True Love Marriages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've seen, William and Catherine have some great love between them. Remember the royals try to be professional when in public and the British royals can be a bit stiff too and shy too. It's a different story behind closed doors and in those bedrooms.

The British royals don't fool me!

I think that Kate wouldn't have married William if he wasn't the second in the line of succession for the british throne. but with the thing about the different story behind closed doors I totally agree with you! we don't know if they really love each other or not, we can just judge that what we see, read or hear, and that's far from all!:)

I've always wondered about the marriage of Prince Guillaume and Stephanie Lannoy.

Not very inspiring, they appear as dull as dish water in public and more than a little awkward.

It would be interesting to know what their definition of true love is.

Guillaume and Stephanie of Lux indeed a bit lackluster and charisma challenged.

But they are also dignified, well educated and informed about how Royal protocol works. For example they would not be caught dead walking in front of senior Royals, failing to greet or even failing to recognize a SENIOR or flashing their bits(inadvertently or not) for peeping Tom paps to blast all over the tabloids.

For that reason alone I bet the Catholic, traditional Luxembourgers are completely satisfied with their Hereditary Couple and don't mind that they lack worldly glamour.:cool:

Their definition of true love is probably just as highly personal and individual as yours and mine and everyone else's.

Last edited:
I think the Luxembourgers are completely satisfied with their Hereditary Couple.:cool:

I think the people of most countries are satisfied with their royals. At least according to polls.

But this thread is about true love. I agree it's subjective but that isn't stopping people from throwing shade on the marriages of royals they don't like.

For me, Guillaume and Stephanie look more like brother and sister than a married couple.

I think that Kate wouldn't have married William if he wasn't the second in the line of succession for the british throne. but with the thing about the different story behind closed doors I totally agree with you! we don't know if they really love each other or not, we can just judge that what we see, read or hear, and that's far from all!:)

I get the complete opposite feeling that Kate married William in spite of him being the second in line to the throne. The life of a senior royal always in the public glare and having to be "on game" when in public isn't a big attraction to marry someone. To most people, the life of royalty seems to be the epitome of what a grand life is but the people that actually live in the fishbowl can find it very limiting and restricting.

Right now their focus is on home and family and being duller than dishwater suits them just fine. They do shine immensely when they do activities in the public eye but they're careful enough to not want to make a big splash or draw too much attention to themselves personally as they're quite careful that their private lives remain just that. Private.

They know their time in the direct limelight is yet to come and it isn't a matter of if it will happen but that it will definitely happen and until then, they're perfectly happy with the way things are now.

I think that Kate woudln't have waited for 8 years for William had he been William Jones. OTOH, I don't believe that she is all that keen on the duties of a royal wife. But he isn't too keen on royal duties either. But I beleive they suit each other because they are rather dull people who dont seem to have any great interest in anything outside their own life...I think they are close as a couple, and so ion,problably good parents..but it is hard to get a feeling of anythng from them...

I think the people of most countries are satisfied with their royals. At least according to polls.

But this thread is about true love. I agree it's subjective but that isn't stopping people from throwing shade on the marriages of royals they don't like.

For me, Guillaume and Stephanie look more like brother and sister than a married couple.

And I think they are the epitome of what a traditional Royal couple should be...cosmopolitan, discreet, classy and dignified.

How do the French say it? Chacun a son gout[/I]?

Being a bit dull is kinda due to growing up and becoming mature adults. We have to remember that the Cambridge's and other couples are no longer in high school. Also, every couple is different. Just because one don't see them going half on a baby in public doesn't mean the real "true love" isn't there.

Traditionally the British royals are a bit dull and stiff, but don't let that tradition fool you. It's easy to think some royal couples don't have much chemistry and personality, but that's just due to their professionalism and class.

Last edited:
And I think they are the epitome of what a traditional Royal couple should be...cosmopolitan, discreet, classy and dignified.

People can be all those things and yet not 'in love'.

This thread is specifically about true love marriages but like most threads, it turns into a 'my royal couple is better than your royal couple'

A lot of royal marriages have been mentioned, but not G&S

I don't see any spark whatsoever between Guillaume and Stephanie

:previous:

Yes indeed Rudolph. The Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg have indeed been mentioned.

By YOU.:cool:

AND it started when you, as usual, took umbrage when you felt your precious Cambridges were under attack.

I have no idea if they or any couple on this thread are "in love" or not and unless you have have spies or cameras in their home neither do you.

I have said until I am blue in the face but I will repeat.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT GOES ON INSIDE SOMEONE ELSE'S MARRIAGE EXCEPT THE TWO WHO ARE IN IT.

I don't care if G/S are "in love" or if they spend their intimate time together playing Yahtzee and video games. I am impressed by the fact that they behave the way I expect a young Royal couple to act in public.

Period.

Last edited:
The thread is about true love marriages. If you don't care, you're commenting in the wrong thread.

This thread is based on pure speculation. No one is privy to inside information but that isn't stopping people from commenting on any number of royal marriages.

I initially took the high road. Didn't mention any royal couple by name but since others are doing it I decided to give my two cents worth.

It's not just Guillaume and Stephanie who I think have no spark it's just they haven't received comment until now.

Last edited:

I want to expand on that. How do you feel about King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium? I'd say they fall in the same corner.

Rudolph

I am in this thread because I am commenting that it can tricky to define what true love is, and who is in it, and who is not.

I am very much on topic.

BTW I never said that the Cambridges didn't look like they were in love. I said I they are dull(like G/S) they lack charisma(like G/S) and that I find don't find them professional or Royal(UNLIKE G/S)

When you decided to slip in your ham handed subjective comments about G/S as a response you were taking anything BUT the high road but carry on if you must.

Hi Skippy,

Not only do Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium APPEAR to be well mated, they are also classy, elegant and very Royal imo.

I enjoy them a great deal.

Last edited:
IMHO Sarah and Andrew were a true love match when they married. I do believe they still love each other but she is not suited for royal life.

Let's get back on topic please. If members could focus on the topic of the thread and post any responses in a constructive and mature manner, it might avoid unnecessary arguments. We do not encourage posters calling or implying that their fellow posters are 'haters'. At the same time, we do not encourage personal attacks on each other or on the royals that we are discussing.

Hi Skippy,

Not only do Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium APPEAR to be well mated, they are also classy, elegant and very Royal imo.

I enjoy them a great deal.

I think we are on the same page concerning the Belgian Royal Couple. I like them very much as well. Apparently there is a Dutch proverb that says "Kwaliteit wint altijd" (Quality always wins).
Their suble way of showing their love for each other is IMO really charming.

And I think Guillaume and Stéphanie of Luxembourg have a very silent kind of love. Which can be a good thing where maintaining their privacy is concerned, although Luxembourg's press is -AFAIK- far from intrusive. They don't jump off the screen so to say, but are IMO a rather off-the-radar-and-work-in-silence kind of couple. A united front behind the scenes.

Last edited:
I too have a real soft spot for Philippe and Mathilde. They have charm and an air of calm about them. I also think they are very professional and complete each other. Philippe was lucky to find Mathilde IMO and they always seem to be very happy together.

Several posts have been deleted since the last Mod note as they continued the personal remarks and bickering. Further similar posts will be deleted from now on without notice. Move on please - back to the actual topic and refrain from disrupting the thread.

I personally think that Carl Gustaf and Silvia seem to be more in love now than before the scandal book:) I really love it how they interact with each other!:heart::heart::heart:

Another couple that has come to mind when thinking about how much they meant to each other and interacted with each other is King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola.

I get the complete opposite feeling that Kate married William in spite of him being the second in line to the throne. The life of a senior royal always in the public glare and having to be "on game" when in public isn't a big attraction to marry someone. To most people, the life of royalty seems to be the epitome of what a grand life is but the people that actually live in the fishbowl can find it very limiting and restricting.

Right now their focus is on home and family and being duller than dishwater suits them just fine. They do shine immensely when they do activities in the public eye but they're careful enough to not want to make a big splash or draw too much attention to themselves personally as they're quite careful that their private lives remain just that. Private.

They know their time in the direct limelight is yet to come and it isn't a matter of if it will happen but that it will definitely happen and until then, they're perfectly happy with the way things are now.

Yep I totally agree.....AND after 8 years of dealing with all the things that came with William, she was not some starry eyed girl swept up into a fairy tale. She knew it was going to be an uphill challenge the rest of her life. There is no retirement.

I find it charming when they show those little demonstrations of love, often very subtle. I don't understand why people find them boring? Do they expect them to be jet setters or she out walking runways? Globe trotting?

They seem like a very stable solid couple who are basically happy and care a great deal for one another and their family unit.

If that is boring...bring it on, the world needs a lot more of it.

LaRae

I think Stephanie and Guillaume are charming...they are a sweet couple. I quite like them... I find them stable and content as opposed to boring.

LaRae

Another couple that has come to mind when thinking about how much they meant to each other and interacted with each other is King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola.
I totally agree with you! they seemed very in love:)

They are from my parents' era but when I discovered their story around the time of Baudouin's death in 1993 I wept, literally.

It's one of those beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime love stories that restores ones' faith in the idea of soulmates and true love sent from God.

Last edited:
IMHO Sarah and Andrew were a true love match when they married. I do believe they still love each other but she is not suited for royal life.

I think yes they were in love in a bit of an immature puppy dog way. But Sarah and he were both immature, and she simply was too selfsih to adjust to royal life. I think there is still an affection...but he's not such a fool as to go back to her..

Denville and TLLK, I agree with you both about Andrew and Sarah.

Their wedding is probably my all time favorite British Royal wedding and I never would have believed that it would all end the way it did.

I happen to believe that they genuinely loved one another but both lacked the maturity to sustain the relationship.

Until very recently I felt they still had a chance.

But sadly I think they are both selfish (not to mention greedy) people.

And Sarah is completely unsuited to Royal life.

I too have a real soft spot for Philippe and Mathilde. They have charm and an air of calm about them. I also think they are very professional and complete each other. Philippe was lucky to find Mathilde IMO and they always seem to be very happy together.

Did he find her, or was she found for him?

I know it was many years ago, but I recall a lot of controversy as to whether Philippe was fit to be king or should be passed over in the succession. I think there were some books alleging a forced marriage.

I am not saying this is all true, but I remember the furor at the time.
It died down a long time ago and the couple seems content but still, it does cast a shadow.

Last edited:
Yes I remember the rumours. I think they supposedly met at a tennis match, didn't they? Who knows whether someone gave Mathilde a shove or two in his direction. Perhaps they did. Philippe was hardly love's young dream and I think people were extremely surprised at the engagement because he'd reached an age when he wasn't really expected to marry. Nevertheless, I think they have plenty in common and always seem happy in each other's company and with their family, and I suppose you can't ask for more than that!

Denville and TLLK, I agree with you both about Andrew and Sarah.

And Sarah is completely unsuited to Royal life.
I don't think they had much of a chance. I think the RF (and people generally) felt that Sar had some rough edges but that she'd settle and fit in, but she didn't. Andy is also rather dumb and vulgar, but he has been reared in the RF and so he played the game... (of course it was easeir for him because he is male and he had his career), but looking back at Sarah, at the wedding, and generally I think it is obvious she really was too sily and vulgar and unfortunatley, instead of settling in, and learning how to do things, she got worse. I think that the money, the attention, the doing public engagements where she could "show off" to the public, etc.. it all went to her head. ANd gradually, she did less work, she wanted more money, she got fed up because she felt Andy was never home and wasn't supporting her when she got into trouble with the RF or the press.. and within a few years she wanted out. I think she believed, she could still have the good bits of royal life, her daughters were still part of the family, and she would still be seen by many as a royal duchess, but she woud be able to do what she liked and find a new richer husband..
But the husband didn't turn up, the RF gave her the cold shoulder and the public ignored her, so now, she would love to get back with Andrew, but it wont happen.

Yes I remember the rumours. I think they supposedly met at a tennis match, didn't they? Who knows whether someone gave Mathilde a shove or two in his direction. Perhaps they did. Philippe was hardly love's young dream and I thinkask for more than that!
What is wrong with Philippe? He is a kings son, so I can't imagine he could not find a wife.. and surely he wasn't too old to marry?

Back
Top Bottom