots a couple of years ago. They were actually protesting against the rise in tuition fees at universities. Charles & Camillas car got caught up in it on their way to the royal variety performance. Paint got thrown on their car and I believe a stick was poked through the window on Camillas side. It wasn't a protest against the royals or the monarchy as such, and pretty much anyone whose car had been caught up in it would have receive the same treatment. Some students also attacked the Cenotaph.
Not sure what King you mean in 2006-2008. We haven't had a King on the throne since February 1952.

I suspect you are refering to the student riots a couple of years ago. They were actually protesting against the rise in tuition fees at universities. Charles & Camillas car got caught up in it on their way to the royal variety performance. Paint got thrown on their car and I believe a stick was poked through the window on Camillas side. It wasn't a protest against the royals or the monarchy as such, and pretty much anyone whose car had been caught up in it would have receive the same treatment. Some students also attacked the Cenotaph.
Not sure what King you mean in 2006-2008. We haven't had a King on the throne since February 1952.

Yep, that's the same thing SLV mentioned. The protest was last year for extra info.

bstic: Read you're post and thought about what you have said. Here's my thoughts on it.

There are very little consequences to those who have worked for royalty and then later have sold their story to the news media or have had a book written about it. Royals have threatened to sue over this information but this hasn't stopped this. When was the last time someone who was involved in this was ordered to pay a hefty fine or was sentenced to serve time in prison for this? Does anyone know the answer to that?

The only way that this would be stopped and I'm not in favor of this either would be to adopt very draconian measures such as very hefty fines and or long prison sentences or both. Tie the hands of the judges so they would have to impose this even if they think this is unfair. Make sure they spent every moment of it in prison and make sure they pay the rest of their lives for it. This is not something you could do in the modern world as backlash against the royal family would be great and this probably would be challenged in court.

Another less severe way to do this would be to make the lives of those involved in this miserable. Make it difficult for them to get any decent paying job and make them social outcasts. Make anyone who is friends with them pay for that friendship in a similiar fashion. Put pressure on others to make them outcasts. Again this would backfire as they would be seen as being victimized.

Not really sure what the answer is to this question as the solutions in the 2 paragraphs I don't agree with.

If a royal is breaking the law and committing crimes like insider trading or drives recklessly down a highway on a regular basis, then that is where the line is drawn as far as privacy goes. Someone needs to be aware of this as both of these incidences affects people's life, one financially the other endangers his or her life as well as others on the road.

As much as I admire and like royals, they are not above the law and they need to be held accountable for what they do just as others are. I don't know that any royals have done these things that I've described above(just using them as an example).

These are just my thoughts and it was not my intention to upset or offend anyone.

Most of the books I know about that have been written by ex-employees were written before the very strict confidentiality clauses were inserted into the employment contracts.

Since they did that there have been fewer, if any, tell-all stories. The reason for that is that the royals now have a legal leg to stand on - breach of contract - whereas before all they had was a sense of outrage.

The way they punish people is to exclude them e.g. if Paul Burrell hadn't written the tell all books and sold his version of Diana's story over and over again since she died would he have been excluded from the wedding - I don't think so but William made it clear what he thinks of Burrell by not inviting him.

Thank you everyone for your input. I'd like to especially thank nascarlucy for her information and opinion. I think disrespecting a royal, for example, poking them with your finger or insulting them should carry some sort of punishment. I'm not saying that someone who poked a royal and swore at them should spend five years in prison but maybe should be sentenced to prison for at least a few months or be given some sort of selections of humiliating punishments for themselves, such as, holding a sign depicting something weird thing or their crime. I think taking away someones freedom for embarrassing royalty or the queen of England is a bit extreme unless it was really something awful but a punishment equal to that of the act done might be alright.

Does anyone think that these hordes of people that mock and insult while surrounding the cars that are traveling with the royal family inside are completely ridiculous? I think that the royal family members are being way to nice and accepting of this outrageous behavior. If you look back in history people would be condemned to death for such behavior. I think it shows sympathy on the royal families part but these people are nuts and shouldn't even be allowed within a mile of royal family members. I have been upset by this allowed behavior for about a week now so I thought I'd search a forum of some sort where I could get these concerns of mine out on.

Also I believe the fact that some very nice but strange staff members of the royal house are breaking their signed contracts and selling private information that is over exaggerated simply because they got fired, should not be tolerated at all. I am not saying hurt those people or lock them up in prison but I don't believe they should be allowed to say bad things about the royal family that was suppose to be kept private under contract. Stuff like that simply shouldn't be printed. There should be no ifs, buts, or ands. It simply should not be printed. I am sure these things are already being addressed but it seems every time when some big event isn't happening there is some idiotic behavior going on that should not be accepted.

Believe it or not I am not even someone who posts on these forums, I am not obsessed or even read much about the royal family. I just happen to watch a lot of documentaries, TV and articles in the newspaper. I am nothing but a concerned citizen of Canada that has seen a dramatic shift from the days where when you said horrible things about the royal family or to the royal family you would be punished or those things would never even make it into print. It is simple people who say bad things about any royal should be punished appropriately.

I mean I think if the person who yells out, "I hate you" or something worse completely randomly and has turrets syndrome that they should not be punished but usually that isn't the case. If someone starts threatening me or starts saying nasty things to me they usually get charged with, "uttering threats". These are very nice people who deserve to be left alone. I think their fans are great but anyone who doesn't like the royals should keep it to themselves. Profiting from someone who made a completely human mistake and announcing to the world they made a mistake is disgusting. It is only made a big deal because they are the royal family.

Anyways that is my rant and I thought it might spark some interesting replies unless everyone here worships the royal family and is afraid to give an honest opinion.

Well,if the royals of today acted like the royals from let´s say two centuries ago,they would be quickly out of power and sent to a far away island (Falkland,anyone?) Today they have to be more understanding and closer to the people-but it doesn´t mean they have to accept unlawful or rude behaviour.I have seen several royal family members but all of them were treated with respect,some even worshipped as if they were saints or deities.The British RF is very popular,CP Mary and CP Maxima and CP Victoria are also attracting a large crowd of very enthusiastic fans everywhere.When I´ve seen Princess Christina from Spain in Vienna she was walking around like anyone else,I wouldn´t have noticed her if it hadn´t been for an elderly lady who pointed her out and told me who she was.

What I find quite annoying that everytime a new member is marrying into a RF they are scrutinised to death-no matter if its Daniel,Mary,Mette-Marit,Catherine or Charlene-they are butchered and treated with so much malice by some posters that I find hard to comprehend.It may make some ppl feel better about themselves to put down other people but they sometimes invent stories and rumours that are unbearable and would make me (if it was said to me) absolutely furious and sad.So far I can´t think of any Princess (former commoner) who married into the RF without prior Princess-bashing by several posters who later praise the same royal as the personification of elegance and nobility.

Can you tell us-Which incident are you referring to and which royal do you think has been treated especially unkind?I was not there,but I can imagine that P Charles & Camilla received a lot of hate and yelling after he divorced Diana and all the stories about their infidelities (and Diana´s) came out.

Last edited:

They must be republicans. They are fast to capitalize on the human errors of royals.

Last edited:
I think disrespecting a royal, for example, poking them with your finger or insulting them should carry some sort of punishment. I'm not saying that someone who poked a royal and swore at them should spend five years in prison but maybe should be sentenced to prison for at least a few months or be given some sort of selections of humiliating punishments for themselves, such as, holding a sign depicting something weird thing or their crime. I think taking away someones freedom for embarrassing royalty or the queen of England is a bit extreme unless it was really something awful but a punishment equal to that of the act done might be alright.

You do know how the system in the UK works don't you? Your suggestion is hilarious, something like this is never going to come to pass. This is the 21st Century not the dark ages. Could you also provide us with a situation where Queen Elizabeth II or any royal has been poked or sworn at? Or where any unwelcomed guests have gathered? As you can see we've only come up with one.

They must be republicans. They are fast to capitalize on the human errors of royals.

Why must they be republicans? The only example the people have found of anger towards the British Royal Family is a student protest against the rise in tuition fees which Charles and Camilla's car drove into. So far no other incidents have been brought forward to confirm bstatic's view.

And the protesters were screaming 'Off with their heads!' which, if history is any guide, is not a good thing. Though with those two.....*sense of humor here*

And the protesters were screaming 'Off with their heads!' which, if history is any guide, is not a good thing. Though with those two.....*sense of humor here*

I've never heard they were saying that, could you link me a source please?

Likely would have shouted the same things at you, me and anyone else whose car got caught up in that mess. They were out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom