True Love Marriages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QUEENECE29

Royal Highness
City
Istanbul
Country
Turkey
Today, February 14 Valentine's Day

Which Royal mariages do you think are or were "True Love"?

Here are some...​

Wallis Simpson - Edward VIII
Camilla - Charles
Grace Kelly - Rainer
Sonia - Harald
Mette-Marit - Hakoon
Maxima - Willem Alexander
Mathilde - Phillippe
Letizia - Felipe
Mary - Frederik
Mabel - J.Friso
other (who?)​

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't say which couple may not be in love with each other,I'll just mention 3 young and beautiful couples that give me the impression that they truly love each other:

-Frederick and Mary
-Felipe and Letizia :twohearts:
-Joachim and Marie

to me that true love lives​

Fabiola & Baudion
Mette-Marit & Hakoon
Mabel & Johan Friso​

Pieter & Margriet
Beatrix & Claus
Fabiola & Boudewijn
Albert & Paola
Astid & Lorenz

Maybe it wasn't all love at fist sight. Maybe it wasn’t all sunshine. But still they give me an impression of true love.

Grace and Rainier, Caroline and Stefano.

King Harald and Queen Sonja
King Hussein and Queen Alia
Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit

Queen Elizabeth II [definitely] and Prince Phillip [not at first but grew into strong love]

Prince Felipe [quite fast] P. Letizia [ more quietly and reserved in beginning]
Prince Frederick & P. Mary [a strong devotion and then love]

Prince Frederick and Mary.

CP Frederik and CP Mary
CP Felipe and CP Letizia
CP Philippe and CP Mathilde

Rainier and Grace
Caroline and Stefano

I'll be a romantic and say they're all true love.:wub: I would hate to think of any one of them being conniving enough to marry for any other reasons :cry:

I'm sorry for saying this:it's true that Pr.Rainier and Grace Kelly were not truly in love with each other.Has anyone else heard it?

Märtha and Ari
Cristina and Inaki
Constantijn and Laurentien
Carl Gustav and Silvia

Felipe and Letizia
Maxima and Willem Alexander
Mette-Marit & Hakoon
Philippe and Mathilde

I'm sorry for saying this:it's true that Pr.Rainier and Grace Kelly were not truly in love with each other.Has anyone else heard it?
Yes definitly! Many people have claimed that Grace married to please her father, being the black sheep in the family, and Rainer out of duty to marry someone suitable. Many of the other couples who claimed true love, were probably not. Many biographers claimed Wallis didn't truely love Edward, but was in love with the prospect of being married to the prince of wales.

Thanks for confirming this,Auntie :flowers: Furthermore,Grace spent many years in a luxurious appartment in Paris,away from Rainier ;)

Maxima & Willem-Alexander
Felipe & Letizia
Carl Gustav & Silvia
Mary & Frederik

King Badouin and Queen Fabiola
King Harald and Queen Sonia
King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia

I think all the current CP couples :wub:

And I´ll do a special mention to Cristina and Iñaki, Joachim and Marie, Martha and Ari and Mabel and JFriso

Lets see

Edward and Wallis (He ABDICATED a throne for her)
Haakon and Mette-Marit (He put his parents through hell to marry her)
Badouin and Fabiola (He reamined married to her even with no heir)

Fred and Mary & Felipe and Letizia are, IMO, acts. The men may have been in love in the women but I have a hard time believing that this is anything but social-climbing for Letizia and Mary (esp. Mary)

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Love and Friendship

Lets see

Haakon and Mette-Marit (He put his parents through hell to marry her)
Badouin and Fabiola (He reamined married to her even with no heir)

Fred and Mary & Felipe and Letizia are, IMO, acts. The men may have been in love in the women but I have a hard time believing that this is anything but social-climbing for Letizia and Mary (esp. Mary)
Edward was besotted with Wallis, no doubt, but was she? I think not...

Edward was besotted with Wallis, no doubt, but was she? I think not...

Probably not..... Even in the current couples I think Haakon, Frederick and Felipe are more in love with their wives than the wives are with them. Esp. in the Danish case- IMO, Mary does not seem to be in it for love

About Mary:that could become a great dramatic movie or novel....I'm not being ironic here,I just want to say that nobody knows that,so it would be much better not to express things that we just suspect...

I think in pictures Frederick shows he loves Mary more than Mary shows it but, IMO, that doesn't mean that Mary is not in love with him. (if that makes any since)

Of course it makes sense.There are many types of people:some like to show their feelings publicly and some others are more restrained.It's just a matter of character.For example,a person I find really relaxed to express her love in public is Marie,while Mary and Letizia are very different.But that doesn't mean they are not in love with their husbands.They just have the ability to control it.I remember Anna-Maria and the way she looked Constantine:her true love was so obvious(although she was really shy)!!As you can see,there are so many ways to express your love.That's why we shouldn't judge someone's feelings towards his/her "other half" by the way she/he behaves in public.

I think it is important to emphasize what we all know, and that is there are many kinds of love, and we see it in all our dear royals. Some are lovey dovey, some are soul mates and best friends, some are very protective of one another etc etc.

No! He backed himself into a corner threatening to abdicate like a child holding his breath. He was the last one the think TPTB would actually say, "Yes thank you"! He is probably the only King in history to lose his throne by throwing his toys out of the cot! Once he had he was stuck with it and her.
Do you have any special reason for your somewhat harsh judgement of Letizia and Mary?

The Queen and Prince Philip.

Back
Top Bottom