The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2016, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

If you look in the "right" magazines there are rumours about all couples mentioned in this thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Which just goes to show you can't really judge a relationship from the outside looking in.

Harry and Chelsy are yesterday's news while William and Catherine are happily married with children.

It's like what people have been saying throughout the thread. Every couple is different and what's 'true love' for one isn't true love for another.

Whatever works, works.
Its not really a case of "what's true love" though? Im sure that Harry and Chelsy were in love. It wasn't JUST a relationship were she was with him because of his position (though I'd say his position mattered to an extent). But it was a young love and didn't survive separation... Will is a more serious type of guy than Harry and I think that while he may have taken a bit of time to decided that Kate was the one, once he did, he was in the relationship for keeps. And yes of course it does show that "looking all happy" or PDA doesn't mean a damn thing.. I think that WIll was determined to keep the relationship with Kate as private a possible until it was official, because he hates the press - it does not mean that he didn't love her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
If you look in the "right" magazines there are rumours about all couples mentioned in this thread
I have seen posters on another forum refer to soemthing about Frederik, Its not from the sort of mag that deals in scandal and rumours..

Old 08-27-2016, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

PDA comes in many forms as well. Some couples are all over each other in public and some aren't

I like the little things William and Catherine do. The hand holding, the smiles, the brushing up against each other, William's hand on Catherine's back.

They balance each other out. William said he is dry and Catherine is naughty. I think they have great chemistry.

Like any royal couple, it's whatever works. Different strokes, for different folks.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The rumors are more widespread about certain couples, though.

Personally I go by the rule of three; if you hear the rumor from three different sources, it's true.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I have seen posters on another forum refer to soemthing about Frederik, Its not from the sort of mag that deals in scandal and rumours..
ah yes, because if it's on the internet, it must be true but seriously, it really depends on the forum of course, but i know of forums where spreading gossip is a way of life, they are worse than all regular gossip mags thrown together, so i'd be very careful with what is said on forums like that...
Old 08-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Speculation based upon rumour and gossip is discouraged on this particular forum - on the other hand, going back to the topic of the thread to discuss which marriages we think are true love is positively encouraged.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
PDA comesThey balance each other out. William said he is dry and Catherine is naughty. I think they have great chemistry.

Like any royal couple, it's whatever works. Different strokes, for different folks.
They don't have any chemistry, IMO because they simply aren't charismatic. But I'm sure they are reasonably close. they suit each other, both being rather apathetic people.
Old 08-27-2016, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

King Felipe and Queen Letizia have faced rumours about their relationship in some sections of the Spanish media I believe, but it hasn't really seeped out into the English-speaking world. I do think that the little adoring looks they give each other at times are absolutely delightful, and not for PR.
Old 08-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark: Truest love
Old 08-28-2016, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
ah yes, because if it's on the internet, it must be true but seriously, it really depends on the forum of course, but i know of forums where spreading gossip is a way of life, they are worse than all regular gossip mags thrown together, so i'd be very careful with what is said on forums like that...
I didn't say that "because it was on the internet it must be true".
Old 08-28-2016, 03:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
King Felipe and Queen Letizia have faced rumours about their relationship in some sections of the Spanish media I believe, but it hasn't really seeped out into the English-speaking world. I do think that the little adoring looks they give each other at times are absolutely delightful, and not for PR.
I'd assume as there was a fair bit of opposition from the RF to Felipe marrying her, he is in love certainly and she probably is, because she had to overcome a lot of hostility from the RF. And I'm sure that in Catholic SPain, his marrying a divorcee wasn't thought well of by many of the public.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:23 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Overcoming obstacles and resolving problems together is really the cement that holds a marriage together and allows for the love between two people to grow. Being "in love" is a feeling. Actively loving each other takes work and commitment.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-28-2016, 03:44 AM
Serene Highness

well yes but I thought that wahat this thread was about was, which married couples married because they DID have a love feeling, or which of htem was it for convenience. I think for example Rainer and Grace were close to the convenience side, but they did have a fondness for each other and they DID try to make the marriage work and it grew into love. Perhaps not a perfect love, I think that they both had times when things were not good, their children were a problem and they spent time apart with other lovers.. but under all the problems I think that they DID care deeply..
With more modern young royals I feel that of course they are promoted as being in love but are tehy? perhaps the male Royal partner is, but is the woman perhaps dazzled by his position?
Old 08-28-2016, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that's always probably the case when a Royal or someone who has world wide celebrity has when they marry. However deeply in love they are, however wonderfully happy they are together, there probably is still that little niggle in the middle of the night "Does ---- really love me as I love him/her or is it my fame/position that's part of the attraction?" Sometimes you have to trust your instincts, though....
Old 08-28-2016, 06:03 PM
Serene Highness

That IMO is why it may well be better for a Royal to marry another royal or at least an aristocrat who is less likely to be dazzled by the wealth or position.
I think Grace Kelly was fond of Rainier, was attracted by him but as an American didn't really understand Europe or the Royal duties and obligations. I think in his case HE was the one who was marrying for convenience more. She was probably ab it closer to "in love."
NOt that she was stupid, or that she didn't grow into the role, she did very well but I think at first there were things that she didn't really know or understand and it took time. I think she wanted out of the film business but then began to miss acting and didn't realise that at that time, it wasn't really going to be possible for her to act
Old 08-28-2016, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The biographies I've read don't indicate it was a love match on her part ...based on what I've read, while she may have been somewhat fond of him, it was a marriage of status/position.

LaRae
Old 08-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

For me it is a bit hard to believe that there weren't feelings, of whatever nature they may have been,after having seen how hearbroken Rainier was during Grace's funeral. It is in moments like that that you can't fake.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

That was after years of marriage though, and Grace's tragic death.

I do think at the beginning that Grace had grown somewhat tired of Hollywood and of acting. She was getting into her later twenties in an era when women married earlier than they do now. She liked Rainier I think, and was intrigued by the idea of being a princess in a stunning little country.

I don't think she was desperately in love with him or anything, (or he with her for that matter) but they were compatible and it was the right time for both to marry. I do believe that love grew between them over the years.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:00 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
They don't have any chemistry, IMO because they simply aren't charismatic. But I'm sure they are reasonably close. they suit each other, both being rather apathetic people.
I agree, 100%. I think they(William and Kate) would be better suited as some well off country squires married to one another and out of the spotlight. I just can't see these two future as king and queen.

Even the rather lackluster George VI and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon appeared more charismatic and regal, not to mention actually interested in what was going on outside their tight little circle.

But the Cambridges seem devoted as parents and have delightfully adorable children. If building a happy family life with well adjusted children is their true goal they are right on track.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

From what I've seen, William and Catherine have some great love between them. Remember the royals try to be professional when in public and the British royals can be a bit stiff too and shy too. It's a different story behind closed doors and in those bedrooms.

The British royals don't fool me!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS

Tags
royal, true love